Black Cloud - Blue Mystic - Coco - 600W MH/HPS

Screenshot_2015-11-10-08-02-08.png

Good to know. Tonight I will raise the light at max height and look into the best method of bending. I like the sticks taped to the sides I think I saw in an old Shotta thread. Here is a pic of one of the lower pistils

Just wait a week, and those little buds will be more impressive for sure. It always amazes me how quickly these plants develop.

Nice work bud! + reps!

I know that feeling well. I can't wait to sample my buds. I'm most looking forward to the sour chiesel. I've been smoking way too much indica for a long time now. I need some sativa, and the sour chiesel should provide a nice dose of it.

Good stuff black, the blue mystic is a strain im considering as the indica in my nxt grow so im interesting to know how she turns out.
:thumb:

So I thought I'd take my advice and added a tablespoon of molasses to the feeding. I also removed the filter in order to raise the light to the top. If it gets too smelly I will get some Ona or put a smaller filter on. They went from 12" back to 18". I still have a few inches of headroom. Now that the filter is off my ventilation is doing really good. It is keeping the bulb cooler. Max temp is at 75 deg.Here is a pic with a bud site at 2 weeks 12/12
Screenshot_2015-11-14-12-28-06.png
IMG_20151114_111904379.jpg

Hey black the plants look great, nice setup too. Not sure how you could improve things in there, but when you do feed if you add 1/4 strength they should be OK. How often do you add nutes anyway? If you manage to keep the temps as they are (under 80f) I think it will help release the blue color tone of the mystic...now that would be a an awesome bonus lol!

Hey black the plants look great, nice setup too. Not sure how you could improve things in there, but when you do feed if you add 1/4 strength they should be OK. How often do you add nutes anyway? If you manage to keep the temps as they are (under 80f) I think it will help release the blue color tone of the mystic...now that would be a an awesome bonus lol!

I just upped the dosage but maybe I should kick it up some more? I am doing 1 tsp of FloraNova Bloom per gallon and I feed 2 or 3 times a day with coco. If they gave up the blue I would be so impressed bud they seem to be on a slow start. Gonna have to be patient.

Hey Black you should maybe consider cooling it with nutes...feeding everyday is too much I think. Many growers usually use plain water once or twice before feeding (thats in soil)...others feed once a week.
:Namaste:

Thanks but coco vs soil are completely different animals. You could set up a drip system like shotta and feed it several times a day, which I just do manually. With coco it is almost impossible to overfeed with a good root system. Every time you feed it brings in more oxygen. There are no added nutrients so everything you feed your plant is the only thing it gets. As a noob it just seemed way safer than soil and it has been above my expectations. Next grow I wanna splurge and get a real PH meter and PPM meter. Then I will really be in control.

It's funny you mention the blue color. Last night while tucking them in for the night I noticed a dark spot on one of the branches. It was the first thing I looked for this morning and it is bigger and purple. The nearby fan leaf also has a purple dusting. These pictures are horrible but its all I can do without disturbing them. You gotta believe me Lol
Screenshot_2015-11-15-09-56-00.png
Screenshot_2015-11-15-09-55-40.png

Haha I believe you buddy...hope you do get the purple/blue colour. Ive never grown in coco so I didn't really know, I suppose if you water only then it will simply wash away all the nutes from earlier lol! thanks for info...
:Namaste:

looking great man. be careful with the molasses. I would use something with a little more p and k in it. Floralicious plus and liquid koolbloom are very good products. Are you only using the floranova one part bloom and ca/mg obviously?

I did another round of defoliation on the same 3 plants. The one untouched plant has just kept on growing and growing. It's getting too close to the light so I had to bend her over and tie her down. Freaking nerve racking! I'm so glad nothing snapped. I think it's gonna help bud production too. It is really exposing some of the upper node sites.

I just found out I have to go out of town for a few days. Thanksgiving. Over the next week I am going to Jerry rig a cheap drip system. Who knows I might just make it permanent. I think the multiple feedings is what is making these things thrive. When they are really flowering I might bump up the feedings to 4 times a day if it is on a timer.

I did another round of defoliation on the same 3 plants. The one untouched plant has just kept on growing and growing. It's getting too close to the light so I had to bend her over and tie her down. Freaking nerve racking! I'm so glad nothing snapped. I think it's gonna help bud production too. It is really exposing some of the upper node sites.

I just found out I have to go out of town for a few days. Thanksgiving. Over the next week I am going to Jerry rig a cheap drip system. Who knows I might just make it permanent. I think the multiple feedings is what is making these things thrive. When they are really flowering I might bump up the feedings to 4 times a day if it is on a timer.

How many days are you leaving? How many plants? Whats your budget? A adjustable recycling timer would be nice or you could use a digital timer. the problem with digital timer is you can only go as low as 1 minute on time, whereas the recycling timer you could go to 15 seconds on time. I would just use a simple pump and a octabubbler with 3/16 id black tubing going to a dripper basket. Two drippers per pot mighty cover you better. Let me know I can help you out. Do you have a budget?

Back
Top Bottom