2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

Oh, snap! Abilene and Danae have preflowers!
2015-12-05_20_05_47.jpg
2015-12-05_20_45_35.jpg
2015-12-05_20_46_12.jpg

Must have been my male presence. My night with edna made the others jealous and turned on.:laugh::circle-of-love:
Yousa welcome;) now you just have to hurry n make room

BWA HA HA HA HA what would I ever do without you!

:circle-of-love:

Must have been my male presence. My night with edna made the others jealous and turned on.:laugh::circle-of-love:
Yousa welcome;) now you just have to hurry n make room

Good god DW, is nobody safe ?, ya dirty bugger.... Get where ya coming from tho....

Starting to feel like " Randy from southpark" in " medicinal fried chicken" episode. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::rofl:

Hi growchick... Ya ladies are getting bigger... :high-five:

Nice bit of DIY too....

Hope the fresh nutes gets em shooting up for you very soon

:Namaste:

Thank you so much! I'm thinking they might start to do the growing thing now, yeah.

All caught up and subbed in, interesting grow. I am interested in auto, i use ebb and flow.

Glad to have you around!

Here's what a difference a week makes:

I mixed a little more nutrient solution and added it to the system this morning. I like it to have about 6 gallons in it, and it looked about a gallon low. They are responding to the higher PPM - the tiniest bits of their tips are just showing some white, which is what I want to see - a very subtle reaction to the increase in foods. I don't want to burn them or stress them out when I raise the nutes. Now, I know between 800-900 PPM is right for them at the grow phase nutes (that's the 3 : 2 : 1 GH schedule + CaMg + Hydroguard + Rapidroot) I will phase out the Rapidroot at the next water change)

My goal for the end of this grow is to have my GH nute schedule down pat like A-trains feed for soil plants is. I want to be where I'm not thinking about it but just doing it. I've got it sorted out through growth, so this set of plants will hopefully get it sorted out through bloom.

Anyhow, a little metaphor this morning *wink wink*

Like most ladies, when you show them the proper care and attention they respond subtly and seem to glow - take a look at the sheen on these leaves - oh my!

Now, if you stress them out, they'll show it, but they're not going to be too obvious about it. You'll see little hints, here and there, like the faintest of white spots heating up their tips (or that "nothing" or "fine" answer) and you'll know, if you're smart, to back off and hold right there.

But if you're not paying attention and you're not listening, they'll be forced to complain more and more and might even withdraw and stop taking care of themselves and let themselves go

So, moral of the story, pay attention to the ladies, spoil them, take care of them and listen when they ask for nurturing and attention, and back off when they need to reflect and heal their wounds, and they will reward you.

"My goal for the end of this grow is to have my GH nute schedule down pat like A-trains feed for soil plants is. I want to be where I'm not thinking about it but just doing it. I've got it sorted out through growth, so this set of plants will hopefully get it sorted out through bloom.
"
Have you considered the floranova series its a one part solution

"My goal for the end of this grow is to have my GH nute schedule down pat like A-trains feed for soil plants is. I want to be where I'm not thinking about it but just doing it. I've got it sorted out through growth, so this set of plants will hopefully get it sorted out through bloom.
"
Have you considered the floranova series its a one part solution

LOL nope. I have never considered any other nutrients, tbh. I've been using GH since the '80s. I'm sure there are lots of other really good ones out there - I just haven't thought about it all. One day, when everything else is consistent, like when I got the watering and lighting down always the same from grow to grow, then maybe I'll think about trying another line.

I'm not sure I'd like a one part solution, though. Some of the nutrients don't suspend well with others, typically, although I'm sure they've thought a way through that.

Its GH i was using the flora series and couldnt quite get it dialed in properly so i found the new one part from GH called floranova they have a separate bloom and grow. I couldnt be happier

Its GH i was using the flora series and couldnt quite get it dialed in properly so i found the new one part from GH called floranova they have a separate bloom and grow. I couldnt be happier

Ah, that's cool. I'll read up on it, at any rate. I had trouble getting the flora series 3 part stuff settled right until I got proper measuring things. Then, it was ok for me, and now it's been so long it's just easy to use for me.

LOL just reading your journal a bit - we use the same nutes we're just calling it different names!

Ah, that's cool. I'll read up on it, at any rate. I had trouble getting the flora series 3 part stuff settled right until I got proper measuring things. Then, it was ok for me, and now it's been so long it's just easy to use for me.

LOL just reading your journal a bit - we use the same nutes we're just calling it different names!
well i started with the 3 part flora series and as i said i thought i had a problem and switched to one part to eliminate the issues which were ph issues not nutes but live and learn ;-) worked out for the best

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: FloraNova

Oh, right on. I see now. So they combined gro and micro, basically and left bloom still on its own - which makes sense because those nutrients don't sit in solution well with the micro ones.

New humidifier showed up just now. Hopefully, I can get up out of the 30s RH now and closer to 55ish.

I can never get my RH that high during veg, maybe in flower that I'll have more plant life in the grow room. Maybe talk about why it is important to maintain a 55-ish RH level?

the reason you want between 40-60 is because that allows the smoothest uptake of water and nutrients, if its too humid it wont perspire if its too dry it will be harder to take up salty nutes but if you are using half strength nutes like i do then low humidity is fine because the solution is not as salty
I dont even look at the humidity in my veg tent just my flower tent

For seedlings and clones, 80-95% RH is great for the first week. After they have roots, and for vegetation you want it between 55-65% ideally. And in flowering you want it between 51 and 58% for maximum bud production, ideally. I run both in the same large room, so I shoot for 55% and split the difference. Long time ago we used to think humidity needed to be down to 35-45 for flowering, but that was based on grows that tended to mold, I think. The plants seem to prefer the higher humidity. Not enough humidity in the environment will cause your plants to appear underwatered and wilty. That's the best gauge of all - the plants. Lower humidity impacts the plant's ability to intake and transport water properly.

In small tents, you probably need a dehumidifier because the plants transpire a lot and can create a jungle humidity in a small space. In my garden, I'm in a 10 by 10 by 6.5 room. The few plants in that large space do not transpire enough to combat all the fans - it's very low humidity without assistance (hovers around 30% RH).

There's been a name change! Instead of doing a new journal for each set of plants, I figured this would be easier if I admitted it's a perpetual grow. :D

So, Welcome to my basement, guys! This year (2016) we are growing blue mystic, blue amnesia, and narco purps, so it's definitely the basement blues.

After I grow out my remaining seeds, I hope to be converting back to photo plants, but that's at least a year away.

Back
Top Bottom