4x4 Tent Grow: Grape Ape, Strawberry Cough and Snow Dog

good luck my man. :)

HARVEST UPDATE!!!

Sorry for the overly long delay in updating this journal, but unfortunately a world does exist outside this forum (though I like this world better :) ). Since the last update, I have harvested the rest of the original batch of plants, but am continuing with my perpetual harvest setup. Now in the flower tent is 1 Snow Dog, 2 Strawberry Cough, 2 Grapefruit, and 2 Grape Ape (at least I think they are). In my vegging area I have 2 Jack Herrers, 2 Wonder Women, 4 Alaskan Thunderfucks, 1 Cali Mist, 1 Strawberry Cough, and I'm germinating a few Blueberry Trinity seeds as well. Fun times definitely to come :) I will most likely start a new grow journal for my now perpetual harvest dealio, so keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, on to the harvest!

I had to harvest several of the plants early due to their turning hermie on me, especially seeing as I had just put a couple of the clones that were in veg into the flower tent, and I didn't want them to get pollinated at all. As a result, they weren't all able to reach full maturity before I cut them down, lessening my yield somewhat. All the plants had a significant nutrient issue early on in their flowering (read: they were being fed 1/5th the amount they needed for the first month of flowering... stupid mistake on my part). Though it was only on the smaller, popcorn nugs, all of the plants had at least a few seeds due to this. No sweat, just have some more seeds of wonderful strains to play with in the future! Hopefully I'll be able to avoid this issue as much as I can in the upcoming crops.

Grape Ape:

This lil' lady grew short and dense, but definitely packs some of the heaviest sugar-coated nugs. I am still waiting for it to cure another week or so, but it has a wonderful taste and scent that just stays in your nose and mouth (in the best of ways). It is a Indica-heavy strain, so I decided to harvest while the tricomes were about 50-75% cloudy to try and get a more even head/body high mix... and it most definitely worked well. It hits my noggin hard almost instantly after the first hit, but soon mellows down to a nice, fairly long lasting beautiful high. Not couch-lock, not soaringly cerebral, just a nice all around blend.
Yield: 18g dry

IMG_06031.jpg

IMG_06052.jpg

IMG_06231.jpg

IMG_06153.JPG

IMG_06173.JPG

Snow Dog:

The snow dogs were somewhat the runts of the litter, never growing to big or bushy (it also didn't help that I had to chop off a couple decently large branches due to late-flower pollen sacks showing up). But what lacked in quantity was most definitely made up for in quality. It is a heavy hitting Sativa that almost takes you by surprise when you hit it. A friend of mine worded it best when he said "It's like walking through the park and then randomly getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson, except without the pain... and I've never had to take the elevator to go up one floor before." That pretty much sums it up!
Yield: 22g dry between two small plants

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_05882.JPG

IMG_05893.JPG

IMG_05963.JPG

Strawberry Coughs:

These were the most interesting of the bunch. In total, there were 4 strawberry cough plants, but they appeared to be of two different sub varieties. Seeing as these seeds were found previously in a batch of very delicious strawberry cough, I am assuming that two of the plants were more like the original strain, and the other two may have been hybridized by some other lovely plant. Either way, I was very pleased with how both came out, for the most part. The first two St Coughs were shorter, denser, and had bud formation more similar to the Grape Ape (denser/compact). After curing, they definitely give a decently strong strawberry odor when you stick you nose in the jar, but it truly shines once you break it up. Unfortunately, I don't have pics of those two plants. However, the other two were definitely the stars of the bunch. They grew much taller (some stretching, but not too bad), and had much larger colas and yielded significantly more. The smell stayed incredibly strong from plant, to drying, to curing... and is one of the sweetest (literally) smelling buds my nose has come across. They are super light and fluffy, but still gave somewhat decent yield. Needless to say, both smoke sooo well, and are the type of Sativas where you smoke, then stand up to do something, immediately forget what you got up to do, and stand in the middle of the room slightly wobbling back and forth for 5 minutes trying to think of why you got up in the first place. Probably my favorite smokes of the lot. The pics below are of the second two plants.
Yield:
Smaller 2 Plants: 23 grams dry
Bigger 2 Plants: 52 grams dry

IMG_06525.jpg

IMG_06511.jpg

IMG_06363.JPG

Back
Top Bottom