Dynomyco We Want You - Side By Side Comparison Grow: Zkittlez Auto By Lisa2265

Ok we’ll that’s great to know. Now how do I get this to not happen again and still use Dynomyco?

Hard question to answer without knowing exactly everything about the grow in a concise format.

Assuming there aren't pH issues, the plant with the myco got nute burned because it can uptake more nutes than the plant without myco. A plant that has more nutes needs more photosynthesis to use the extra nutes or the leaves will burn. So you need more light or less nutes with the myco plant. Assuming you are growing in dirt, watering less often and feeding less supplemental nutes would have avoided leaf burns if supplying more light is not possible.

I avoid growing in soil because it is somewhat unpredictable. A lot of biological processes need to occur for a flawless grow. This is one of the reasons why I only grow with peat, perlite and salt nutes. It takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation because I know exactly what the plant is eating.

Ph running anywhere between 6.2-6.5. And really mostly 6.2.
That is really an interesting concept. I am going to be doing some reading on that combination. What nutes are you using and how often are you using them? I’d be interested in knowing. Thanks for taking the time to help. It’s all a leaning process so I’m cool with opinions and observations as long as they’re in a constructive way. Somethings it’s not like that…
I appreciate everyone’s input. It helped me from feeling like a giant loser.
So I would be interested in hearing more about how you set your self up for a great grow.

Much love. Happy growing

I'm so sorry Lisa.
Poor duck, not your fault lt, this heat wave has gotten to everyone.
Are you going to try again when it cools a bit?
Hope your well today.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill,
I have about 6 plants outside right now so once this weather breaks and we go into fall, yes… I am going to finish up what’s outside, clean down the tents and start over . That’s really all I can do. I will do another side by side run using dyno. I’m just so curious about the product. I will say that the plants that I have used it on that are in flower now, have awesome root structures. And of all the plants prior to that, the roots were not what I thought they should be for growing such large plants. So maybe I have to figure out what I’m doing wrong that I’m not getting that root system the way I want it. Maybe I’m not giving them enough time in the solo cup, maybe I should just be putting them in their final pot from the get go and no transplant. I remember my first grow I did that and had nute burn from using ocean forest right out of the gate. So there are a few things I am going to work on but any advice would be welcome.
Thanks for looking out.
Much love and happy growing.

Thanks Bill,
I have about 6 plants outside right now so once this weather breaks and we go into fall, yes… I am going to finish up what’s outside, clean down the tents and start over . That’s really all I can do. I will do another side by side run using dyno. I’m just so curious about the product. I will say that the plants that I have used it on that are in flower now, have awesome root structures. And of all the plants prior to that, the roots were not what I thought they should be for growing such large plants. So maybe I have to figure out what I’m doing wrong that I’m not getting that root system the way I want it. Maybe I’m not giving them enough time in the solo cup, maybe I should just be putting them in their final pot from the get go and no transplant. I remember my first grow I did that and had nute burn from using ocean forest right out of the gate. So there are a few things I am going to work on but any advice would be welcome.
Thanks for looking out.
Much love and happy growing.
I prefer to have my rootball formed before I flip.
They do still grow I just find you get better results with a good root structure.
I use what has been dubbed the Bill284 Method.
I layer perlite for consistent air flow around roots.
I also use Bokashi & Frass to feed and care for my roots.
I use uppotting to bind and build roots for better structure as well.
I show it in my Heavens Shores thread.
Have a look, I can walk you through it if you need a hand.
I always say I grow roots and for my effort I get a nice plant as a reward.
Roots are key to it all.
Let me know if I can help.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Ph running anywhere between 6.2-6.5. And really mostly 6.2.
That is really an interesting concept. I am going to be doing some reading on that combination. What nutes are you using and how often are you using them? I’d be interested in knowing. Thanks for taking the time to help. It’s all a leaning process so I’m cool with opinions and observations as long as they’re in a constructive way. Somethings it’s not like that…
I appreciate everyone’s input. It helped me from feeling like a giant loser.
So I would be interested in hearing more about how you set your self up for a great grow.

Much love. Happy growing

Your pH was fine. So it's not nute lockout due to a pH problem. It's what I suggested previously.

I use peat, perlite and salt nutes because it's the easiest way to grow if you aren't opposed to using a pH meter and ppm/EC meter. This is what I use:

Equal parts Jacks 5/12/26 and calcium nitrate mixed to the appropriate PPM for each stage. This is the primary nutrient mix. You can use that combo all by itself for the entire grow and get a really good result. However, there are some extras that complement the base nutes well.

TPS Gold Silica
Fulvic acid
Kelp extract
Chitosan

Peat isn't loaded with nutes like soil. So feed with nutes with every watering except for the first few days of seedling. Water 15 times a month with 25% runoff. pH at 5.5-6.0. Flush the media if the runoff gets above 2000ppm. You can get a good result with peat on the first try. It's similar to coco, but doesn't need to be watered as often.

I wrote a website about growing weed with peat because there aren't many sites that provide good info about it. But I deleted the site because I lost interest in maintaining it. It was interesting to see which countries were visiting my site. It was unexpectedly popular in Greece for a while!

There are two kinds of peat that are commonly available in North American hydro stores. Promix HP and Sunshine #4. I use SS#4 because it is a lot cheaper than Promix. It's buggy tho. I nuke the bugs with peroxide or steam before planting. Promix is supposedly less buggy and often not buggy at all.

That’s good to know. I may try it next set of seeds. It’s an interesting concept. And watering 15 times a month is about every 2 days which is about how often I water on a regular basis. The only time that changes is when they get close to being done, they just don’t drink a lot . I can go 3-4 days between watering.
Thank you for the information. I will absolutely be checking this out.

I prefer to have my rootball formed before I flip.
They do still grow I just find you get better results with a good root structure.
I use what has been dubbed the Bill284 Method.
I layer perlite for consistent air flow around roots.
I also use Bokashi & Frass to feed and care for my roots.
I use uppotting to bind and build roots for better structure as well.
I show it in my Heavens Shores thread.
Have a look, I can walk you through it if you need a hand.
I always say I grow roots and for my effort I get a nice plant as a reward.
Roots are key to it all.
Let me know if I can help.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Oh absolutely! I’m going to have a read tonight and pick your brain when I’m done.!

This is the official end to the Dynomyco contest grow! What I learned out of it was that I can not grow indoors in the summer.
I will try again my next round. It’ll be a fall/winter run.
Hopefully my plants fare better.
Thank you all for following along. Sorry it wasn’t a success story. Next time for sure!

Back
Top Bottom