3rd Hydro Grow First Journal

nice work man, looks like you've got the plants happy. hey i was thinking about training my plants by LST and topping. looks like you stayed clear from that work, any particular reason?

I did try to SCROG them but started too late. No not really any reason except topping stresses and also takes the plant time to heel up. I have tried tying down plants in past grows just on this one the way I would have to go about it is putting little tacks in the top of my rez and tying the plant down to the tack but in previous attempts when the plant starts correcting itself it just pulls the tack right out or I could of put the tacks in my walls but didn't reallt want to put some many holes in my walls. When I start a grow I always say I want to try new tricks and such and with this one I tried putting the net over them. I built the net my self from pvc pipe and aome string and just decided last night not to use it any more because I killed a leaf with it.

hey im new and from reading you journal i think i fucked up :( im a forst time grower and man my roots ismt white like theh use to be my plants lemon skunk nd kush are both almost 2ft i been growing em since feb and im JUST now flowering smfh i get told all typa info it confuses me, i can see lil buds all over my plant and i just pulled all fan leaves off will my plant die :( im only using 3cfls 75watts a piece is that even enough??? i canr see no crystals !!! >:( im using a 16g tub with 4 slot but im only usong 2 and my small tub is 3g with my baby afghan and random seed

Slow down man these are weeds they want to live and grow. I just need more specific details or I run the risk of giving you a bunch of info your can't use or don't understand, also some picture would be very helpful.
First thing: The lights you have do they appear white in color or yellow? The white light CFLs put out blue spectrum of light and this is needed when you are in the grow cycle and the light cycle is NOT 12hours on and 12 hours off. When your plants are ready and your switch them to the 12/12hour light cycle you will need the yellow colored bulbs that put out red spectrum. 225watts is a lot but is 75watts the cfl actual wattage or is that what it is equivalent to? Yes it matters yes there is a difference. I'm thinking unless your cfls are really big in size 75watts is the equivalent and you are really only running 3 23watt cfls and that is not enough light.
Second: Your roots are they just become discolored or is the discoloration as well as looking slimy and stinky? Also what is the temperature of the water in your rez? You wanna keep the rez dark and cold like under 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Light getting into your rez will promote algae growth which will promote root rot also the algae is alive like you and your plants and will stealing nutrients from your plants.
Third: pH of your water is extremely important you can have everything perfect and if the pH is wrong meaning too high or too low your plants won't even be able to process the nutrients. This is a long process to explain and most people won't even understand because of not being aware of what happens on the molecular scale but trust me you want your rez pH at 5.5.
Finally: I never pull leaves of my plants! esp all of them? Plants are alive and can make decisions on when to let leaves die. Think of leaves like little banks on the plant. Leaves grow as more and more energy is stored and when a leaf begins to die the energy isn't being let out into the universe the plant is using this stored energy and will eventually allow the leaf to fall off. One last question are your plants showing little white hairs on the buds? Or little ball shaped structures?

Hey I'm late sorry nice plants. I'm learning howto work the website a lot better but I have a huge cfl 200watt its the yellow kind plus 2 75 watt cfls small size plus 1 daylight cfl. I hate a link in my sigs and iwas told if I did that more energy would go towards growing buds but my kush plant was a male had balls I kiilled it ;( but lemon skunk is startin to bud I see lil hairy strings. I'll keep you updated btw I dnt have a way of checkin my ph ;( those things are expensive at the hydro store or either I'm too cheap. Its $69.99 ;-( as far as the temp in res I'm not sure but i. Wrapped the whole thing in duct tape :k and I clean it out every 1-2 weeks this thing is heavy when filled lol

Hey I'm late sorry nice plants. I'm learning howto work the website a lot better but I have a huge cfl 200watt its the yellow kind plus 2 75 watt cfls small size plus 1 daylight cfl. I hate a link in my sigs and iwas told if I did that more energy would go towards growing buds but my kush plant was a male had balls I kiilled it ;( but lemon skunk is startin to bud I see lil hairy strings. I'll keep you updated btw I dnt have a way of checkin my ph ;( those things are expensive at the hydro store or either I'm too cheap. Its $69.99 ;-( as far as the temp in res I'm not sure but i. Wrapped the whole thing in duct tape :k and I clean it out every 1-2 weeks this thing is heavy when filled lol

You need to at least go to the store and pick up a 6$ color strips or dye drops. It will at least give you a 1.0 range to stick within, pH is the master variable if that isn't in check you will have a plethora of problems later to come trust me its worth the 6$ but i am also too check to buy a digital ph meter from my shop (4x the price of amazon) so i just cant bring myself to buy it i have 2 different companies of drops so i can make sure its reading somewhat accurately.

so the hydro store sell $6 color strips? i never knew that i guess i can go pick some up before work, thanks for the help albatross

Or an aquarium store, hell i think even walmart has the color strips. If you go online you can look at the walmart by you and see what they have. My stores a rip off they charged like 12 but a garden store by me had them for a reasonable price (6$) and its worth it trust me

Idk how you feel about ordering things offline but thats probably the easiest and maybe the fastest way by the time you run around town. I live in a much hotter region so we have alot of pool stores(thier ph needs to be checked) just dont get screwed over and buy a 35 dollar kit you dont need all that nonsense just the ph drops. (home depot carries them by me)

yea bcuz one day its 78 the next thing 30 and next its fucking snowing so id rather be down south lol but what about a pool store? cause its like 3blocks away and i will actually walk 3blocks to go there lol. i ask for a ph reader or strips?

Yeah any pool store should have just ph strips or the drops, just tell the guy you bought an above ground pool and wanna start getting everything in check before the season comes idk lol or just tell him you like to garden and you like the pH you add to plants to be a certain level.

lol il just tell him im growing hydro and i wanna check my plant ph and either he sell it or he can kiss my ass lol cause the hydro shop is right next door lol. btw i be on this site 24 hrs lol

Yeah unfortantely i needed some wiring help so i asked the guy and had the have that conversation, but of course he had no idea what he was doing and just kinda repeated what i asked him. However i told him i was growing a bunch of jalapenos and maybe that's why he didn't care lol.

Yeah im on this site alot too haha, ive been skimming around and getting new notifications haha

i use to be on another website i prolly would get banned or something if i mention the name lol i see people be scared to say certain things but nobody was ever on that website and i just so happen to put in 420 and waaaalahhh lol

I think most of us did come from another site, and for a reason haha. This site is alot better than any ive found yet i also see common names from older posts in other forums so i think alot of people migrate for different reason.

Back
Top Bottom