2nd Time Growing Hope This Is Better NL

@Bill284 i think I’m drying a little too fast humidity is been hovering around 57 overnight and temps have been around 64 the outside of the bud is a little dry but still spongy and the stems are still just bending. Should I put my humidifier in the tent to get the humidity up more or am I ok or should I do something else. I’m only running my circulating fan currently and I’m getting the hay smell

@Bill284 i think I’m drying a little too fast humidity is been hovering around 57 overnight and temps have been around 64 the outside of the bud is a little dry but still spongy and the stems are still just bending. Should I put my humidifier in the tent to get the humidity up more or am I ok or should I do something else. I’m only running my circulating fan currently and I’m getting the hay smell
Don't panic. As long as they are in a cool dark place with minimal air flow you will be ok. It usually takes 4 days or so to dry before curing. 57 rh isn't bad , just keep checking thin branches, when they snap instead of bending its time for jars.

Don't panic. As long as they are in a cool dark place with minimal air flow you will be ok. It usually takes 4 days or so to dry before curing. 57 rh isn't bad , just keep checking thin branches, when they snap instead of bending its time for jars.
I’m going to put a smaller fan in there, I’ve read mixed opinions on the hay smell being normal and that’s what worries me most I’m on day 3 of drying

I’m going to put a smaller fan in there, I’ve read mixed opinions on the hay smell being normal and that’s what worries me most I’m on day 3 of drying
Hay smell is common at first. As your drying it will disapate and the pot smell will prevale. A small fan is good, minimal air flow is what you need.

Just giving an update on the drying- today is day 4 of drying my temps have been staying around 64 and the rh has been hanging around 60 for the past day. The buds are starting to feel like pop corn and the stems are getting a little bit stiffer. I’d also say the strong odor of hay has gone just about all the way. I did sample some of the small pop corn buds that dried in a day and it was a very pleasant smoke not harsh at all only cured for 2 days burnt white when the bowl was done.

The adage is to dry them to the point that the branches snap when you bend them, but do not break. That confused me for a long time until I actually saw it working. All pot smells a bit like hay at first, even the strong berry and lemon strains, although you can still get hints of the final flavors just like when you smelled the plant while it was still growing. It is in the curing range where the magic happens and the chlorophyll (hay smell) starts being converted to other things and the true flavors start coming out. I don't think you can really get an idea what the pot is going to smell or taste like, until it has been in the curing range for at least a week, and from then on it should be getting better each day. Be patient... growing the stuff is just half of the process. Go slow... if you hurry the drying process you either end up going too far, or once you get down to near the curing range the product remains unstable, rising up into the 70's overnight in the jar. Go slow, and celebrate when you finally get it to hold at 64-65 overnight... you will finally be curing. Until then, its hay.

Well around 1 am I reached the dry point where I could squeeze a bud and it would slowly come back to shape and the stems bent but only made a cracking feeling so I cut the the buds off of the stem and jarred them up. The jars are reading 55 rh hoping I didn’t over dry them. Wound up with 2.25 ounces

Do you think I should wait to put boveda packs in or should I put them in now?

Well around 1 am I reached the dry point where I could squeeze a bud and it would slowly come back to shape and the stems bent but only made a cracking feeling so I cut the the buds off of the stem and jarred them up. The jars are reading 55 rh hoping I didn’t over dry them. Wound up with 2.25 ounces
Mine read low at first also let them sit and it should come up.
Good work my friend.

Do you think I should wait to put boveda packs in or should I put them in now?
Wait a bit and see if the rh comes up. If you put them in now you won't get a tru reading on them.

I do know now that this grow is over and I checked out my root ball and it was defiantly lacking, the roots weren’t even out to the edge of the soil. I think when I transplanted I did it way to early or the they got tangled up I’m not sure. Hoping next grow is better. I guess that explains why they didn’t drink as much since the roots never really spread out.

Thankyou should I wait to burp them for a while?
I usually Give them 24 hrs to get a tru reading before I start burping. Then the rh usually comes up to around 70 then I burping twice a day first week. Then once a day after that.

I do know now that this grow is over and I checked out my root ball and it was defiantly lacking, the roots weren’t even out to the edge of the soil. I think when I transplanted I did it way to early or the they got tangled up I’m not sure. Hoping next grow is better. I guess that explains why they didn’t drink as much since the roots never really spread out.
If you water properly for a couple weeks after upcanning you should be able to fill a proper size container.
Keep that in mind from now on its very important.
Did you read the proper way to water. And watering the B.L.T. method?

If you water properly for a couple weeks after upcanning you should be able to fill a proper size container.
Keep that in mind from now on its very important.
Did you read the proper way to water. And watering the B.L.T. method?
I read Emily’s method of watering, but not the blt method where can I find that at?

I read Emily’s method of watering, but not the blt method where can I find that at?
@Backlipslide a tutorial i think its in his signature. I think.Its a good read every body should know.

Hey brother what are your hygrometers reading today?

I just burped it and had the hay smell but after being open for a few minutes I could start to get a faint pot smell

Back
Top Bottom