300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

Hi Setting Sun I wanted to stop by and pay my respects. Thank you for doing this and all your great contributions to this board. I'm hoping to make my way through all your grows as time allows.

Take care!

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

Thank you, BlueDog ;)

I appreciate your support and encouragement!

hope you find useful info in your reading. I know I've benefited as much as anyone else from all the good stuff that others have posted.

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

That's funny you say that you felt like you were overdosing on cannabis....My thoughts exactly. I only tried it one time a few years back and it totally kicked my ass! I really thought I was dying. I know it sounds stupid but it was true. I got it when my girlfriend was out of town(long before she knew I smoked) from her stripper friend and it felt like it lasted about 12hours or so...I think about 4 of those hours I went from crying to laughing and so on....I still to this day do not eat cannabis of any kind and truly believe it is the strongest high I have ever had! Eat at your own risk!! I understand why your lady threw that away......

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

I really like passive hydro.

It's simple, yet lends itself to lots of experimentation if you like to do that sort of thing, which I do.

I've tried both R/O and tap water, and the plants seem to do better with tap water, so that's another huge plus for hempy. I get more stable PH with tap also.

I read about your zinc deficiency in your journal and picked up a bottle of Liquinox shortly thereafter, so I'm ready if that happens.

I feel the same way about growing. I guess that's why we're here ;).
My personal opinion on tap or ro water is to mix it 3 1/2 gal ro 1 1/2 gal tap water per 5 gal jug and when I test it I end up with water with a ph of 6.7 and ppms of 50-60 this way a $10 bottle of cal mag will last me a year or so min.

Re: GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting Sun

Thanks for the feedback on that Cateros.

If our tap water was consistently at the same ppm, I might consider doing that, but in this burg they blend groundwater with water from aquifers, so depending on how they blend it, the ppm can vary significantly, even from day to day.

I just can't trust the stuff.

Last time I was at the hydro shop, I bought a gallon of Cal-Mag at around $35, and compared to how I used to chase my tail trying to fix problems caused by our tap water, including doing 2-3 flushes during the course of a grow, which I thought was a pretty normal thing, it's a small price to pay in the scheme of things.

When you're trying to fix and flush problems caused by tap water, using the same tap water, it don't work so good ;).

You're suggestion is excellent, however, for folks whose tap water is hard, but stable.

I've got about 100 gal of rainwater stored, and more rain is on the way, so I should be able to store enough to last me through 2011.

Rainwater is my favorite. Plants love it. Price is right.

Back
Top Bottom