1st timer - Medicinal CCO is my goal

Heretoheal

Hello all, I've been lurking for several weeks reading and researching. I'm 30, male, US. I've never posted anything, on any site before, ever lol. I don't have social media and enjoy being outdoors and helping others. I regularly burn flower for its mellowing effects on my sometimes intense personality haha...that being said, my goal is to grow indoors (attic, non legal state), for the purposes of making medicinal concentrated cannabis oil for my family. Mainly my brother and father. My younger brother, whose life is controlled by constant battles with painful IBS, doesn't smoke or drink and lives a relatively healthy lifestyle. My father's brother had prostate cancer two years ago and had chemo and ultimately his prostate was removed. My father just had a Dr. visit and was told his numbers are climbing and it needs attention. That was when I decided to learn everything I could on how to make my own oil. I have decided to grow my own rather than use what I get locally for burning so that I can control which strain I use. I have finally decided to make a username so I may have a place to ask questions. I'm a smart guy that's pretty handy but it is indeed nearly overwhelming for a first time grower who wants to make quality medicine. Another factor is that my brother may not be receptive to using a cannabis derivative as he works at a church. My father is receptive, I haven't spoken with my brother yet. Neither my father nor brother would want to feel psychoactive effects, so I have been researching tacking the oil. First thing I need help with is choosing a strain. I really liked the characteristics of critical cure from barneys farm but it is mainly indica and I am just not informed enough on how this will affect them as they go about their day. (work, etc.) IIRC using the tacking method will eliminate any undesired effects as the oils pass the blood/brain barrier instead of being processed by the liver, so critical cure may still be a viable option. Anyhow, I will be making my own grow tent with visqueen (thin mil plastic), duct taped at the seams. Ventilation through the roof vent on gable end of house with carbon filter for odor. Please excuse me if I am writing too much for an introduction but I am not very internet/blog savvy. Any links or comments on comprehensive information concerning inexpensive grow room builds and grow procedures along with strain information would be greatly appreciated...if I don't respond right away it is bc I work construction an hour from home, so most of my time is non computer time lol.
So far I have found this place to be very welcoming and helpful, which is so refreshing.
Thanks in advance!
Love and positive vibrations

Good words friend !
I'm a noob myself and have nothing to offer on your initial question but I want be I be here to help. I also have a working knowledge of advanced pharmacology so medical uses of cannabis and the interaction with our mind, body, spirit as well as anti inflammatory and pain relief properties. It is an area of ficus for me. Absolutely Not a physician. But I'll confess I am a practitioner. Looking forward to trying to help any way I can. Good luck !

Thanks for the reply friend...we'll work through it together then! Any advice on a strain for Irritable Bowel syndrome? Since the people I want to make the oil for can't be sluggish fro, the effects I have been leaning toward a more saliva dominant strain. Thanks again

Okay this I have experience with, I have verily mild crohn's but terrible IBS. I haven't found relief from an attack when occurring. The pain is just too much. But my doctor and I are workingwith CBD low dose. We will increase dose until relief is reached. There are lots of options these days.
The apprehension abou cannabis for healing. I will stand by my beliefs that the medicinal properties of cannabis are in eating and going through the liver. If your not familiar with CBD let me know. It's a non psychedelic canabinoid that is gaining momentum. You should be in search of strains with high CBD and low THC

Loves vibes man. They are real :)

I have moderate to severe colitis, hemp protein powder is available where I am, that's where I started it gave me a wholesome 'full up' feeling that IBD suffers miss,
I then encapsulated some raw cannabis and tried that, then went on to vape cbd.
All very good for my stomach however ibs and IBD are very different, Crohns and Colitis are auto immune, the majority of the time there is nothing wrong with my stomach it's my immune system attacking it, I've been without a flare up for 2 years and 6 months all down to vaping bud,
Now I've started a grow so I can make some oil and and emergency supply of suppository's just in case, but for now I eat what I want when I want without fear of an upset stomach

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thankyou,

Heretoheal has your brother ever tried canna infused teas ? At worst he will have an early night

Loving positive vibes are real! I'm glad to hear that you are treating yourself effectively...I know cannabis is the answer for my brother, I will do my best to help him see that. I am slightly familiar with the properties of cbd and thc respectively, and the critical cure is more cbd than thc, but it's an indica and might make them sluggish. I am now thinking of a high cbd, mild thc sativa bc of said reasons. Thank you so much for you response and input about ingesting it orally. I will research that in regards to the IBS. Have you researched tacking? I first heard of it here. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for replying, everything you mentioned is what I have been wondering about. Suppositories, auto immune issues (high cbd strains) and vaping. My brother is not smoking inclined and I'm not sure if he'd even be receptive to vaping. I would like to hand him a vape with some potent medicine while he's having an attack and see if that changes his mind. Any suggestions on a strain that is sativa dominant and high in cbd with mild thc? Thanks for the canna tea suggestion, I will definitely research this and put it on my list of suggestions to him. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Sorry for delayed response, a raw cannabis infused tea would be a brilliant way to desensitise your brother to the plant without the high,
There are numerous benefits to ingesting raw plant, however the relaxation from the thc as a result of heating could be far more beneficial to your brother (in my opinion)
The hard bit I struggle with is the munchies
The day after I have binged on sugary, salty, crap I feel like poop.
So far my experience with teas have been a relaxing journey into a deep sleep
And a kush is the best way to see me off for the night :)

Hey Heretoheal. I'm a new member, too, although not new to making stuff with cannabis. I'm not a grow officianado, so I'm not the person to consult for how to best set up an indoor grow--mine is ongoing and always a challenge to me--but making an extract or infusion is relatively straightforward. People do it differently--decarb before or after, blah blah, and they probably mostly all work, but the process is simple enough, really. You should maybe have an idea between CBD and THC and their ratios. If they don't want much of a psychoactive effect, then Critical Cure is going to be a little tricky, because it's still got quite a bit of thc. It's going to give them a buzz. Strains of CBD you might look at would be: Remedy, ACDC, Lifter, or Charlotte's Web. They've got such small amounts of thc (still needed, tho!) that they won't get that buzzy feeling. I have to say that I wouldn't lean toward a sativa for people who are resistant. Indica can make you sleepy, yes, but some people are sensitive to sativa (raises hand) and they can make me anxious. Give me trainwreck and I am a train wreck. Honestly, I'd do an infused/extracted edible in something that would be palatable. The oil can be a little intimidating to take, or it was for my father. You just need something combined with a fat that will bind it, although you can always use an emulsifier, too, if you'd like. You could infuse butter and put it in hot chocolate, since chocolate has properties that combine well with cannabis and aid absorption, or even cream for coffee. I know it can seem overwhelming, but once you have some pot to put into the pot, as it were, I'm sure there'd be people here who would be happy to tell you how to make a basic oil and brainstorm with you how to make it work for them. I'd be happy to do so. I also feel for you around introducing the idea to family members. I've done so with my own dad, and he was pretty resistant, but I did win him over in the end. No guarantees, but keep at it. Cheers. -S

Hey Heretoheal. I'm a new member, too, although not new to making stuff with cannabis. I'm not a grow officianado, so I'm not the person to consult for how to best set up an indoor grow--mine is ongoing and always a challenge to me--but making an extract or infusion is relatively straightforward. People do it differently--decarb before or after, blah blah, and they probably mostly all work, but the process is simple enough, really. You should maybe have an idea between CBD and THC and their ratios. If they don't want much of a psychoactive effect, then Critical Cure is going to be a little tricky, because it's still got quite a bit of thc. It's going to give them a buzz. Strains of CBD you might look at would be: Remedy, ACDC, Lifter, or Charlotte's Web. They've got such small amounts of thc (still needed, tho!) that they won't get that buzzy feeling. I have to say that I wouldn't lean toward a sativa for people who are resistant. Indica can make you sleepy, yes, but some people are sensitive to sativa (raises hand) and they can make me anxious. Give me trainwreck and I am a train wreck. Honestly, I'd do an infused/extracted edible in something that would be palatable. The oil can be a little intimidating to take, or it was for my father. You just need something combined with a fat that will bind it, although you can always use an emulsifier, too, if you'd like. You could infuse butter and put it in hot chocolate, since chocolate has properties that combine well with cannabis and aid absorption, or even cream for coffee. I know it can seem overwhelming, but once you have some pot to put into the pot, as it were, I'm sure there'd be people here who would be happy to tell you how to make a basic oil and brainstorm with you how to make it work for them. I'd be happy to do so. I also feel for you around introducing the idea to family members. I've done so with my own dad, and he was pretty resistant, but I did win him over in the end. No guarantees, but keep at it. Cheers. -S
Good morning @Semiosis hope you are well today my friend.
Just a little tip top left corner of post has the date.
That member was only here for a week in 2017 and is long gone.
Try current posts if you want to start a conversation with someone. :Namaste:
Just trying to be helpful not giving you grief Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

i infuse oils for both cbd and thc pills to help with diverticulitis in part. there's a couple other things going on as well.

making smoothies with fresh raw fan leaves has piles of benefit too. those are the the only two things i do aside from a standard fibre supplement.

for those that wander in.

Back
Top Bottom