480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Heres the Casey Jones at 5 weeks flowering.

Things are not looking good for her and getting worse. the Zinc def is really getting her good. i dont know what to do? ive tried every thing from giving chelated Zinc/iron, to a micro nute Foliar spray. i think the problem is with the Soil/coco mix and its staying to wet and not enough drainage and her roots got damaged, she isnt really drinking anything at all. today i fed her with Some Humic acid to see if she is locked up or something.

She has a time line and if i dont see things getting better she is going to get pulled! no sense in waisting more time and just start over again, it sucks and ive wanted this strain for a long time.

Their allot worse looking in person, the led lights make them no look as bad.lol

100_4171.JPG
100_4174.JPG
100_4176.JPG
100_4180.JPG
100_4178.JPG
100_4183.JPG
100_4185.JPG
100_4182.JPG

Now they are starting to look bad to me. To you plan to try and harvest the trichomes at least?

just popping in for a quick comment, then back to the to-do list ;)

if you're gonna yank 'em, I'd give them a real good flush first to see if they get better.

you got nothing to lose at that point anyway and flushing can often improve things.

I know you said the medium doesn't drain well, so a heavy flush might just kill them, but tipping the pots helps get as much out as possible, and again, you got nothing to lose at that point.

I agree with Doc that there's so many variables and things that can go wrong with a grow that pinning the issue on one thing or another is just guessing at the problem.

You have lots of experience, and your "guesses" are more educated than most, but there's just too many possibilities.

Now, if you were the kind of grower who always grew the same strain using the same setup and nutes, it would be easier to narrow things down, but damn, that would be boring, lol.

Yep....pull 'em. That's not the kind of bud you grow.
they have to next weekend, because thats when i can get new clones.
Now they are starting to look bad to me. To you plan to try and harvest the trichomes at least?
lol. now u agree to pull them?lol. ya they look pretty bad. ill try to see what i can do for some hash. its real sad to pull them, they were so healthy a few weeks ago.
just popping in for a quick comment, then back to the to-do list ;)

if you're gonna yank 'em, I'd give them a real good flush first to see if they get better.

you got nothing to lose at that point anyway and flushing can often improve things.

I know you said the medium doesn't drain well, so a heavy flush might just kill them, but tipping the pots helps get as much out as possible, and again, you got nothing to lose at that point.

I agree with Doc that there's so many variables and things that can go wrong with a grow that pinning the issue on one thing or another is just guessing at the problem.

You have lots of experience, and your "guesses" are more educated than most, but there's just too many possibilities.

Now, if you were the kind of grower who always grew the same strain using the same setup and nutes, it would be easier to narrow things down, but damn, that would be boring, lol.

i agree, to many things have changed and its hard to say whats what? all i know is something not right.lol

i truly think the Humic will be as good as it gets. everything ive read says humic should help the medium big time and if its a medium problem i think it will cure it. before i pull i will flush them big time to see if that helps, if not and it kills them well that cool because i rather them to die like that them me to pull them.

i think Humic will help though if theirs any chance. somethings bind up or something, i fed them the zinc.iron thing you guys said and still trouble, that chelated stuff should have done the trick. somethings binding up or locking out or roots damage

What up, Irish!

Yeah, I have added humic acid in the form of a product called Diamond Black from General Organics, it's completely organic. I use it every watering and have since the 2nd week of Veg when I first got the product. The guy down at the Hydro store turned me on to it, saying when using Coco it helps to make healthy, abundant roots that easily take in nutes. I also added something called Subculture-M the 2nd week of Veg which is supposed to work with the Diamond Black. Nice thing about the Diamond Black is you really can't over-do it as far as I know. I add 10ml of Diamond Black per gallon of R/O. So, adding the humates is a very good idea, from early on, all through the full life cycle of the plant. Hope everything turns out for ya!

Diamond Black:

Diamond Black General Organics Diamond Black is derived from 100% pure mined Leonardite, a naturally occurring form of carbon drawn from prehistoric peat bogs.

Part of the new General Organics (GO) line from General Hydroponics, liquid formula Diamond Black provides your plants with the right amount of humic acid to develop strong roots.

It contains a high percentage of plant-active humates which supports beneficial microbial activity in soils and increases micronutrient availability.

Use Diamond Black with any type of garden soils or potting mixes during all phases of plant growth.

NPK: 0-0-1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SubCulture-M
Mycorrhizal Root Inoculant

• Builds strong root systems
• Greatly increases root mass to enhance
growth and yield
• Helps plants absorb nutrients and water
more efficiently

SubCulture-M is a Mycorhizae Root Inoculant that contains a wide diversity of endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi that colonize plant roots. These beneficial fungi form a fine network of fibrous strands that serve as an extension of the plants root system; increasing root area and helping plants absorb water and nutrients. Use SubCulture-M from germination or propagation all the way through harvest. Reduce the amount of fertilizer and still achieve superior growth and huge yields.

Subculture-B:
Bacterial Root Inoculant

• Selected microbes are cultured to live in
high salt environments
• Biologically aids nutrient absorption

SubCulture-B is a probiotic inoculum of beneficial microorganisms that will help increase the vitality and yield in all plants. Whether in soil or hydroponics, our proprietary blend of bacteria and trichoderma fungi colonize the root zone and media to form a symbiotic relationship with your plants. Root systems will increase, as well as nutrient absorption; thus creating bigger, healthier plants. Start with SubCulture-M, add SubCulture-B to establish root systems.
The 50/50 mix of Coco and soil may also, in combination with the LED, be staying much too wet and not allowing enough Oxygen to get to the roots. The Coco holds A LOT of water and it could make for a 'muddy' environment for the roots. Just some random thoughts.

P.S. If I remember correctly, weren't you having troubles with these CJ clones from the beginning and had to get a new set of clones from your local club?

hey man, im thinkin of making organic teas for my next grow i dont know a whole lot on makin teas but a little and thinking of using, kelp, bat guano, and earthworm casting. i believe ur doin teas on this grow right? how often do you do up a batch of tea, every feeding or every other?

Ouch!! Damn, those hurt, irish!! Hopefully the humic will do some good!
i hope so
What up, Irish!

Yeah, I have added humic acid in the form of a product called Diamond Black from General Organics, it's completely organic. I use it every watering and have since the 2nd week of Veg when I first got the product. The guy down at the Hydro store turned me on to it, saying when using Coco it helps to make healthy, abundant roots that easily take in nutes. I also added something called Subculture-M the 2nd week of Veg which is supposed to work with the Diamond Black. Nice thing about the Diamond Black is you really can't over-do it as far as I know. I add 10ml of Diamond Black per gallon of R/O. So, adding the humates is a very good idea, from early on, all through the full life cycle of the plant. Hope everything turns out for ya!

The 50/50 mix of Coco and soil may also, in combination with the LED, be staying much too wet and not allowing enough Oxygen to get to the roots. The Coco holds A LOT of water and it could make for a 'muddy' environment for the roots. Just some random thoughts.

P.S. If I remember correctly, weren't you having troubles with these CJ clones from the beginning and had to get a new set of clones from your local club?

i was going to get the GO Humic but i notice the Optium-hydroponix brand was only $10 and the same exact thing, but vacum sealed for freshness, so i picked that one up instead. Age old makes one of the better ones thats 12% not like the GO witch is 6%, but i cant find it local.

i do think the Humic is my best bet to helping them on whatever it is, like i said i think its the medium staying too wet and compacting and not letting any air to the roots, and humic is sad to help with this in clay/compact soils. and if it is a look up or a salt build up from the DM red since the soil wont let out any run off the humic should help their also and free things up and chelate things for the plant to take up.

the Subculture-M is a product that adds micro life to ur soil/roots. kinda the same thing as great white or Mykos, good stuff to have, but pretty pricey, the humic acid and carbs will make them thrive.

hey man, im thinkin of making organic teas for my next grow i dont know a whole lot on makin teas but a little and thinking of using, kelp, bat guano, and earthworm casting. i believe ur doin teas on this grow right? how often do you do up a batch of tea, every feeding or every other?

EWC, Seaweed/Kelp,molasses,humic acid, being bubbled so tea dosent go bad.
in flower you can add guano, just make sure to where a face mask and eye protection, DO NOT BREATH GUANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its very dangerous

Compost Tea » Age Old Organics offers Organic Fertilizers, Organic Nutrients for hydroponic and soil applications

feed teas once a week and always every other watering.

Yes, they are a bit expensive and that's why I only grabbed that M version of the Subculture. It is much like Mykos and the Humic acid feeds these little micros so I have been adding it EVERY watering. I think it's saved my ass without me knowing it, which I can appreciate. Sometimes the hydro guys aren't just up selling a product, the product actually works!

:bongrip:

Yes, they are a bit expensive and that's why I only grabbed that M version of the Subculture. It is much like Mykos and the Humic acid feeds these little micros so I have been adding it EVERY watering. I think it's saved my ass without me knowing it, which I can appreciate. Sometimes the hydro guys aren't just up selling a product, the product actually works!

:bongrip:

IMO its allot cheaper to by the Mykos, because you only add it when planting and you dont need to add it every watering. also you just want the endo mycorrhiza. the ecto mycorrhiza is for long term plants like tree ect.. also when you get the powered mycorrhizal its not as strong and the more grain type. its kinda like other things that get cut down and their less potent, if you know what i mean.lol

just a little info on the whole mycorrhiza thing

I don't add the Subculture every water. I add the Humic acid which is cheap. I only added the Subculture twice. I got it after I planted the clones so I wasn't able to add it during planting. I'm just keeping the micros alive with the Diamond Black(Humic Acid). You can add the Subculture every water, but I agree that would be a waste. The Humic acids keep what you add alive.

I don't add the Subculture every water. I add the Humic acid which is cheap. I only added the Subculture twice. I got it after I planted the clones so I wasn't able to add it during planting. I'm just keeping the micros alive with the Diamond Black(Humic Acid). You can add the Subculture every water, but I agree that would be a waste. The Humic acids keep what you add alive.

ya Humic acid is good stuff.

form the looks of things but not 100% sure it looks like the feeding with Humic acid and seaweed is helping. its only been a day so hard to say but from the looks of things looks better to me unless i am just getting my hopes up?lol

those are some wonderful lookin plants . u gonna have some nice colas there too. :goodjob:

how tall are they?

Looking amazing Irish, very nice as usual..

Back
Top Bottom