4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

"Thanks 420, I always thought a burp was to open and close. It always seemed odd to me that opening the jar for a second or two would have much of a affect on the buds. Its good to know I can leave them open for more than the open and close of the jar. Thanks again..."
SONZOR

I just got back from a lil vacation and i left my jars closed the whole time and the curing smell when i opened them was unbelievable. and these nugs were are very tight.I dont suggest leaving them closed all that long when first curing. But, when their done and properly cured you dont have to much to worry about after the process is where you want it to be.

420fied- i must of missed what was the totlal count.how much after drying?

I just got back from a lil vacation and i left my jars closed the whole time and the curing smell when i opened them was unbelievable. and these nugs were are very tight.I dont suggest leaving them closed all that long when first curing. But, when their done and properly cured you dont have to much to worry about after the process is where you want it to be.

420fied- i must of missed what was the totlal count.how much after drying?

A shade over 27 ounces.

I've heard you can over-cure, as the starches convert to sugars, the aroma and flavor of the bud will really pop, but if you leave it in too long, the sugars start to break down, and it begins to effect the taste..I don't know if this is true, but I've read it in various places and publications, whats your opinion of that, seeing as how you are living the experiment as we speak?:Rasta:

its been fine as far as my situation is. I'm sure thiers some truth to that. Some of the friend in my crcle have got nugs from a couple years back.thier sealed up literally. but anytime they open the jar..it makes me want to faint. In my gallerie of photos thiers a pict of rainbow kush. i harvested sometime ago and its been sealed for months(and i mean vacume sealed the lids)and it looks and smells just as great as when it was first harvested. but again, i'm sure thiers some truth to what you've been told.My worst nightmare is that i unseel the jar and the nugs crumble.So i'm very careful when it come to seeling after curing.

both light and oxygen well degrade THC and other cannabanoids. so if you are opening the jar regularly or have it exposed to light, the smoke will degrade. however if it is vacuum sealed and all the light is blocked weed should hold its potency for a reasonable amount of time (few years maybe?)

so what you said is true, only, the sugars need light or o2 to break down, so to store it for a long time you need to block the light and fresh o2 from entering the system.

WOF

Alright everyone....

We chopped on the 9th/10th. They hung in the dark for 4 days in 68* with 45-50% RH.

When they went in the jars on the 14th they were pretty crispy. They softened up nice and have been burped for 4 days. I burp mine a little longer than some(2-4 hrs). They are smokeable at this point. When you put them in a bag and carry them around for an hour they shape down into some fine looking nuggets.

nug1_2.jpg

nug1_1.jpg

nug2_1.jpg

nug2_w.jpg

I've grown this strain in soil and my pheno never has been super frosty. Although my camera sucks, you can still see that they frosted up fairly nice.

nice small buds!
and i got same scale like you!:D

I just discovered your journal today, and have spent the last little while (2 hours. give and take food and distractions). I have to say that this is one of the most amazing grows i have ever seen! The bud looks great, the smoke sounds amazing, and you documented everything so damn well. I can aspire to grow as good as you can.

My only sadness about the journal is that you didn't get a group picture at the end to show the marvelous 27 and a bit ounces. That probably would of brought a tear to my eye.

+ as many reps as possible! Amazing grow!

I just discovered your journal today, and have spent the last little while (2 hours. give and take food and distractions). I have to say that this is one of the most amazing grows i have ever seen! The bud looks great, the smoke sounds amazing, and you documented everything so damn well. I can aspire to grow as good as you can.

My only sadness about the journal is that you didn't get a group picture at the end to show the marvelous 27 and a bit ounces. That probably would of brought a tear to my eye.

+ as many reps as possible! Amazing grow!

Thank you. I'm sorry about not getting it all in 1 pic. All I can say is that folks were waiting....lol

Dude those outdoor girls look so fucking SWEET :surf: gives me the munchies just looking at them :popcorn: and A++++ on the aero :ganjamon:

Great site selection for the outdoor ladies. They get plenty of sun but you would practically have to trip on them to see them. :goodjob:

Looking very nice, those plants have gotten huge. Great job..

Back
Top Bottom