2016 - Perpetual Basement Blues In RDWC - 1000W HPS - Autoflowering Blue Strains

For seedlings and clones, 80-95% RH is great for the first week. After they have roots, and for vegetation you want it between 55-65% ideally. And in flowering you want it between 51 and 58% for maximum bud production, ideally. I run both in the same large room, so I shoot for 55% and split the difference. Long time ago we used to think humidity needed to be down to 35-45 for flowering, but that was based on grows that tended to mold, I think. The plants seem to prefer the higher humidity. Not enough humidity in the environment will cause your plants to appear underwatered and wilty. That's the best gauge of all - the plants. Lower humidity impacts the plant's ability to intake and transport water properly.

In small tents, you probably need a dehumidifier because the plants transpire a lot and can create a jungle humidity in a small space. In my garden, I'm in a 10 by 10 by 6.5 room. The few plants in that large space do not transpire enough to combat all the fans - it's very low humidity without assistance (hovers around 30% RH).

Atrain shared this on my thread tonight. Your conversation about humidity levels and transpiration brought it to mind. Enjoy. Thank Atrain next time you see him. He likes knowing we pay attention. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Looking great. That's lil ones look pretty cool in there.
Glad you're going to try LST. Makes a big difference.
All LST'd. They're not mine.

IMG_20150418_124859049_HDR.jpg

Well, here we go again. SMDH

I've just ordered buckets and parts to build just one more 6 cell R-DWC system so now, I will have seedlings in the little bucket for 4-6 weeks, move them to the middle system for 4-6 weeks, and then move them to the original system for 4-6 weeks so I can be harvesting something every month. I probably also need another light now, too. We'll see.

:rofl:

Also, for those of you who are watching for the DIY stuff - I also ordered some things to make myself a mechanical dry ice hash machine. You're gonna love this (if it actually works)!!

It's a busy place in your basement, growchick :)

I'm using the GH three part nutes in coco and they're doing the trick, no problem. I would like to move to a more organic grow in the future, just because I love the way organically-grown bud tastes, but I want to get at least one more grow out of these until I junk them or give them away.

I can't wait for legalization, because then I could more easily offer to give them away to another grower who's trying to get set up on the cheap. It would be really nice to help someone else get started ... I just hate waste.

Off to research mechanical dry ice hash machines! Have a great day!

It's a busy place in your basement, growchick :)

I'm using the GH three part nutes in coco and they're doing the trick, no problem. I would like to move to a more organic grow in the future, just because I love the way organically-grown bud tastes, but I want to get at least one more grow out of these until I junk them or give them away.

I can't wait for legalization, because then I could more easily offer to give them away to another grower who's trying to get set up on the cheap. It would be really nice to help someone else get started ... I just hate waste.

Off to research mechanical dry ice hash machines! Have a great day!

Seriously! I hate that I can't share stuff because of legality. It's so stupid.

Last night, for no reason at all, I thought to plop my pH pen in the setting solution - it was way off. I got it calibrated. No wonder my pH hasn't been behaving lately!

There is a disheartening coppery look to the older leaves from when the pH was so off last week. New growth looks perfectly healthy, though. Picture later - I have to do the going to work thing today.

B&E now have preflowers also, but no pistils showing yet. D and F are holding out on me. PPM holding steady at 820 and pH was 6.28 so I gave another .5mL pH Down. They are starting to get a little crowded now. I'll have the new 6 cell system built on the 15th or 16th - just waiting on buckets now.

2015-12-08_17_50_32.jpg

Most of the parts for the mechanical dry ice hash extraction machine have arrived. I can't wait to pick something so I can see it work (or not)! I got a thing gun nuts use to clean their brass with - a jiggler machine, home depot bucket (bc it's a DIY project and you have to use at least one), some screens (25 micron, 75 micron, 100 micron, and 200 micron) that are made for straining oil into a - you guessed it - 5 gallon home depot bucket - and the 220 micron bubble hash bag (which by the way has been used once with dry ice and the inner waterproofing lining is peeling off), and some bungee cords. I think you can see where this is going >.> Pictures to come on next harvest day. If this works, I should totally sell these things ROFLMAO.

The explosive growth phase has begun! The tallest are just over 8.5". I still see preflowers on only 4 of them.

I really need the buckets from the orange store to get here, so I can make them a big girl garden to go into.

The tallest is 10.5" today - that's 2" growth while I was at work.

Buckets just arrived! Going to construct the new garden after dinner and get these gals some room to breathe.

Ohhhhh boy!

Hold on to them britches! ...or hmmm. You better install handrails so you have something to hold on to!

2Inches during work...!

I see what you did there! hahah

Wow! That's wild! Here you go!

It's really crazy when these autos take off, they really take off!

OK so I got the new garden built. I took some pictures for the DIY curious.

Start with 6 buckets and put a 3/4" hole in the bottom and a 1/4" hole in the top. Put rubber grommet and straight barbed connector in the bottom holes. The top hole is for air line.

Make a manifold from little bits of 1/2" ID tube and t connectors. I put a smaller hose on the end this time instead of capping it off because I want water to flow in to the res faster than it leaves it. Rubber grommet and straight barbed connector in the 12 holes in the large reservoir bucket.

Add water pump, connected to manifold. Add air pump.

I transplanted the 6 blue mystic from the little nursery garden into 6 inch net pots. The roots were so big!

Happy in their new homes.

Wow, you did this? This is amazing. Can I share this with my sig? We were just talking about these on my journal. I'm glad I came across this. Thanks, +reps for my handy friend.

I like how uniform and clean it is. Are autos best for the bucket setup? I could do 4 under my 400w HPS, plenty of space for the rez, and the air flow is fantastic. Sounds like my next perpetual, huh, huh?

Wow, you did this? This is amazing. Can I share this with my sig? We were just talking about these on my journal. I'm glad I came across this. Thanks, +reps for my handy friend.

By all means, share away! Thanks so much!!
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom