1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

Let us know how those "early flowers" are!!

I've been chopping small branches / flowers off my plants for about 2 weeks now and have been very happy with the result... Can't bring myself to visit the dispensary and spend more money on flowers while I wait for harvest :)

I did the same thing.. and even though my harvest was all one strain would not revisit dispensary between harvests either ;)
Hard to spend on flowers with all the investment in growing stuff. But i long ago paid that back in savings now ;)

FE

Quick Update.

I did a res change yesterday on the veg tent. I had a serious problem with root rot in every bucket. It was gross. I do not know what happened to make it so bad in a week. I chopped all the roots off like brother Vlad has taught us to. I then gently washed the remaining bits. After that I punched what remaining roots were at the bottom of the nets like Sciguy suggest (I think he might be off his rocker, but I did not want to take any chances). Today they are looking in a word, FANFUCKINGTASTIC! Seriously, deep green great texture. I was blown away.

Now lets talk prunning. I took down 5 side branches in total on the PPP4. There are about 2 zips worth of bud. Hard to estimate at this point, but the eye test says 2 zips maybe a hair over. I took down the top 40% of the WW1. About 3 maybe 4 zips in it. Some nuggs wet weight was 10 grams and more. So we will see what they do after a few days in the drying tent. I still need to take a bit more of it. It still has 3 tops that need to come down. The rest of that plant was left alone to see if the baby nugs will do anything. I will update on them to be sure. I do plan on giving them at least a week to see if anything comes of it. I still have not touched WW2 but she needs to come down. I am just tired of trimming right now.

So I told everyone of my adventures in ISO hash. They were awesome. Today I tried it with butane. It is better. Seriously, it is a better solvent of THC and has a much lower evap temp than ISO, so you are done in like 20 minutes. To make a batch from start to finish is about 1 hour. And well concentrates will knock you for a loop. I need more trimmings :) I just need trimming fairies that hate smoking but love to trim up pretty nugs! :)

I need to get a res change done on my flower tent but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I will do a res dump and refill. That is all. I am hungry and need a sandwich :)

Bravo Bama. That root rot is a bitch. Any thoughts on what your next system might be or will you "dial in" the dwc and keep going with what you have ?

Vlad

Bravo Bama. That root rot is a bitch. Any thoughts on what your next system might be or will you "dial in" the dwc and keep going with what you have ?
Vlad

Thanks Vlad! And thank you for this question. It forces me to put down in writing a few things that I have been trying to decide. I will be going with this same system. The veg tent is mostly PPP and that is why I am being so patient with the current batch in flower I really want to see what they do late in flower and also to see how long they take. Right now they are very green and have almost all white pistils. The clear trichs are at like 90%. So I am sure that they have at least ten more days. The Tut is a little further along. It might be down to 6 days or so left in flower.

So once they are finished and I can move the veg tent over to the flower tent, there are some changes that I will make. First I am going to space out the buckets better. I am going to try to give each plant equal space by doing that. Second, I have already started this in veg, I am doing a lot more intensive HST training on the plants. They have all been topped once and tied open. I am going to keep tieing them down when they go into the flower tent and spread them out to about a meter. It is my goal to have an even canopy with this next run. I believe, and there are journals out there to prove this, that the even canopy in a large scrog set up, will give me a much higher yield. I do not think that my little popcorn buds will do anything but I am hoping that they will grow. By doing the next setup the way I plan, there will be no popcorn bud, only small to very large colas. Ideally I would not have the canopy more than 20 inches above the screen. If needed I will use two screens again in the next grow.

So I guess the short answer is yes I am going to "dial" in my current system. But I am also going to do several things differently to see what happens. As a fellow engineer, you know we can never just leave a working system alone. Everything can be made better with just some "minor changes" from us! :) I really liked growing this time once I got out of my panic phase in the beginning. It got boring a few times but it is also very interesting and now I have a bunch of different questions and ideas to try and get those answers.

Update 55 days of Flower.

Let me start by saying that I did not get the res change done today. I am just tired. I spent another round of cutting and trimming. This time taking the rest of the colas off of the WW and the top half of the plant. Then I took the top half of PPP4. I spent something like 5 hours trimming. So yeah I kinda just got burned out and left it for another day. I really will try to change it tomorrow.

On the brighter side, the veg tent is rocking. Plants are looking very nice. They will be ready to clone after I harvest the flower tent. They will then go into the flower tent for a week of recovery and training. After all that they will get flipped. Probably around the 15th or so.

On the brightest side, I am pretty sure that PPP4 was a one pound producer. I am going off of the eyeball test at the moment. It will be a few days before I can weigh it all. I ran out of room on my dry rack. WW1 is taking up 2 racks and PPP4 is taking up 2 only difference is PPP4 has almost no empty space! There is still the bottom half of both plants in the tent to see if they will do anything. It has only been a few days but I think the WW baby nugs are growing a little bit. I do not think that they will get very big but even just half a gram/nug on average would still give me a couple of zips. There are that many! Baby nugs will just be put into blunts and shared with people. I will feel like a boss at the upcoming Christmas party. :blunt:

I want to chop the WW2 but am waiting for the dry tent to clear some space out. I think I have another 2 or 3 days left before one of the racks is freed up. Now some may wonder why I am even concerned about the baby nugs. This is something that I was thinking today as I was doing the never-ending-trim-a-thon! The simple answer is I don't know. The better answer is, I want to see what I can get out of this grow so I have something solid to judge my next grow. As I said in my post the other day I am going to try a few different things in my next grow and I want to have a meaningful metric to judge by. (Remember also that I said that I was anal and OCD before as well:) ). That is about it. I am tired now and will def go to bed early tonight. :) Just have to go find my hash first. :)

Sorry I meant to post these pics in the last post. This is the wookie leg cola off of PPP4. I will include a pic from before and the two I took today after I cut it down. Each of the squares it is on top of is 5" squared. So that is to give some indication of scale. best I could do at the time.
2015-11-28_19_43_36.jpg
2015-11-29_17_23_15.jpg
2015-12-03_11_04_57.jpg
2015-12-03_11_05_12.jpg

Very nice! Getting fatter every day!

ROFL You been talking to my wife?!? lol That cola was chopped and trimmed up today so it is no longer growing but it was big. The funny thing is there are like 3 colas on PPP1 that look like they will eclipse that one. :)

Oh wow man, those colas are awesome! The plants are looking very healthy and happy. I'm interested in seeing how the baby buds turn out. I always chop the whole plant, but the lower buds are so small and fluffy that they aren't even worth trimming. Even if they grew a bit and thickened up, they would be worth trimming most of the time.

Congratz bro!!!! I knew all along you would get there.. Yup sure did .. Yup knew it (phew)
Sounds like you got a sweet yield WTG bro!
FE

Thanks FE! I mean it bro, having you as part of my journal and following along with yours has really helped me and inspired me. Thanks for you being you man. :)

Wow, Bramalabrat! That is an AMAZING cola! Really impressive -- congratulations!

Thanks glimmergrass! (By the way, I just recently saw the movie hunger games and one of the contestants was a girl named glimmer. I am not sure why that stuck with me, but you are not some secret homicidal cute chick are you?) :)

Oh wow man, those colas are awesome! The plants are looking very healthy and happy. I'm interested in seeing how the baby buds turn out. I always chop the whole plant, but the lower buds are so small and fluffy that they aren't even worth trimming. Even if they grew a bit and thickened up, they would be worth trimming most of the time.

JoJo thanks bro. I am also interested to see. I can say that after about 72 hours now in some spots the little ones appear to be growing a bit. Not much yet and maybe it is just me trying to be optimistic, but I think that it is helping. I will take pics today and post them. I only have to do a res dump and I can take pics during that process. It will be interesting to see if they do anything.

Damn Bam -- just awesomeness at its prime!!
+rep (if I can)
I'm happy for you dude!!
I can't wait for you to tell us how amazing that smoke is!
It's going to be a green xmas at the Bama household.

:) It sure will be. Thanks Cogreen. It should be pretty green at your place this season as well! You had some nice looking plants there. I have not smoked the actual bud yet but soon, very soon. :) On a side note, I do not think that the PPP4 was taken at its prime. There are still quite a few clear trichs on it. It just worried me with the brown/purple stem. I was worried that it got something and did not want to take a chance at losing the plant or infecting the rest of the system. I am sure it will be great smoke, but probably not as good as it could have been. The good news is that there are still 3 other PPP that are going as strong as you like so I should be able to get them to where I want them. :)

I should have mentioned the smell before guys. The smell is very strong as you can imagine. I have actually gone nose blind to it this week. But I did take note of how they smelled. The WW smells very skunky and ganj like. Kind of makes me think of the sterotype of MMJ smell. The PPP smells like lemons with a skunky undertone. Sometimes it smells just like lemons and sometimes it smells like a citrus of some type. I am not sure why it is changing from lemons to a undefinable citrus, but that just could be me growing nose blind. I have never in my life smelled bud that smelled like fruit like this. I am very interested to see what it tastes like. :) Also want to see if it lives up to it's name of "Puff Puff Passout"! :)

ok I took some picks while the res is draining. Here they are. The first couple of them are to show that the big colas are gone. There are still the WW2 but it did not grow much as the PPP4 just kind of took over it. I will chop her as soon as I have room in the drying tent. The next couple of pics are of the bottom half of the WW1 and PPP4. There is still a lot of plant of each. Just trying to see if the nugs get big enough to justify trimming them. The last few pics are of the other 3/4 of the tent. There is still a lot of growth going on with the PPP and Tuts. I am pretty excited to see what happens over there with another week left, maybe even a tad more. :) Hope you guys enjoy. :)
2015-12-04_09_42_28.jpg
2015-12-04_09_42_36.jpg
2015-12-04_09_42_45.jpg
2015-12-04_09_43_05.jpg
2015-12-04_09_43_21.jpg

Thanks glimmergrass! (By the way, I just recently saw the movie hunger games and one of the contestants was a girl named glimmer. I am not sure why that stuck with me, but you are not some secret homicidal cute chick are you?) :)

I'm super cute but only get homicidal if people try to talk to me before I've had my second cup of tea in the morning :)

The smells you describe sound wonderful. The PPP sounds really special. I don't think you're going nose blind, I think you're actually getting more nose acute :) Although I do know what you mean -- when my grow was flowering I wouldn't smell it until I came back into the house from being outside. WOW!

I've noticed that as the plant matures through flowering, the smells change. I have been tracking how much different plants smell through the cycle for stealth reasons, but it's given me an interesting sample of each plant. Each plan, even of the same strain is unique smelling. They seem to get really strong smelling mid-late flowering, and then kind of smooth out later in flowering- at least for me. Once they've been dried and cured, the smell is completely different! Mine don't smell anything like they did when they were living.

I love some of the smells that come from flowering plants, and I know I won't smell it again unless I keep growing them :)

Update day 56 in Flower,

Well I just checked my trichs on the remaining PPP and the Tuts. The good news is the Tuts have mostly cloudy with a bit of amber in them. They are ready. The weird news is the PPP are showing about 50/50 with some black. I know that black is not good. Black means the thc has broken down completely. I hope that what I saw was just an anomaly. I have decided to go ahead and start a flush and just plan on chopping the whole tent early next week. I would have liked to see the baby nugs get a shot at growing but I need to use the flower tent as a drying cab if I have to take everything down at once. Can't be helped. Soooo...they are on borrowed time now! :) Good news is, the PPP should be dry enough to sample for the conference championship game tomorrow! And yes, if you have not already been able to tell from my name, I am pulling hard for Alabama over Florida. When we win tomorrow, we should be a lock for the BCS championship again. :) So yeah a successful grow (and my first one to boot!) plus championship games, makes this labrat very happy!

I will probably not be posting any more updates until after the chop. I have to get a few ducks in a row and figure out a few logistical problems. Not bad problems to have for sure. But after the chop I will def post some pics and give an update. Plus I look forward to posting a smoke report on the WW and PPP. It will still be a week or more before I get to the Tut. I will def be thorough in my smoke analysis. You can expect me to sample as much as needed to get a very detailed report! :) So just something to look forward too! i want to keep my five star journal rating all the way to the finish! :)

Smoke report:

White Widow from Crop King Seeds-
Hits really smooth. Starts off a little slow in the front of the face/head. Tastes like...well skunk. Kind of like it smells. Not really the best tasting. But a very nice heady high. Has a creeper effect. The high moves to the back of the head and goes to the extremities (get a numb/tingle in you fingers and toes). Caused a lot of droppy eyes but not red eye. Def gave a body stone. For me it was a couch lock or rather a sit down and chill stone.

Puff Puff Pass-Out-
I did not pass out. One person did. They smoked a big bowl and was asleep 45 minutes later. This is couch lock for sure. Taste very similar to the smell. There is a funky lemony/sour citrus flavor with skunk undertones. The high is immediate and starts in the head. Travels through out the body and you slow the f@@@ down! :) Very nice evening smoke.

Funny enough, only had to smoke a little bit to write these reports. :) Was sharing the bounty with 3 other smokers and we all had the same experience with each one. This was done over the course of a day. In my opinion it was a fairly accurate test.

My overall thoughts about these strains-
I really enjoyed the WW. It is an easy to chill with smoke. Not super social but does work in social settings (probably really good for anxiety). The PPP is more of a stoner's smoke than a social smoke. You need a high tolerance or a blank calender to be able to enjoy it. It tastes pretty cool, very novel taste for me. Super chill.

I am chopping everything down Tuesday. I have them going into the dark period tonight and will chop early Tuesday morning and let them dry out a week. I will then give a smoke report on the Tuts. I really am looking forward to the Tuts. Both the WW and PPP are very good smokes. The highs lasted about 3-4 hours with each. The Tuts have such a high amount of THC, it will be interesting to see how intense or long or both the highs last with it. So there are a couple of more questions to be answered on this grow. Don't unsubscribe yet. The final numbers on yield and things like that are still coming. Overall this grow has given me a very good baseline to go off of for the next grow. It will def be very informative as to what differences training makes to yields and finishing practices make to quality. I will start a new journal after the final smoke report on the Tut.

Thanks to everyone that has been part of my grow. Lets finish strong and have a great week. :)

Back
Top Bottom