Purple Kush, Regular/Photo - DynoMyco We Want You - Side-By-Side Comparative Grow

Hey Em do you have a separate light for the red? CL🍀
Depending on the lights you have; I.E Mars Hydro, they have a controller that lets you actually control the ranges of what your lights are giving out. So you can have it set to have bluer, red, etc at any given time, however, you do have to have a separate programmer for that.

I don't believe in an instant flip, in that one day you're in Veg and the next day you are in Bloom. The day you flip to 12/12, you simply send a signal to the plant. The plant then begins to convert or transition to bloom.
Thanks for the GREAT explain! Perfectly clear!

And I think you said that it makes your plants think it’s either sunup or sundown but can you tell me how that benefits the plants? Thanks CL🍀
Twice every day in nature, plants are able to see a very special spectrum of light called far red. It is approximately 720nm and it occurs for about 10 minutes on the horizon, both at sunup and sunset. Plants have evolved to respond to that light, if they are in a position to be able to see it.

In the morning, the far red on the horizon tells a plant that it is indeed tall enough to see that light without any obstructions. This tells the plant that it has no driving need to become taller, so it can see over whatever might be in the way. If the plant can see this light for 10 minutes before the big lights come on, it will keep stretch to a minimum, generally around 60% of what it would be without the light.

In the evening, the far red on the horizon tells the plant that nighttime is here and that it is time to shift from daytime to nighttime operations. Without this trigger for 10 minutes after the main lights go down, the plants can stay in daytime mode for an hour or two after night set, but by using the far red to send them immediately to sleep, we get extra night activities from the plant and the theory is that they will finish faster because of the better focus on roots that this gives them.

Twice every day in nature, plants are able to see a very special spectrum of light called far red. It is approximately 720nm and it occurs for about 10 minutes on the horizon, both at sunup and sunset. Plants have evolved to respond to that light, if they are in a position to be able to see it.

In the morning, the far red on the horizon tells a plant that it is indeed tall enough to see that light without any obstructions. This tells the plant that it has no driving need to become taller, so it can see over whatever might be in the way. If the plant can see this light for 10 minutes before the big lights come on, it will keep stretch to a minimum, generally around 60% of what it would be without the light.

In the evening, the far red on the horizon tells the plant that nighttime is here and that it is time to shift from daytime to nighttime operations. Without this trigger for 10 minutes after the main lights go down, the plants can stay in daytime mode for an hour or two after night set, but by using the far red to send them immediately to sleep, we get extra night activities from the plant and the theory is that they will finish faster because of the better focus on roots that this gives them.
Thanks Em, that’s pretty cool and definitely good to know seeing that about to start a new grow with some landrace Sativas that are prone to out-growing tent’s. CL🍀

Day 41! Grabbing a test bud is so tempting right now, but I have resisted. Harvest is coming soon, but not today.

Picture quality is down... I forgot to color balance.

purple kush day41.JPG
pk day 41.JPG
pk almost done.JPG
pk finishing up.JPG

Hi Emilya I was wondering if you would show your feeding schedule, especially during bloom. I'm using Geoflora for the first time with my Fruit Punch Auto, and she's starting her fourth week of flower. I have Purpinator and BE, not sweet candy. How much terpinator/sweet candy do you feed them in bloom, and how often?

Hi Emilya I was wondering if you would show your feeding schedule, especially during bloom. I'm using Geoflora for the first time with my Fruit Punch Auto, and she's starting her fourth week of flower. I have Purpinator and BE, not sweet candy. How much terpinator/sweet candy do you feed them in bloom, and how often?
Geoflora applications are good for 2 weeks feeding time. Advanced feeding recommendations call for adding Massive and Terpinator to the watering, the Massive being given once a week during bloom and the Terpinator with every watering. I found Massive to be too expensive for my tastes, so I started using Sweet Candy instead, and a very similar product. I would never use BE in soil, SC should be used instead.

I am using the SC for its PK boost as well as aminos and vitamins. I think that Purpinator would do fine as a PK booster, and then some other vitamin/amino thing along with it, or maybe just plain old fashioned molasses. You could also invest in a bag of SC because out of all the GLN products, I consider this to be their one home run. It is cheap, it is good stuff, and it goes very far.

Dosages, I am giving 10ml / gal of Terpinator, and a double scoop of Sweet Candy in every 5 gallon bucket. That seems way more than they recommend, but it makes a very pleasing molassesy looking brew that has seemed to work well for me. The terp is given all through the grow, veg and bloom, and the SC is only being given during bloom.

From the first pistils on your Auto at 4 or 5 weeks, you could have started giving BLOOM formula. Assuming a 5 week veg, you would have been giving VEG a few times, beginning right at the start, then again on week 3, but on week 5 you are starting to see pistils, so it is time for BLOOM formula. Then week 7 (2 weeks into bloom), again with the BLOOM. Week 9, you are about 3 weeks from the end, so you will give a final feeding of BLOOM, and that will last all the way to the end. Week 11 feeding decision will find you about a week from harvest, so save your money and don't give that final feeding... there are still going to be plenty of microbes and raw nutes in the soil to last till harvest. To summarize, in veg you will feed twice, and you will feed in bloom 3 times. It really doesn't get much easier than this.

Hey, just saying thanks again for turning me on to SIP buckets - the 0 Gal bottom 'reverse draining' one is a total monster, and the two "tank in pot" project BOTH took a YUUGE leap in size when flipped from top water to SIP tank (see 2nd grow link in sig) Utterly stunning.
>we're not Worthy< (repeat)

The two @DYNOMYCO plants are ready and can be harvested any day. The runt, and non DynoMyco plant still needs a couple more days. I did take a couple of bottom branches last night as test buds. I quick dried them for a half hour or so in the oven, and put them in the bong. Already, those tight little nugs pack a whollap! I experienced a very strong and lasting body high, along with a mild head high. The taste was not unpleasant either, even just having come out of my kitchen oven. With a proper dry and cure, this is going to be some outstanding smoke!

The crew has been alerted. We are going to let them go one more day and we will harvest Thursday afternoon. The next report will compare harvest weights of each of the plants.

Some of the leaves have turned a beautiful dark red carmine color with blood red veins. We are having a beautiful harvest very soon!

dramatic red leaves.jpg
ready today.jpg
fall colors.jpg
beautiful trichomes.jpg
within a day or two.jpg

Geoflora applications are good for 2 weeks feeding time. Advanced feeding recommendations call for adding Massive and Terpinator to the watering, the Massive being given once a week during bloom and the Terpinator with every watering. I found Massive to be too expensive for my tastes, so I started using Sweet Candy instead, and a very similar product. I would never use BE in soil, SC should be used instead.

I am using the SC for its PK boost as well as aminos and vitamins. I think that Purpinator would do fine as a PK booster, and then some other vitamin/amino thing along with it, or maybe just plain old fashioned molasses. You could also invest in a bag of SC because out of all the GLN products, I consider this to be their one home run. It is cheap, it is good stuff, and it goes very far.

Dosages, I am giving 10ml / gal of Terpinator, and a double scoop of Sweet Candy in every 5 gallon bucket. That seems way more than they recommend, but it makes a very pleasing molassesy looking brew that has seemed to work well for me. The terp is given all through the grow, veg and bloom, and the SC is only being given during bloom.

From the first pistils on your Auto at 4 or 5 weeks, you could have started giving BLOOM formula. Assuming a 5 week veg, you would have been giving VEG a few times, beginning right at the start, then again on week 3, but on week 5 you are starting to see pistils, so it is time for BLOOM formula. Then week 7 (2 weeks into bloom), again with the BLOOM. Week 9, you are about 3 weeks from the end, so you will give a final feeding of BLOOM, and that will last all the way to the end. Week 11 feeding decision will find you about a week from harvest, so save your money and don't give that final feeding... there are still going to be plenty of microbes and raw nutes in the soil to last till harvest. To summarize, in veg you will feed twice, and you will feed in bloom 3 times. It really doesn't get much easier than this.
Thanks for this Emilya. I've been feeding her Geoflora bloom since she went into flower, and I'm feeding every 10 days. I've given a couple of doses of Terpinator, but I'll start adding that to her regular watering. And I should be getting my sweet candy today! Your buds look amazing BTW.

We harvested the first two of the purple Kush last night. This beautiful purple pot is now hanging in our first stage drying room.
20221104_141154.jpg

It's hard to know how much weight is here because these branches and stems are so big and just look heavy, so I think my normal 10% off the top is not going to be enough for these sip plants. The buds are tight and hard and extremely sticky and no doubt will be heavy in the bag. So I will do a weighing after they've dried enough to remove the buds from the branches and put them into the paper sack stage, and at that point we should start to get a good idea of what the yield has been on these two dynamico plants.

The third plant, the non-dynamico plant will be harvested on Sunday. These plants were ready to harvest in 44 days which is exactly what the breeders recommendation was for the finish. This heavy hitter with its fast flowering time is definitely going to show up in my Bloom rooms again.

Congrats on the harvest, those buds are beautiful. Hopefully they smoke as good as they look ;)

I'm interested to hear of your cure process, as well!
STUNNING plants! GREAT documentation!
The first step is to dry the product down into the curing range as slowly as possible. I first hang the plants to dry for 3-5 days in open air, trying to get the RH of the product down below 70% so that the chance of mold is greatly reduced. I dry it until the branches snap but don't break, and then I remove the buds from the branches and move them to paper sacks.

I have recently purchased a roto trimmer that is going to require me to remove all of the buds from the branches immediately after harvest. After that step I will then hang the wet trimmed buds in a hanging drying rig for the same several days, same as above, to slowly get the RH down below 70%.

In the paper sack, folded down 3 times, the buds will slowly dry out a bit more, with the goal being to dry them down into the curing range, at 65% RH. After years of doing this, I can roughly tell that I am close just by reaching into the sack and feeling the buds starting to harden on the outside, and get crunchy. When I feel this crunchiness, it is time to move to a sealed container, my preference is a big gallon pickle jar or a quart jar for smaller batches.

At this stage I put in a hygrometer so that I can carefully monitor the humidity without removing the lid. If after being sealed overnight, the RH creeps up again above 65% and out of the cure range, I remove the buds from the jar and put them on a tray for a few hours, sometimes under a ceiling fan. My goal is to dry the buds out again, to the crispy crunchy point, and once back in the jar, down just below 65% humidity.

Once I am down to a steady 65% in the jar, I am in the curing range. Now the goal is to get a little bit of oxygen in the jar each day to help the THC convert, and to remove the gasses that are coming off of the product from the chlorophyll. This requires "burping" the jar once or twice a day at first. When my RH meter starts to show me that I am losing humidity with the daily burpings, I reduce the frequency of the burp to just once a day. When the RH gets down to the middle of the curing range, or around 62%, I reduce my burping to once a week.

For long term storage, I will allow the RH in the jar to get down to 59%, and then I will put a Bovida 58 pack in there to maintain that RH for a year or more. With careful control (slow drying) I can easily stay in the cure range for 2-3 months, converting my product into the best it can be. Other than sampling, I try very hard not to use any of my product until it has been in the curing range of 65-59%, for at least a week or two. Without that minimal curing time, the peak potency and peak flavors can not be expected out of your product. Curing after a slow dry is at least half of the process needed to of produce excellent pot.

Without that minimal curing time, the peak potency and peak flavors can not be expected out of your product. Curing after a slow dry is at least half of the process needed to of produce excellent pot.
Clear, concise, Easy to follow. Brilliant! Saved!

This evening, I harvested this last beauty in Bloom Room #2.

Purple Kush_49days.JPG

After 49 days of bloom, she was ready, showing about 2% amber at the very top calyxes. She was 130 days old and yielded what looks to be just short of 5 oz dry weight, but that is just a guess because I have tried a new process this evening... I have a new toy.

This is going to read sort of like a review but it's not, I am reviewing the technology and the process but not any particular brand or model of this piece of equipment. I am speaking of a roto trimmer. They used to be prohibitively expensive but now on the big box store they're very reasonable. They come in at least three different sizes and price range is all over the place so I bought the cheapest one I can find, at just above the $100 price point.
20221108_170211.jpg

It was bigger and heavier than I expected and I was very pleased looking at my new toy. So I put it to work and all by myself I cut down this last purple Kush, quick trimmed the fan leaves and cut the buds off into the bowl ready to be trimmed.

I prefer a rough cut on my pot and tend to leave any parts of leaves that have trichomes on them and my main concern about one of these roto trimmers was that it would produce manicured buds that resembled dispensary pot, and I was pleased that depending on the number of turns that I gave this machine I could rough cut or cut it down to very fine manicured pot. It all depended on how many turns I gave it.

It's pretty impressive how this thing works in that one turn gives you 30 turns of the dual razor blade underneath the screen. Every second that you turn the knob this thing is producing 120 cuts at every spot under the screen! They say that 10 seconds of operation is worth an hour of hand trimming time. It took me an hour and a half to totally get done with the job and then it was all contained and easy to clean up. In the bottom bowl I ended up with some finely chopped debris that will definitely be going into my magic butter machine.

This is a game changer! I should have bought one of these years ago, even though they were much more expensive back then. Here's some more pictures of the process.

Here's a before and after picture

20221108_173923.jpg
20221108_174207.jpg

Another before and after set

20221108_191228.jpg
20221108_191447.jpg

Here is the chop debris from one plant

20221108_192237.jpg

And here is the final result

20221108_192502.jpg

This evening, I harvested this last beauty in Bloom Room #2.

Purple Kush_49days.JPG

After 49 days of bloom, she was ready, showing about 2% amber at the very top calyxes. She was 130 days old and yielded what looks to be just short of 5 oz dry weight, but that is just a guess because I have tried a new process this evening... I have a new toy.

This is going to read sort of like a review but it's not, I am reviewing the technology and the process but not any particular brand or model of this piece of equipment. I am speaking of a roto trimmer. They used to be prohibitively expensive but now on the big box store they're very reasonable. They come in at least three different sizes and price range is all over the place so I bought the cheapest one I can find, at just above the $100 price point.
20221108_170211.jpg

It was bigger and heavier than I expected and I was very pleased looking at my new toy. So I put it to work and all by myself I cut down this last purple Kush, quick trimmed the fan leaves and cut the buds off into the bowl ready to be trimmed.

I prefer a rough cut on my pot and tend to leave any parts of leaves that have trichomes on them and my main concern about one of these roto trimmers was that it would produce manicured buds that resembled dispensary pot, and I was pleased that depending on the number of turns that I gave this machine I could rough cut or cut it down to very fine manicured pot. It all depended on how many turns I gave it.

It's pretty impressive how this thing works in that one turn gives you 30 turns of the dual razor blade underneath the screen. Every second that you turn the knob this thing is producing 120 cuts at every spot under the screen! They say that 10 seconds of operation is worth an hour of hand trimming time. It took me an hour and a half to totally get done with the job and then it was all contained and easy to clean up. In the bottom bowl I ended up with some finely chopped debris that will definitely be going into my magic butter machine.

This is a game changer! I should have bought one of these years ago, even though they were much more expensive back then. Here's some more pictures of the process.

Here's a before and after picture

20221108_173923.jpg
20221108_174207.jpg

Another before and after set

20221108_191228.jpg
20221108_191447.jpg

Here is the chop debris from one plant

20221108_192237.jpg

And here is the final result

20221108_192502.jpg

Congrats on your new toy! I'm surprised you didn't buy one from one of the sponsors. I know Vivosun has a couple. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom