2020 Outdoor Organic Grow Central Canada

I had to go back and see what you had for pots and soils, looks like fabric and peat based.

I‘ve never had issues with too much rain, but I plant in the ground rather than pots outside, other than the MC girls this year. But I have had problems with too much water indoors with fabric pots and peat based soil, someone got side tracked and forgot to turn the watering system off :rolleyes: and flooded the entire grow (18 plants) I had to raise the pots up on crates so they could drain before I was able to correct the issue.

It might pay to put the pots on something so they have air under the pot as well and water can drain away better:)

pay to put the pots on something so they have air under the pot as well and water can drain away better

Thanks Celt, I was thinking that also, when I tried to move one there were tons of roots that have gone through the bottom of the fabric pots( first time using fabric). So I didn't want to disturb the others, I wonder it that started it the yellowing, because it was that plant that I tried to move, and hear lots of roots ripping out (silent screams of the ladies :(.

Also now, the 45 gallon pots are incredibly heavy, short of a bob cat to move them, they will no be going very far :).

But saying that I will use that advice for next season, I'm thinking a nice layer of gravel/stone/river rock under the pots for next year. Maybe a 4 inch layer and some cider to keep in place. Ummm, you got me thinking now :rofl:.
Also next years pots will be 60 gallons so that might be a very good idea to lift them up some.

:rofl: my 14 and 20 gallon MC girls are staying where they are, I would need the tractor and some good support to move them now lol the 5 gallon girls are semi permanent now, been windy here for days, typical this time of year here, and they kept blowing over. Yesterday they had steel rod drove in the ground and hooked to the buckets so they couldn’t fall over any more :rofl:

esterday they had steel rod drove in the ground and hooked to the buckets

When I use to live/grow in Cape Breton on 110 acres, I had to secure all my buckets always, home made rebar tent pegs with stainless steel stranded wire. The prevailing winds were ridicules, but it sure made for huge stocks!!

One of the reason I went to large fabric was to not have to worry if the ladies have been knock down or not. Some years I have chased them around my yard (in Ontario 3acres), no really the wind would blow them all over the place, usually with little damage, but probably a lot of stress though..

:passitleft: :rollit:

What part of Cape Breton? I spent 6 months in Longpoint and loved it up there

Closest town was Cheticamp, I was in the middle of the Cape Breton Highlands, beautiful place, if you are ready to retire. LOl or just grow weed.

IMG_20200828_151852.jpg

IMG_20200828_152454.jpg
IMG_20200828_153033.jpg

IMG_20200828_154136.jpg

She coming down, rain for weekend. There's no rott, so take what i get.

IMG_20200828_154211.jpg

Will post after shots and bud washing.

For this random auto, I will use @The Celt way with first bucket with lemon, second with BS :rofl: {baking soda}. And H2O2 in third and Maybe two clean washes, warm and cold {on the fly choice}?? Very sceptical about ice water, so it'll be cold tap water. Mind you I have a 180 foot well, so let me tell you it's freaking cold.

Keep your head down out there,
:rollit::headbanger:

see your a scotch drinker.
Hahah, never use to be (drank what is in front of me) but now that we are older and our palate has matured.. also life is to short to drink crap.

I've been on these signal malts for a few years, but never bought my own bottles. Pandemic and what nots...

Back
Top Bottom