MsBadger's First Grow

You can combine 35% FoxFarm Ocean Forest, 35% FoxFarm Happy Frog, 15% perlite, 15% vermiculite and mycorrhizae to make a good soil mixture.

Wonderful I hope that will help with my PH problems. Out to shop !

Thanks again KingJohnC ! :thanks: :thanks: :adore:

You can combine 35% FoxFarm Ocean Forest, 35% FoxFarm Happy Frog, 15% perlite, 15% vermiculite and mycorrhizae to make a good soil mixture.

Okay KingJohnC,
I have my perlite , FFOF and vermiculite however I could not find vermiculite with mycorrhizae. I can find mycorrhizae separately, an example would be Great White premium Mycorrhizae, but I don't know the amount ? Do you have any ideas ? My Bubble Magic Washing machine is here !!!!!!:cheer::yahoo:

I had meant that you purchase the mycorrhizae separately. You can use any brand of mycorrhizae that you like.

Well you can't say it's my big giant brain in the way ! :phew: Learning is like wearing your heart on your sleeve, it's embarrassing when you get it wrong, but as long as you keep moving forward, it's all okay ! KingJohnC thanks for hanging on, mycorrhizae enroute ! :thumb: and as always :thanks:

I used a couple 35 dollar bags from roots last season- forget the name but the bag is camo. Found the cheapest 2 dollar bag that was practically mulch could grow weed fine. Happy frog seems to be the balance of cheap and good, perlite, worm castings, drains good.

There was this soil though. This guy made it and it looked and felt hard was rock on one of the mothers last year. Remember the stuff held and drained water perfectly. I wish I found out what he made it with. At first I said this soil sucks cause it was like rock hard on the surface xd But isn't it always like that.. After using it, realized what a lubed noob I was. Don't even know where that guy lives :\

I'd take that recipe off his hands for some cash anyday..

I used a couple 35 dollar bags from roots last season- forget the name but the bag is camo. Found the cheapest 2 dollar bag that was practically mulch could grow weed fine. Happy frog seems to be the balance of cheap and good, perlite, worm castings, drains good.

There was this soil though. This guy made it and it looked and felt hard was rock on one of the mothers last year. Remember the stuff held and drained water perfectly. I wish I found out what he made it with. At first I said this soil sucks cause it was like rock hard on the surface xd But isn't it always like that.. After using it, realized what a lubed noob I was. Don't even know where that guy lives :\

I'd take that recipe off his hands for some cash anyday..

Anybody ever heard of growing in mushroom compost ?

Doesnt happy frog already have added mycorrhizae?

The FoxFarm website says it does.

" Happy Frog® Potting Soil
Handcrafted in the Humboldt Nation

Your potted plants deserve the best. Their roots can't seek out nutrients in the ground, so you have to bring it to them. That's why Happy Frog® Potting Soil is alive with beneficial microbes and fungi that help break down organic matter and feed the plant roots.

Between the earthworm castings, the bat guano, and the composted forest humus, your container plants have never felt so good. And don't worry–FoxFarm uses only the highest quality, premium ingredients–no cheap fillers, no topsoil, no sludge.

Garden tip: Happy Frog® Potting Soil is perfect for container gardens. Whether you're growing a ficus in the dining room, a geranium on the patio, or a lemon tree on the deck, use our Potting Soil full strength in your containers. For a spectacular harvest, add our Happy Frog® Fruit & Flower Fertilizer. Then sit back and enjoy the results.

Embrace the Vitality of Happy Frog!"

Happy Frog® Potting Soil

Hope all is good and green with you MsBadger :)

Well I had a plant that I tries to backward engineer to become a flux. I don't know if you can really do that to a older plant.

what I did: I had four main branches that I have trained to lay in all four directions. I also clipped two other larger branches in the middle down to the four main branches. I now have little leaves coming from the nodes on the four main branches and side shoots coming from those four main branches. What's next ? Can I do what I did ? Do I need to trim the stuff at the sides ?

:lot-o-toke::smokin::thedoubletake:;)

msbadger10_028.JPG

msbadger10_027.JPG

Nope it sounds like it would work though.

Wouldn't be surprised if I saw cannabis growing in between sidewalk cracks..

I wish it grew in sidewalk cracks ! :circle-of-love:

The FoxFarm website says it does.

" Happy Frog® Potting Soil
Handcrafted in the Humboldt Nation

Your potted plants deserve the best. Their roots can't seek out nutrients in the ground, so you have to bring it to them. That's why Happy Frog® Potting Soil is alive with beneficial microbes and fungi that help break down organic matter and feed the plant roots.

Between the earthworm castings, the bat guano, and the composted forest humus, your container plants have never felt so good. And don't worry–FoxFarm uses only the highest quality, premium ingredients–no cheap fillers, no topsoil, no sludge.

Garden tip: Happy Frog® Potting Soil is perfect for container gardens. Whether you're growing a ficus in the dining room, a geranium on the patio, or a lemon tree on the deck, use our Potting Soil full strength in your containers. For a spectacular harvest, add our Happy Frog® Fruit & Flower Fertilizer. Then sit back and enjoy the results.

Embrace the Vitality of Happy Frog!"

Happy Frog® Potting Soil

I am using the fox farm recipe you gave me (35% FoxFarm Ocean Forest, 35% FoxFarm Happy Frog, 15% perlite, 15% vermiculite and mycorrhizae ) I was asking about mushroom compost because it is clean and I can get my hands on it for little cost. Just curious ? :Namaste:

Thanks King ! :thanks:

Okay so this is the big girl. She has all of a sudden started to drop fan leaves, they turn yellow and wither. I can't tell if she is ready to harvest. I believe her triches are milky and 60 percent of the pistols are brown. What does any body else think ?

04-04-2014_002.JPG

04-04-2014_001.JPG

This is my retro flux. A plant I have tried to flux after it was pretty grown. I have begun to train the branches. How do you determine which branches you allow to grow. How does the whole node thing work here ? I hope that makes sense.
:thedoubletake:

04-05-2014_fluxish_003.JPG

04-05-2014_fluxish_002.JPG

04-05-2014_fluxish_001.JPG

I started a Lowlife White Widow Autoflowering Feminised Seed and it sprouted on 02-20-2014. The plant started flowering on it's
own on 03-27-2014. The widow is 8 inches tall. Did the widow flower to soon, seems like it to me, should the plant be under 12/12 lighting ?
White_Widow_0041.JPG
White_Widow_0031.JPG
White_Widow_0061.JPG
White_Widow_0051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom