One of the df X ww seeds starting to peek out
20191016_101338.jpg

I planted 4..hoping to get at least 2 females and 2 males. Trying to breed the best pair. Dont have enough space to truly try to pheno hunt. But having my own seeds, I will be breeding through the rest of my growing days. I have one more wwa seed. I'm not sure if i want to cross with a fruity widow or blue widow. Gonna have to grow a couple out to decide

You need to give the seeds a week or two of drying out. No need to refrigerate to get it to sprout.

I tend to pollinate plants around day 18-21 (I find I get a higher rate of ladies at this time frame) and let them stay on the plant until I am ready to harvest the plant. The buds will keep the seeds nice and safe and it won't hurt them at all to stay on the plant longer. Too many people (including breeders) tend to harvest on the early side.

What about autos? Should I wait till stretch is about done? Like a week or 2 after it starts flowering

I have not worked with autos in breeding up until this point. But this is what I have found to be true for most all strains. If the plant is sexually mature (generally identified by alternating nodes) it will start showing pistils around day 8-10 after flip, So if most show at 8-10 days, assume that an auto is 8-10 days into flowering when the pistils appear. From there I would wait about 8-10 additional days and then hit it with the pollen. That should put you in the 18-20 day range.

Back
Top Bottom