420's Perfect Sun LED Dwarf Star Sponsor Grow With Mayne, Afghani Strain Coco Grow

And Bill, kept the journal glued together, LOL, Thanks Bro! Hope All is well in your day!
It's been a good day, almost finished painting the bathroom, hehe.
Your harvest is fantastic.
Those buds are beautiful. :bravo:
Nice work my friend @Mayne Hope you had a good day.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello Folks, I Proudly Present,
Black Diamonds Perfect Sun's Dwarf Star,

Light Specs

Weight: About 13 pounds. Very light.

Size: 20 inches x 20 inches x 4 inches

LEDs: Very powerful Samsung SMDs

Life Span: 50,000 hours (That is over 10 years if on every day for 12 hours a day)

Input Voltage: AC100-240V

Footprint: The light covers 3x3 feet. Max 3.5x3.5 feet.

Power consumption: (watts is average.) 240 watts (2.3 amps) on 110v outlets. On 220-240v outlets 1.3 amps.
Spectrum.png

DS-1.png

DS-2.png

DS-3.png

4.5ftpar.png

PAR.png

This grow will consist of the "Afghani" Strain, and Really, first True Run in Coco, so any input will be greatly taken!
4 part Coco Coir and 1 part CocoLoco.
Nutes will be 420
Recharge and CaliMagic, Will be used every feed, ( Everyday )
Coco was rinsed, and Buffered 2x, 10 hours each time, at 150% with a final PH of 5.5-6
PPMs of runoff is 700 after completion.

Dwarf Star will be ran at full power the entire time, following Neils suggested heights.
I did use my "PAR" meter ( HydroFarm LUX) that I calibrated to My ViparSpectra P1500, which also matched my PAR reading with my COB set-up, so its pretty dead on nuts. Does seem in concert with The Dwarf Star. May be higher, may be lower, but Till i get a real par reading on the Dwarf Star, Im rolling with it.

Seedlings are at day 4 since elongation started from the cotyledon leaves, which is when i start counting Veg days. Broke soil 8 days ago.

Currently, light is set at 4 feet with a 320 PAR reading at tops
Transplanted today from cocoloco, so power is dimmed down for the rest of the day to reduce stress.
Scrog is the plan. So will be topping for sex, and keeping what females show. Not sure if these are fem seeds, couldnt get a reply from the breeder, sooooooo, probably not, LOL, PROBABLY WONT EVEN GROW, LOL

Afghani, also known as "Afghan" and "Afghanistan," is a potent indica cannabis strain. This strain delivers a deep state of relaxation and euphoria . The flavors Afghani produces are sweet and earthy. Medical cannabis patients most commonly turn to this strain to treat insomnia, pain, and stress disorders. Afghani is named after its geographic origin, where the earliest varieties of cannabis are believed to have grown. Breeders worldwide have come to treasure this strain for its heavy resin production which is passed on genetically.
afgh.png

@Perfect Sun LED

@West Hippie

@Camaro1691

@skunksa

@Rexer

@Ljb1

@Tokin Roll

@Modest Grower

@Moony

@oldmanjj

Day4veg.png

And there they are! Thanks for Following along!
Sorry for the backpost Mayne but yer journal was just such a rich vein of knowledge drops. The PAR maps you referenced on entry#1, are they 3ft? 3.5? 4? Interesting light. Amazing genetics. Please tag me in on yer next journal if possible. Cheers.

Sorry for the backpost Mayne but yer journal was just such a rich vein of knowledge drops. The PAR maps you referenced on entry#1, are they 3ft? 3.5? 4? Interesting light. Amazing genetics. Please tag me in on yer next journal if possible. Cheers.
HEY ReservoirDog, thanks for checking out the journey..
Those measurements are Full power, and the distance is posted in Green in the corner of the each square. So 3ft is about 450 par, 3.5 ft is about 365, and 4ft is about 310par. and so on.

Funny, Im actually going to be starting a new round TODAY!
Will be posting in this journal. Im just waiting a couple more hours for my Coco to Charge up with Calmag. (12 hours, sqeeze, add fresh calmag, then 12 more hours )
Beans already popped so i have to get them into the coco today.

Going to be 100% coco, with a twist!

Stay Tuned!

HEY ReservoirDog, thanks for checking out the journey..
Those measurements are Full power, and the distance is posted in Green in the corner of the each square. So 3ft is about 450 par, 3.5 ft is about 365, and 4ft is about 310par. and so on.

Funny, Im actually going to be starting a new round TODAY!
Will be posting in this journal. Im just waiting a couple more hours for my Coco to Charge up with Calmag. (12 hours, sqeeze, add fresh calmag, then 12 more hours )
Beans already popped so i have to get them into the coco today.

Going to be 100% coco, with a twist!

Stay Tuned!
srry I meant the sides of the square. How wide, large, the coverage? Looking forward... will you show us that same light in veg again? I just popped beans and started this week myself, DWC. Cheers.

srry I meant the sides of the square. How wide, large, the coverage? Looking forward... will you show us that same light in veg again? I just popped beans and started this week myself, DWC. Cheers.
OOOOooo, ok, it is a 36in x 40in area. And yes, the entire grow will be with the PerfectSun DwarfStar once again, start to finish. Same light! Its a awesome light, I like it alot. But this time, I wont be adjusting with the dimmer, its going to be full power all the time, and adjust the height only, recommened by Neil.

OOOOooo, ok, it is a 36in x 40in area. And yes, the entire grow will be with the PerfectSun DwarfStar once again, start to finish. Same light! Its a awesome light, I like it alot. But this time, I wont be adjusting with the dimmer, its going to be full power all the time, and adjust the height only, recommened by Neil.

HEY PEOPLE, new run started. SO, the Afghani was pretty good. I somehow consumed it all already, LOL> no oil, no nothing, just joints and bowls. I was amazed by the fact that i didnt get " adapted" to it. worked everytime, LOL.

Anyways,

NEXT!!!!

Going to be a hybrid grow, Coco and DWC.
Nutes will be MC 1 part, Calmag, Recharge.

Coco was precharged for 24 hours, 700PPM and 5.8PH.

Beans currently in the coco now, both broke shell. Light will be on 24 hours for 7 days, then 20 hours 1 week, then 18/6 till flip.

Using a strainer, bucket, 4in round air stone, and 20watt air pump. There is a hole that will be used for max fill to make it easier to top off and gauge drinking amount. Water level will be 1 inch under the strainer. And, once the seedlings stretch, they will be back filled with coco to the brim of the strainers.

will be following the recommended method of operation of this light,
If you vegged under a different light, keep the plants 3 feet away from my LEDs for 7 full days. This is so they get used to the new spectrum. This is so you don't burn your plants.

Seedlings: 5 feet away

Young plants: 3 feet away

Older veg plants: 2 feet away

Flowering plants: Stay at 2 feet away until you only have 3 weeks left. Take that time to slowly lower the light every few days, until you are 18 inches away from the tops of the plants. You want the last 2 weeks to be at 18 inches away.

OK, thanks for lookin,
cheers!

day-0-1.png

day0-2.png

day0-3.png

Hey people, update. Day 32 from seed
Sex showing on all but the far left, cocoloco's
Good news, both i transplanted are both female, Plants on far right are both males,
males i already removed, and starting to get the scrog constructed to start the next phase.

day32-7.png

day32-8.png

day32-1.png

day32-2male.png

day32-3female.png

day32-4female.png

day32-5notyet.png

day32-6notyet.png

day32-9.png
Why do I find this so damn beautiful?!? Access to nature's hidden secrets is def one of horticulture's big attractions. No forced air on anything to this point, right? And that (6-8"?) airstone, did you set up on a timer or full-on? Air pump wattage? Hope it's ok I backpost like this and ask so many questions. If there's a better forum, I mean, location, to do so please advise. OK, one more ;>} What's that HVAC-looking element coming through the floor? Evacuation? Injection? RH?

HEY PEOPLE, new run started. SO, the Afghani was pretty good. I somehow consumed it all already, LOL> no oil, no nothing, just joints and bowls. I was amazed by the fact that i didnt get " adapted" to it. worked everytime, LOL.

Anyways,

NEXT!!!!

Going to be a hybrid grow, Coco and DWC.
Nutes will be MC 1 part, Calmag, Recharge.

Coco was precharged for 24 hours, 700PPM and 5.8PH.

Beans currently in the coco now, both broke shell. Light will be on 24 hours for 7 days, then 20 hours 1 week, then 18/6 till flip.

Using a strainer, bucket, 4in round air stone, and 20watt air pump. There is a hole that will be used for max fill to make it easier to top off and gauge drinking amount. Water level will be 1 inch under the strainer. And, once the seedlings stretch, they will be back filled with coco to the brim of the strainers.

will be following the recommended method of operation of this light,
If you vegged under a different light, keep the plants 3 feet away from my LEDs for 7 full days. This is so they get used to the new spectrum. This is so you don't burn your plants.

Seedlings: 5 feet away

Young plants: 3 feet away

Older veg plants: 2 feet away

Flowering plants: Stay at 2 feet away until you only have 3 weeks left. Take that time to slowly lower the light every few days, until you are 18 inches away from the tops of the plants. You want the last 2 weeks to be at 18 inches away.

OK, thanks for lookin,
cheers!

day-0-1.png

day0-2.png

day0-3.png
Good morning @Mayne Hope everything is going well this morning.
Sounds like your getting a good one going.
Just a thought. :Namaste:
Though they look appropriate I wouldn't use the dollar store strainers.
Your trusting months of work to a $1.00 part which will fail under the weight of you heavy girl.
Something more durable would be appropriate.
Just 2 cents but I'd find a sturdier item.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Good morning @Mayne Hope everything is going well this morning.
Sounds like your getting a good one going.
Just a thought. :Namaste:
Though they look appropriate I wouldn't use the dollar store strainers.
Your trusting months of work to a $1.00 part which will fail under the weight of you heavy girl.
Something more durable would be appropriate.
Just 2 cents but I'd find a sturdier item.

Bill
HEY BILL,

Yeah, i thought of that, these are pretty dam strong, definitly wont fall into the bucket, has a nice lip on the strainer. Also, they are pretty rigid throughout. Took alot of force to even indent from the other side of them. Im confident they will stand the job.

Heck, i would of paid $2 for them, :laugh:

Why do I find this so damn beautiful?!? Access to nature's hidden secrets is def one of horticulture's big attractions. No forced air on anything to this point, right? And that (6-8"?) airstone, did you set up on a timer or full-on? Air pump wattage? Hope it's ok I backpost like this and ask so many questions. If there's a better forum, I mean, location, to do so please advise. OK, one more ;>} What's that HVAC-looking element coming through the floor? Evacuation? Injection? RH?
Hey Dog, im not going to be doing the DWC for a few weeks. I want these to grow and fill the coco, and air prune from the bottom, then at about 4 weeks i will let them grow into the water DWC style. Im using 4inch round disk disfussers, using a 20watt air pump, ALOT of bubbles, but can turn the pressure down. The black tube you see going into my floor and into the basement were the dehumidifier is. Hooked up to an InkBird humidity and temp controller. So if humidity gets to high, it kicks on, if it gets to hot, it kicks on. Love it.

actually, i might wait till the 3rd round of topping before DWC, so the growth isnt so fast, from what i gather, these plants can get HUGE. I can get tighter internodlel spacing, then let them kick into high gear before flower, It would be like opening a dam for the building flower cycle. I would think anyways:ganjamon:

Day1- Day 1 (veg begins when true leaf separates from the cylodin leafs)
They opened and the journey begins!

So, this early in the process, i changed my mind on 100% power. The light is 20 inches away, and 250 PAR right now. Using 75watts.

I watered in recharge covering the entire coco surface and saturating it pretty good. Will not water for a week or so, dryness dependent.

Also have my strain going to make fem seeds, Chemdog X FireOG,

Day1-1.png

Day1-2.png

day1-3.png

Day1- Day 1 (veg begins when true leaf separates from the cylodin leafs)
They opened and the journey begins!

So, this early in the process, i changed my mind on 100% power. The light is 20 inches away, and 250 PAR right now. Using 75watts.

I watered in recharge covering the entire coco surface and saturating it pretty good. Will not water for a week or so, dryness dependent.

Also have my strain going to make fem seeds, Chemdog X FireOG,

Day1-1.png

Day1-2.png

day1-3.png
Hey @Mayne Hope you are well.
Congratulations on popping your beans.
I'd fill those solos next time, get more roots when you uppot. :thumb:
Your ladies in the big pot coco? Right.
They will starve if you wait to feed them.
They all ready look hungry.
You must give them some nutrients every day at 5.8 ph.
No plain water ever.
Also that tap root is looking for water.
You have to give it something to chase.
Just 2 cents.
Have a good day my friend.

Bill

Hey Bill, thanks for stopping by! We ride again, LOL..

Yeap, tap root of the PFG is already out of the bottom of the strainer, so I did fill the bucket and air is running.
5.8 PH
68F water temp
200PPM nutes- 120 tap-80 MC
Plenty of calmag in the coco right now i would think.

Also, im changing some things i think. I know these are fem seeds, i know they are great genetics. SO, i think im going to 3 gallon the bucket size, reduce to just 1 plant, the PFG, veg it out, and scrog it.

Going to pull the Cherry Atomic and just 1 gallon coco grow it on the side. probably clone it and have it ready for next run.

I just think, proper DWC run, I wont have room for 2. ANd i would be able to better keep just her in tune.

So if i veg this one out for a good 6-7 weeks, she should be a monster.
Maybe even hit the 12oz mark, but shooting for 1lb. that would be slightly over 2g per watt.

Sooo, thats the plan bro, please continue to drop the knowledge, and have a great rest of your evening Bill!.

Hey Bill, thanks for stopping by! We ride again, LOL..

Yeap, tap root of the PFG is already out of the bottom of the strainer, so I did fill the bucket and air is running.
5.8 PH
68F water temp
200PPM nutes- 120 tap-80 MC
Plenty of calmag in the coco right now i would think.

Also, im changing some things i think. I know these are fem seeds, i know they are great genetics. SO, i think im going to 3 gallon the bucket size, reduce to just 1 plant, the PFG, veg it out, and scrog it.

Going to pull the Cherry Atomic and just 1 gallon coco grow it on the side. probably clone it and have it ready for next run.

I just think, proper DWC run, I wont have room for 2. ANd i would be able to better keep just her in tune.

So if i veg this one out for a good 6-7 weeks, she should be a monster.
Maybe even hit the 12oz mark, but shooting for 1lb. that would be slightly over 2g per watt.

Sooo, thats the plan bro, please continue to drop the knowledge, and have a great rest of your evening Bill!.
2g/watt in coco is doable.
Depends on your light and how big you can get her in 7 weeks.
Unless she is scrogged out to the max it will be tough though.
It's a trade off.
Longer veg would do if for sure.
But you can't veg forever either so 12 oz is very respectable.
I would pound out clones for production only at a month to 6 weeks.
Minimal training pulled 4-6 per plant easily, but 12-16 will take time.
Good luck , sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place.
Have a great day.

Bill

day2 germination- alot of growth, will backfill when liftoff of the cyclionions leafs, tomorrow maybe. Looks like the FireDawg is ahead! ( actually, updated, i back filled as soon as i hit reply, LOL. those tiny hairs are roots, and gettting them covered NOW was the best time to. Backfilled are last 2 pics on this post. Pretty sure they grew like another 1/2 inch since i took the pics, like 45 minutes ago, LOL>

changed water, its now 250 PPMs, 5.8 PH
Will keep it there for 7 days, then bump to 300, then 350, ect weekly. till i hit 600 inveg, should be around week 8 veg, then flip, MAYBE, Might be sooner, i fully expect to fill the entire scrogg 3x3.5

day2germ-1.png

day2germ-2.png

day2germ-3.png

day2germ-4.png

day2germ-5.png

day2germ-6.png

Day5 germination-

Raised PPMs to 500---120 tap, 210 Calmag, 170 MC
Clearly needed more,
250 PAR
still on 24/0 schedule

day5germ-1.png

day5germ-2.png

day5germ-3.png

day5germ-4.png

day 7-Veg they lifted off the clydion leafs, so now its day 1 veg.

Not doing DWC now, changed my mind. PH swings to much, checking PH and water temp, meh..

So, going to grow them in the strainer, letting them air prune from underneither. Then around week 4 or so, size dependent, Im going to simply fill the black bucket with coco, and set the strainer right back in, so kinda like uppotting, but zero root disturbination. should be stress free. then the roots can run and get ready for flower for 2-3 weeks. Back filling tomorrow, coco is charging. Will be watered every single day. Hooking up the auto watererer tomorrow

74F
65RH
350 PPM
350 PAR
85 watts
19 inches off

day7-2.png

day7-3.png

day7-4.png

day7-1.png

so anyways, i came up with this brilliant idea,

Im getting Neils Perfect Nutes, within the next week! If you guys havent seen his grow, its a must look!

Back
Top Bottom