2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

By the way ... I know the title says LST ... and the pictures show no evidence of it ... reason being I will SCROG them once they are in their final pot, and then LST will also commence ... maybe with a little defoil of fanleafs if they block a lot of light.

It seems my FIM job went allright .. tho with a little extra work to get it neat. If someone wants closeups, let me know, I'll try my best in that case ;)

Day 34

20141014_120607.jpg
20141014_120614.jpg
20141014_120621.jpg
20141014_131525.jpg
20141014_131533.jpg
20141014_131544.jpg

Is it me, or is the second picture showing an early stage nitrogen or magnesium deficiency ? On that line of thinking, how to tell the difference between the two ? I have the commonly posted nutrient deficiency chart, showing the leaves and multiple stage deficiency's of the most important nutrients, and I have a hard time telling the early stage nitrogen and the magnesium apart :/

Just subbed. Your grow is very interesting. I read through your 1st attempt and could just cry man! I looked at one of those nute charts and all the leaves looked the same to me? :) Anyway... happy to be here and wish you the best with this grow! :peace:

Is it me, or is the second picture showing an early stage nitrogen or magnesium deficiency ? On that line of thinking, how to tell the difference between the two ? I have the commonly posted nutrient deficiency chart, showing the leaves and multiple stage deficiency's of the most important nutrients, and I have a hard time telling the early stage nitrogen and the magnesium apart :/

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green. If your plants are having a slow growth rate and have yellowing of the leaves, then most likely it’s a nitrogen deficiency.

Day 36

Midnight for the girls, almost day 37. I will move them to 20 liter fabric pots, normally used in ponds. I will move 4 of them and will try to bonsai mom one of them. I will repot today, then veg for one more week and then flip to bloom for 4 of them, and improvise a veg room for my mum, as well as a cloner, and take cuttings just before I flip to try to get some new plants going :)

20141016_132804.jpg

Day 37

Repotting ... fabric bag size is 30 * 30 * 25 cm with a volume of ~22 liters. I tried to loosen the soil around the roots, but to no avail. So I left it as it was and just slightly compressed the new soil. I watered them generously afterwards and was barely able to cramp them back in.

20141016_165533.jpg

20141016_165800.jpg

20141016_170439.jpg

20141016_170454.jpg

20141016_173302.jpg

20141016_182642.jpg

The plant in the center will become my mom, and stays in a 3 liter pot.

I will rearange lights when I place the SCROG screen. I will probably do that tomorrow.

Thanks for watching ;)

First, pictures: Night 37

This is about 12 hours after repotting .. I'm a little worried about my future mom, more about that after the pictures.

20141017_123121.jpg

20141017_123130.jpg

20141017_123144.jpg

20141017_123155.jpg

20141017_123204.jpg

As you can see on this last picture, she is not doing as well as the others. I already asked this, and some more nutes cleared up the problem on the other plants, where only the lower fanleafs are affected:

20141017_123227.jpg

20141017_123256.jpg

20141017_123318.jpg

Here are some troubleshooting pictures from the problem lady:

20141017_123339.jpg
20141017_123912.jpg
20141017_123937.jpg
20141017_123959.jpg
20141017_124012.jpg
20141017_124022.jpg

//
Quote Originally Posted by PlanetJ View Post
//

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

//
Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green. If your plants are having a slow growth rate and have yellowing of the leaves, then most likely it’s a nitrogen deficiency.
//

This leads me to believe it is magnesium ... or I'm interpreting the pictures wrong. Would you agree ? I've read that magnesium is rarely the issue itself .. Ph seems right tho, and I have trouble believing that it is excessive potassium, calcium and or phosphorus.

Could I just throw in say 10grams of Epsom Salts and see how she responds without causing too much damage if I'm wrong or do I risk the same kinda pictures I ended my first journal with if I go that route ?

Thanks for watching and any advice anybody might have ;)

From what Antics posted, it definitely looks like mag. deficiency. My question is... was this happening before you did the clipping/re-potting or just occur after all that? If it's caused by stress on the plant it may clear itself up directly. You're not a beginner... I am! :) One thing I paid very good attention to was the tutorial telling me I would kill my plants by OVER doing things... we almost never UNDER do things with our girls! :) Hell, I think your plants look fantastic and the new mom doesn't appear to be on death's door. Good luck with her! :peace:

As you can see in the pictures from previous days, it slowly developed. Also, the plant with the most issues, is the one that did not get transplanted. I bought Epsom Salt and added a tablespoon to 1,7 liters of water, and watered the girls with it .. the to-be-mum got a little more water then the rest. I have to be carefull tho, they got water yesterday .. so now I'll wait for what this does the upcomming 2 days.

I also foliar sprayed about 250 ml, with a tbsp Epsom salt in 2 liters of water solution on all the girls evenly .. just to make sure. These amounts of Epsom salts are WELL below the recommendations I came across .. so it should be on the safe side .. I hope.

It might be wishfull thinking, but it seems she looks a bit better then on the previous picture ... exiting ,,, can't wait for tomorrow to be able to check :)

Nope. It has a bunch of other ingredients tho that help with aeration and water retention. I could not find perlite easily and was not going to travel for it ... it will be a nice test :p

People wondering where the updates are, I'm forcing myself to lay off ... I just peek in once a day to check if they still live, and then GTFO to prevent me mending issues that are not issues.

I will take pictures today, and get a good look on how the plants are doing with slightly lowered Ph and a little added magnesium .. Ph was lowered with lemon juice concentrate, it's around 6.5 now, prolly more towards 6.2 vbut soil should self regulate iirc.

Pictures in an hour or two I think .. else 7 :p

Back
Top Bottom