Black Cloud - Blue Mystic - Coco - 600W MH/HPS

7 weeks of flowering complete. I'm going to start flushing today for 1 to 2 weeks. I noticed that the top of the canopy has much better development of trichs. They are getting milky while a few feet below they are still clear. I was thinking, what if next week the colas are ready to go but everything below is behind a week. Could I just harvest the colas and keep flowering the rest until they are ready. I wouldn't worry about it if they were short but since they are up to 5 and 6 feet tall it might be worth it. The lower buds would also get prime light. Has anyone tried this?

7 weeks of flowering complete. I'm going to start flushing today for 1 to 2 weeks. I noticed that the top of the canopy has much better development of trichs. They are getting milky while a few feet below they are still clear. I was thinking, what if next week the colas are ready to go but everything below is behind a week. Could I just harvest the colas and keep flowering the rest until they are ready. I wouldn't worry about it if they were short but since they are up to 5 and 6 feet tall it might be worth it. The lower buds would also get prime light. Has anyone tried this?
I tried it on one of mine cloud. The other buds kept on growing good. Are you seeing any amber on the top bud?

It gets done quite often so go ahead and do that if you think they are ready.

I tried it on one of mine cloud. The other buds kept on growing good. Are you seeing any amber on the top bud?

That's right. A Gold, I forgot. How long did it take for the other buds to ripen? No Amber yet but they are pretty milky. Here are some pics a few days ago
IMG_20151219_164839458.jpg
IMG_20151219_164319890.jpg

8 weeks and 3 days of flowering and still not time for harvest. I pulled a few samples to check with the microscope and attached pic is typical. Mostly milky with 1 or 2 Amber trichs. I may have had a shitty PH meter give me false readings causing some lockout but I am back to the drops testing. I hope it doesn't go passed 9 weeks. This is taking forever!
IMG_20151226_192707183.jpg
IMG_20151224_190526776.jpg

Some great looking buds there. I like to harvest just as the trichs start turning amber. I find it gives a much more euphoric high then.

Looking good Cloud. From what ive seen the change to cloudy and amber will happen pretty fast when she is ready. Just dont harvest before she is ready. I harvested when i saw amber on the leaves, but i should have been looking at the buds which were still mostly a mix of clear/cloudy. I am still working on my patients lol. I just dont want you to make the same mistake. How are the pistils looking?

Thanks guys. I'm thinking 3 more days would be convenient for me but I will let the trichs decide. I am checking on leaves and the calyx. It's not easy but I'm so eager to find amber I am looking everywhere lol.the pistils are still stringy and there is not a whole lot of orange. The lower fan leaves have not completely yellowed so I still have more time

Congrats on the harvest bud. Hopefully it is a silver lining in the "Black Cloud". :thumb:

Silver lining indeed. I feel like Scrooge Mc Duck swimming in gold. I left home for 4 days and when I came back the buds were a little over dried. It is very arid where I live. The final weigh in was a little over 8 oz and the smoke is amazing. Tastes like blueberry and northern lights so good job Nirvana. I have been burping a few times a day and today I am cutting it down to once a day. I'm thinking about experimenting with orange peel and wet cotton ball taped to the lid.
IMG_20160109_122120680.jpg

Back
Top Bottom