Purple Kush, Regular/Photo - DynoMyco We Want You - Side-By-Side Comparative Grow

Today, we get a little closer to harvest. We are at day 26 of bloom. Based on the average run time of this variety, we are somewhere very near the half way point. These buds are already very hard and dense, and the most purple one is already very sticky. This is going to be some amazing pot.

We are about 3 days from the official feeding date, and Terpinator seems to have filled in the gap. The yellowing seems to have reversed itself and the plants continue to aggressively pray to the light and suck up water.

Zoom in on some of these bud shots to see the trichomes

hi appeal buds.JPG
dense trichomes forming.JPG
good trichome coverage.JPG
the least purple get more purple.JPG
much purple up near the light.JPG
amazing purple leaves.JPG
huge bag appeal.JPG
beautiful colors coming out.JPG
purple and sticky.JPG

Today, we get a little closer to harvest. We are at day 26 of bloom. Based on the average run time of this variety, we are somewhere very near the half way point. These buds are already very hard and dense, and the most purple one is already very sticky. This is going to be some amazing pot.

We are about 3 days from the official feeding date, and Terpinator seems to have filled in the gap. The yellowing seems to have reversed itself and the plants continue to aggressively pray to the light and suck up water.

Zoom in on some of these bud shots to see the trichomes

hi appeal buds.JPG
dense trichomes forming.JPG
good trichome coverage.JPG
the least purple get more purple.JPG
much purple up near the light.JPG
amazing purple leaves.JPG
huge bag appeal.JPG
beautiful colors coming out.JPG
purple and sticky.JPG

DAYUM!!!! Thems some darned purdy gals you got there, Ma'am!

Tonight, something different. Something actually totally different. The 3 Purple Kush have been moved to a smaller room, but under the same NextLight MEGA. They fit in this room a lot better and now are better utilizing the energy coming out of this light in this very reflective room. This room is also the exhaust for all of the grow rooms up here in the attic, so all the heat also comes here. The plants are happily warm and enjoy a great air exchange rate.

I didn't get time to get daylight shots of the girls today, but I did sit in the dark with them for a bit evaluating light leaks, and I took some flash shot of the girls trying to go to sleep. They don't have their red light, so its taking a little longer tonight than usual and it will be a couple of hours yet before they relax their leaves.

tallest.JPG
darkest.JPG
shortest.JPG

Today was feeding day, and I gave them a little extra @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. In these 5 gallon buckets, with maybe 4 gallons of soil, I gave them a 7 gallon dose. And, I added Terpinator on top of that. They all got 2 watering pitchers from the top, and 4 watering pitchers down below.

All of the girls are showing beautiful purple colors now, and here at day 30 of bloom, they are really starting to bulk up. They smell wonderful and really are starting to throw out a lot of fragrance. They have settled right into the new room, and the NextLight MEGA has been angled so as to get all of the plants within about a foot of the big light. I measured 82k LUX at the top of one of the plants and almost 90k on another. They are definitely getting enough light and all three of these big plants are able to be under the 5x5 footprint, and with the reflectivity in this room, there are no bad spots to be sitting in.

purple kush day 30 of bloom.JPG

That tears it - I'm only buying the COLORFUL seeds, any more.. !!! Those things look AMAZINGLY tasty!!!!
Maybe I'm biased (for no empirical reason) but the colorful buds just are more attractive..
They smell really good too. Today we are at the 5 week point. These are 7-8 week plants, so we should be starting to wrap up now and the buds should all start to swell quite a bit before the end.

Please note the distinct difference between the 2 plants that had the @DYNOMYCO and the greener and shorter and generally less impressive, and certainly less purple plant that did not get DynoMyco.

the runt, without dynomyco.JPG

I also note how strong the stalks are in these SIP watered plants. They are moving a ton of water, and this has resulted in stalks and branches that can easily hold up the weight while sending the leaves into a praying frenzy.

The entire purple room.JPG
day 35 pk.JPG

These girls look like they are finishing up fast. I can already see dark trichomes (not amber, but purple) starting to approach the top, and I am seeing about 1 or 2% on the sun leaves right below the top calyxes. There are still a few white pistils mixed in with the mostly red ones still pointing outward, and I expect most of those to turn red and pull back into the buds before the end. Today is day 37 of Bloom and day 44 since the flip. I have seen reports of this variety being done in 49 days... but were they counting from the flip or the actual start of Bloom? I am clueless and extremely impressed with these plants, but I am not thinking of pulling just yet.

next to harvest.JPG

WOW; Is all I can muster, a mere mewl, of what should actually be conveyed!

I haven't been around too often (Sorry, life has gotten me quite busy as of late, and now they just Zipper doored (Condemned) my Kitchen, Bathroom, and Laundry room, due to a pipe leak underneath the house, and a root growing in the pipe..), but she sure has blossomed into something extraordinary!

Trich's milky? Check.. Pistils dark? almost check... Looking AMAZING, Em!
You differentiate b/n "flip" (assume changing light cycle, typically to 12/12?) and "bloom" and I'm curious what constitutes "bloom" vs "Flip"?
I don't believe in an instant flip, in that one day you're in Veg and the next day you are in Bloom. The day you flip to 12/12, you simply send a signal to the plant. The plant then begins to convert or transition to bloom.

In veg, the branch tips are always covered with new green growth, and it keeps growing more and the plant keeps getting taller. In bloom, those branch ends develop flowers, not new green growth. I am looking for a moment about 7-10 days after the flip, when instead of new green growth, I suddenly see pistils emerge from the branch tips. On that day when I see those 2-5 brand new pistils, I call that Bloom Day 1. That week during this conversion, I call the Transition.

I find that most breeders figure bloom times based on the actual time of bloom, not including the transition time from the flip to 12/12. My plants almost always finish within days, if not exactly on the day the breeder says they will be done, because I am only counting actual bloom time.

Further confusion happens when we are talking about stretch. Stretch actually starts to happen during the transition period and should last for about 2 weeks, or in the terms that I use, stretch usually lasts during the week of transition and the first week of bloom.

Tonight, something different. Something actually totally different. The 3 Purple Kush have been moved to a smaller room, but under the same NextLight MEGA. They fit in this room a lot better and now are better utilizing the energy coming out of this light in this very reflective room. This room is also the exhaust for all of the grow rooms up here in the attic, so all the heat also comes here. The plants are happily warm and enjoy a great air exchange rate.

I didn't get time to get daylight shots of the girls today, but I did sit in the dark with them for a bit evaluating light leaks, and I took some flash shot of the girls trying to go to sleep. They don't have their red light, so its taking a little longer tonight than usual and it will be a couple of hours yet before they relax their leaves.

tallest.JPG
darkest.JPG
shortest.JPG
Hey Em do you have a separate light for the red? CL🍀

I don't believe in an instant flip, in that one day you're in Veg and the next day you are in Bloom. The day you flip to 12/12, you simply send a signal to the plant. The plant then begins to convert or transition to bloom.

In veg, the branch tips are always covered with new green growth, and it keeps growing more and the plant keeps getting taller. In bloom, those branch ends develop flowers, not new green growth. I am looking for a moment about 7-10 days after the flip, when instead of new green growth, I suddenly see pistils emerge from the branch tips. On that day when I see those 2-5 brand new pistils, I call that Bloom Day 1. That week during this conversion, I call the Transition.

I find that most breeders figure bloom times based on the actual time of bloom, not including the transition time from the flip to 12/12. My plants almost always finish within days, if not exactly on the day the breeder says they will be done, because I am only counting actual bloom time.

Further confusion happens when we are talking about stretch. Stretch actually starts to happen during the transition period and should last for about 2 weeks, or in the terms that I use, stretch usually lasts during the week of transition and the first week of bloom.
This is how I started to Count bloom on my latest grows as well, I also didn't give Bloom nutes until Bloom day 1, to maximize the Transition periods Stretch Phase!

I found this to not cause your plant to go into starvation mode, as it still needs the Nitrogen, and A LOT of it when it's in the transition phase.

Back
Top Bottom