3600 watts first timer og, pinnaple and bluberry kush

No complaints from me, I'am not hangin sheetrock or digging a ditch so this doesnt count as work :))

I hear that. Guess I'm weird, I like trimming. It's like I'm putting the last touch on them. Maybe I just like getting them ready for the long cure and how good it's going to be. :ganjamon:

Trimming is fun to me, but honestly i've gotta agree with FF20, with that many plants its prolly pretty arduous..
Happy to see ya back on I 've missed ya. I'am not sure about the cart but we have been trimming for 2 solid days. The pinapple are avg between 20 and 25oz ea (wet) trimmed bud!! So if we stay at this we will have around 4.5oz of dryed meds per plant. We have 24 pinapple:cheer:
24x 4.5oz = 108 oz.
108 oz = 6.75 lbs
are you sure you wont need that shoppin cart?

Amazon: Jumbo Folding Cart with Double Basket (BLACK)-can carry 150 lbs-Cart Size: 41.75"h x 24"w x 21"d

1667509151357.png

... wait i kno you're like wtf, why is Dro tryna set me up. Everyone can see thru that cart.. so i found this one for ya..
Amazon: SHOPPING CART LINER - BRAND NEW - GROCERY - BLACK..

1667509169984.png

for real tho, this one is gonna be interestin.. If i recall you said you helped ppl with their setups before starting your own. is your setup bigger or smaller than what you were used to helpin out with?(jus curious)

take it easy bro

dro:popcorn:

I love trimming..I like to take it over the course of a week..4-5 plants a day. Ive trimmed all different ways....the best way is put some music on, take your time and dont fall in love with the bud to make them perfect...the trim dries in there and it all weighs. I wouldnt need to worry bout a trimming machine until I hit 15 plus lbs.........congrats
I hope the weight is want you expect....

Hey man keep up the good work i have just started my 3rd grow and let me tell you the people on this site are there to help us out and your Plants look very good keep on keepin on man

So how are the hands treating you?? I can only imagine how bad that must be with that many gals. We will definitely take some pics of your labors if ya got em. Fun to see the piles of green around. Super well done...

L8ER

Just found this Journal... good grow bro... so... Couple questions if you don't mind... What are the dimensions of your room? Did you have any issues with the Nextgens? I had some 400/600 Nextgens and had some probs with them but CAP sent me replacements and I didn't have any trouble after that... are those the straight 600's or are they the 400/600's? Did you run MH in those ballasts or did you veg in something else? I thought maybe the prob with mine had to do with switching bulbs cause that's when shit started going wrong. How tall were your plants before you started flowering? What was your total weight in the end? Sorry if any of this was in the Journal I did read through it but I may have forgotten already... My memory isn't what it used to be... and I'm only 25... LOL.
Thanks in advance bro... Great Grow... 5 star and +reps...

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

H20, What were the problems you had with NexGen? I just picked up 3 600s and I'm not hearing anything but praise. I welcome another point of view on the product.

H20, What were the problems you had with NexGen? I just picked up 3 600s and I'm not hearing anything but praise. I welcome another point of view on the product.

I heard nothing but praise as well... even from the techs at R&M which is the manufacturer of CAP. I originally bought 3 400/600w Nextgen's... worked great untill I switched over to HPS... all of a sudden I would come in and the lights wouldn't be on... I'd have to unplug them... wait so long and plug them back in to reset the circuit breaker... the next day same thing... the next day same thing... then they'd work, then they wouldn't... funny thing is they'd all be in unison except for acouple times when one wouldn't and the other 2 would, Most of the time it would take two resets to get them to light up. I shipped them back to R&M one at a time and they were supposed to send me new ones but about 1 week after they were replaced it all started again... I don't think I was paranoid in thinking they got them back tested them, they tested fine so they sent them back to me. So during this process of sending them back to them I told them I wanted a back up at a discount... they sent me a refurb 400/600w which rattled when I moved it so I sent that back and got a new one... after the 3 replacements I believed to be the same ballasts started acting up again I told them I wanted 3 brand new ones sent to me before I sent the 3 I had back... they did it I sent the 3 back and had them untill the end of harvest which ended up being about a month and they worked fine... before I could start using them again I was Illegally raided and they were all seized, I'm currently fighting for my equipment back... so hopefully when I get them back they'll work as good as they were when I had them... LOL.

I feel like I gave Nextgen quite a bit of leway instead of just getting different ballasts... I did it mainly because I liked the idea of them... ie... small lite ballast, can be mounted 65' from lamp, with many possibilities for reflector plugs without having an adaptor. I think what happend is I got a bad batch and when I sent them back they plugged them up and they worked so they sent them back... if they would have tested them for a week I bet they would have had the same issues... if I just plugged them in they'd work but when they were on a timer they stopped working on and off, and I know it wasn't the power or timer cause while I was still having problems and sending them one at a time back to R&M I had a magnetic on the same timer and it never failed once...

Are your's 400/600w or just straight 600w? Let me know how they work in awhile... I plan on buying more 600's in a couple months and I'm not sure weather I should go NextGen, Lumatek or Quantum... If I don't hear anymore bad about them I'll probably go 400/600w NextGen...

I heard nothing but praise as well... even from the techs at R&M which is the manufacturer of CAP. I originally bought 3 400/600w Nextgen's... worked great untill I switched over to HPS... all of a sudden I would come in and the lights wouldn't be on... I'd have to unplug them... wait so long and plug them back in to reset the circuit breaker... the next day same thing... the next day same thing... then they'd work, then they wouldn't... funny thing is they'd all be in unison except for acouple times when one wouldn't and the other 2 would, Most of the time it would take two resets to get them to light up. I shipped them back to R&M one at a time and they were supposed to send me new ones but about 1 week after they were replaced it all started again... I don't think I was paranoid in thinking they got them back tested them, they tested fine so they sent them back to me. So during this process of sending them back to them I told them I wanted a back up at a discount... they sent me a refurb 400/600w which rattled when I moved it so I sent that back and got a new one... after the 3 replacements I believed to be the same ballasts started acting up again I told them I wanted 3 brand new ones sent to me before I sent the 3 I had back... they did it I sent the 3 back and had them untill the end of harvest which ended up being about a month and they worked fine... before I could start using them again I was Illegally raided and they were all seized, I'm currently fighting for my equipment back... so hopefully when I get them back they'll work as good as they were when I had them... LOL.

I feel like I gave Nextgen quite a bit of leway instead of just getting different ballasts... I did it mainly because I liked the idea of them... ie... small lite ballast, can be mounted 65' from lamp, with many possibilities for reflector plugs without having an adaptor. I think what happend is I got a bad batch and when I sent them back they plugged them up and they worked so they sent them back... if they would have tested them for a week I bet they would have had the same issues... if I just plugged them in they'd work but when they were on a timer they stopped working on and off, and I know it wasn't the power or timer cause while I was still having problems and sending them one at a time back to R&M I had a magnetic on the same timer and it never failed once...

Are your's 400/600w or just straight 600w? Let me know how they work in awhile... I plan on buying more 600's in a couple months and I'm not sure weather I should go NextGen, Lumatek or Quantum... If I don't hear anymore bad about them I'll probably go 400/600w NextGen...

Hey Man.

I bought a NextGen about a month ago.

I'm also having the same problem as you described with the NexGen 1000w. The light fires, perhaps 1 or 2 times out of 10. I'm on my second replacement. I'm using a Hydrofarm reflector and a Sunmaster bulb. I read somewhere that there's a compatibility problem with some bulbs not being ballast "friendly" and tricks the ballast into thinking it's not the proper voltage.

I'm getting an error code of 4 on my unit (Solid Green with Flashing Red), you the same?

Luckily, I'm on keeping the thing on 24/7 until flowering and then I'll have to decide what to do. Any info you can provide will help with some more "ammo" when getting C.A.P to offer some type of recommendation.

Ahhh, what to do...?

Thanks!
SF

Hey Man.

I bought a NextGen about a month ago.

I'm also having the same problem as you described with the NexGen 1000w. The light fires, perhaps 1 or 2 times out of 10. I'm on my second replacement. I'm using a Hydrofarm reflector and a Sunmaster bulb. I read somewhere that there's a compatibility problem with some bulbs not being ballast "friendly" and tricks the ballast into thinking it's not the proper voltage.

I'm getting an error code of 4 on my unit (Solid Green with Flashing Red), you the same?

Luckily, I'm on keeping the thing on 24/7 until flowering and then I'll have to decide what to do. Any info you can provide will help with some more "ammo" when getting C.A.P to offer some type of recommendation.

Ahhh, what to do...?

Thanks!
SF

Yeah I had the same... solid green with so many red flashs meant fault or something like that... When I talked to R&M they acted like they had never heard of the problem... I kinda figured they were full of it though.

I can't remember exactly what bulb I was using and I don't have it now so I'll try and look through some old receipts in my e-mail it was probably a SunMaster HPS that I was having problems with though... I don't know if you got your replacement from R&M or whereever you bought it but... the number to R&M is 866-476-9768 and it's either extension 123 or 1234 that rings right through to the Manager On Duty... usually the technical manager. I would have them send me a replacement before I sent them the one back which they may forward you to Discount Hydroponics which is their retail store... if you didn't buy it from them they will want you to buy it and then they will refund it when they get yours back... And from experience they WILL refund it. I would try and push the whole "maybe it's the bulb that wont fire... It didn't say anything about this in the manual"... find the place that sells your bulb for the most and tell them you got it from that place and they wont switch out bulbs cause you already fired it... maybe you can get them to get you a new bulb... One they KNOW works with their ballasts... LOL.

Let me know how things go bro... I wanna keep up on this cause I really want to buy their ballasts but if they are gonna be shit or unreliable then there is no point.

Thanks for the info H2O!

So as not to clog his journal, I went and created a thread at:
CAP NextGen Ballasts: Problems?

Thanks again for the info.

Sorry for the journal jack!

SF

No Problem Bro...
You Know... I was just thinking about doing that... LOL.
I'm sure FF wont mind... he's been MIA for over 2 weeks... Probably trimming up his estimated 6LBS... If he comes back He'll be too medicated to care... J/K... LOL.
Thanks for starting a thread StinkFinger!!

hey FF is everything ok? ;)

jus checkin up on ya

Everyone's been asking... noones gotten a response... He hasn't logged in since he last posted so he doesn't even know we're freakin out... but other's have been disapearing near havest as well... Wonder if they're all at the same harvest party... LOL.

Ok first off I'am very sorry for my poor response time. I have been one busy man :) let me try to get you up to speed, got 5lbs was lookin for 6 so not bad. but we were not real consitent so we have alot of room for improvment. the baking soda spray worked but the bibles amount is way to much I wont suggest it. 1% only, and at the end of light cycle.(dark) with fans on and not in the last 2 weeks of flower It hurt bag appeal and taste a little. Here in Cali we all have PM so a sulfer burner is the way to go, once a week in veg and the first 3 weeks of flower max, then keep the RH low and plenty of air. The NextGen balasts have been perfect for us just got 6 more 600s we use Ushio bulbs and have been very pleased. We are 1/2 way thru the next run plus the new room so I have been very busy:)
Some things I learned along the way.
Read peoples journals, harder to find some things but often better info then the bible. Better yet get ask Ed Rosenthal. (we met him and he grows alot)
JC bible is great book Its got all kinds of good info. (not great info or 100% accurate) JC dosnt grow never claimed to, but he can write a helpfull book.
The plants tell ya what they need, slow down and pay attention
More is NOT better!!!
If your new trying to roll 5+ strains is a bad idea 1 or 2 max any more is just to much info to try to keep up with IMO. Trust me on this.
Don't cut corners on power!!! Room 1 has 95 amps room 2 has 115amps. Lay your room out and get power where you need it FIRST. You will use it ALL. Exstention cords all around the room Sucks
Fans.... you need more! plan your air flow around hardware dead spots = PM and gail force wind drys and stresses your girls.
RH 50% or less veg or flower ! We try to stay in the 40s now.

Now for the fun stuff:yahoo: Room 2 is ebb and grow 2 systems + 2 6 bucket add ons 36 plants total 6 600 on a #5 mover with added bar and trolly 4ft between light bars covering a 8 by 10 area 4 18 inch air king wall mounts and1 16 wall mount for CO2. 12500 btu Ac, sealed room and 30 ak 40 somthings and 6 bubbas, should be fun Ill try to start posting agian as soon as we get it all rolling clean :peace:

PS To all who missed me, agian I'am very sorry for leaving ya hangin:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom