Dynomyco We Want You: Side-by-Side Comparative Grow By BakedARea

I don't like spraying plants I ingest or smoke. I know BT is OMRI certified, and have used it on plants in growing phase, tomatoes I rinse off, but not buds. The label on my BT warns about skin contact and inhaling the product. I may keep lots of cabbage moth traps around, use more predator insects, beneficial nematodes, plant more lavender, etc.

I don't like spraying plants I ingest or smoke. I know BT is OMRI certified, and have used it on plants in growing phase, tomatoes I rinse off, but not buds. The label on my BT warns about skin contact and inhaling the product. I may keep lots of cabbage moth traps around, use more predator insects, beneficial nematodes, plant more lavender, etc.
Hi Mike, if you put moth traps out, consider that they may be attracting them?

Do you eat those tomatoes you wash? Or tomato plants don't absorb BT but cannabis does?

I'm not saying you have to use it but it's hard to argue it's absorbed by one plant and not another.
The tomato has a smooth skin which is easily rinsed. The bud of a cannabis plant is like a sponge. How much BT, spinosad, pyrethrin, etc. Is being absorbed in that bud even after the bud is washed in water/baking soda/ lemon juice, etc. ? I think it is a question that requires research if there is none. A bud analysis from a lab testing the same buds treated with pesticides before and after a washing could provide an answer.

The tomato has a smooth skin which is easily rinsed. The bud of a cannabis plant is like a sponge. How much BT, spinosad, pyrethrin, etc. Is being absorbed in that bud even after the bud is washed in water/baking soda/ lemon juice, etc. ? I think it is a question that requires research if there is none. A bud analysis from a lab testing the same buds treated with pesticides before and after a washing could provide an answer.
BT is a strain of bacteria, and is harmless to humans.
Bacillus thuringiensis.
Can spinosad or pyrethrins can be absorbed by the buds in the first place?

Pyrethrin is a banned substance for cannabis in many legal states. Don't use that on your plants.

Spinosad breaks down in sunlight:

And when you spray your tomato plants, the BT gets on the leaves. If you believe it's absorbed by the plant then it's taken up by the leaves and spread throughout the plant and into the tomatoes as well.

If you grow outside and don't wash your harvest you should try it sometime. You might be surprised at what's in the bucket when you're done. You've been burning and inhaling or eating that stuff all along.

Nothing wrong with not using any pesticides on your plants and going with predators though.

Ive
Pyrethrin is a banned substance for cannabis in many legal states. Don't use that on your plants.

Spinosad breaks down in sunlight:

And when you spray your tomato plants, the BT gets on the leaves. If you believe it's absorbed by the plant then it's taken up by the leaves and spread throughout the plant and into the tomatoes as well.

If you grow outside and don't wash your harvest you should try it sometime. You might be surprised at what's in the bucket when you're done. You've been burning and inhaling or eating that stuff all along.

Nothing wrong with not using any pesticides on your plants and going with predators though.
I've only ever used neem or BT on plants. Spinosad was a preventative for mites in poultry housing. Elanco was the company who first marketed it to the poultry industry if I remember right. I will read more about it's use with crops. In ten years this is the first I have had to use BT or Neem. On with the thread. I don't mean to interrupt the flow 🙂

Not much else happening here! Baked hasn't posted since August. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Here's my Buckets after only washing 6. All I used was bt and they are all outdoor. We've never washed before but I'll always do it now.

20221022_160705.jpg

Post a few pics if you have them! I don't think Baked would mind lovely harvest pics of an outside grow. :)
These are the last pics I have before the drought and cut. Dad had a mental episode a few weeks ago and I had to focus on so many things. The girls and y'all were the best outlet for my stress. Only a couple spots of rot, but no mildew or pest problems. Better pics once I cure

20220927_180103.jpg

20220926_173243.jpg

20220922_181232.jpg

20220922_181215.jpg

20220922_181152.jpg

20220922_181136.jpg

20221022_160631.jpg

20221022_160626.jpg

These are the last pics I have before the drought and cut. Dad had a mental episode a few weeks ago and I had to focus on so many things. The girls and y'all were the best outlet for my stress. Only a couple spots of rot, but no mildew or pest problems. Better pics once I cure
Beautiful set of plants LOM, and it sounds like a pretty smooth grow for that many outside. :welldone:

I hope your dad is doing better these days. :peace:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom