4x4 Tent Grow: Grape Ape, Strawberry Cough and Snow Dog

Update: Day 24

Everyone is continuing to steadily grow happier and healthier. I finally started them on their full dose of nutes today (I had them on a lower dosage and wanted to wait until they were all settled in their new pots before dishing out the extra helping of nutrients). Now that they are all settled and receiving all the food they could want, I'm expecting (well, hoping at least) to see some impressive growth over the next two weeks. Hopefully during that time I will be able to sex all of them, and I am now thinking that I'll place the remaining females into much larger pots. I figured that because the tent isn't lacking in vertical space (8 feet tall), and there is only so much lateral space (4' x 4'), I may as well let them get some good height before I begin flowering. I will most likely go with 5 gallon buckets and just let them go crazy!

IMG_02107.JPG

IMG_02073.JPG

IMG_02047.JPG

IMG_02116.JPG

Update: Day 31

Everyone is continuing to spring up quite happily. Most of the plants have revealed their gender, and of the 16 that were left, there are 6 confirmed females and 4 confirmed males. The six remaining plants are just starting to grow their preflowers, but a few of them are looking promising with what appears to be immature female pre-flowers, but I'll give them another week or so before I can say for certain. That being said, I am very relieved that there are already at least 6 females... and if I can get two more females I will be more than happy. I two clones of each of the 16 plants about a week ago... I'm not sure if I will be planning on doing a perpetual harvest setup, but at least the clones are there if I do decide to do so. I am going to go buy larger pots (most likely 5 gallons+) and transplant at least 2 or 3 of the confirmed females soon... I really want to utilize all this vertical space in the tent, and the current 3 gallon pots are a somewhat significant limiting factor. But of course, I'll quickly run out of lateral room, but we'll see how it turns out.

IMG_02204.JPG

IMG_02217.JPG

IMG_02245.JPG

IMG_02278.JPG

IMG_02289.JPG

And a pic of the clones... most of which are doing quite well so far:

IMG_02309.JPG

Yeah, if it gets to the point where you have to almost make another tent on top of your tent, it somewhat defeats the point of getting the tent in the first place. When did you buy your tent?

I bought mine at maryland hydro, cheap prices but I had issues with them. Your plants are coming along nicely. I remember looking over those seeds but forgot who has the strawberry cough seeds? I was also looking for the original cough too but never stumbled upon those.

Update: Day 35 (Day 3 of 12/12)

I decided it was time to take Screwnuts33's advice and switched over to 12/12 three days ago. I was underestimating how much larger these plants will get while flowering, and now with 8 confirmed females (and 3 that haven't shown their sex yet), space is definitely going to get tight. Oh well, let the jungle grow!

In preparation for the stankiness to come, I bought a pretty large (at least for the tent) can filter to keep the neighbors' noses out of my business, and rerouted the ducting so the exhaust goes through the hood and out of the tent (filter>fan>hood>out of the tent).

For flowering nutrients, I bought some of Canna's best fully organic goodness: Bio Flores, Cannazym, Bio Boost and PK 13/14. They all cost a pretty penny, so I'm hoping it will really pay off in the end. Tomorrow I am going to get my Co2 tank filled and set up the Co2 injection kit.

Most of the clones have sprouted plenty of roots, and I will be putting them in small pots over the next day or two, and will veg them for a while under the T5 fluorescent fixture I used for the seedlings. If I plan everything right, I'm hoping to toss them in the tent with the other flowering beauties in a couple weeks... I'm going to prop them up around the perimeter of the tent so the big plants don't block all the light. I'm not really trying to make the clones huge yielders or anything... just a little extra harvest to have after the main harvest.

Here are some up to date pics:

IMG_02375.JPG

IMG_02388.JPG

IMG_02344.JPG

IMG_02425.JPG

Update: Day 4 of 12/12

I found one more male today, so after removing it from the tent I was able to arrange the remaining 9 into a more even, spread out grid. The 10th plant is a little runt that I tossed in on the side to see how it does. For some reason it just doesn't want to stretch or grow, even though it has just as many nodes as all the others. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to squeeze a couple grams out of it. I'm using the MH light for the first two weeks of 12/12 to help minimize stretch, which seems to be working so far. I'll be tossing up the HPS soon enough though.

One of the ladies has already started forming buds very fast. It's only been 4 days since I switched to 12/12, so I'm very surprised (but in no way upset) to see this already :)

Also, I finally got around to planting the 15 rooted clones into pots, and tossed them under the T5 fixture in my closet.

Thanks to everyone following along!

IMG_02465.JPG

IMG_02473.JPG

IMG_02492.JPG

IMG_02503.JPG

And here are some pics of the overachiever's little buds:

IMG_02536.JPG

IMG_02564.jpg

And here are the clones:

IMG_02606.JPG

Looks like the ladies are cruising right along!
I have one concern though, thats the grape ape. Did you or a buddy x-breed these yourselves? As far as I know its a clone only plant, and was wondering where the seeds come from (cause I want some lol). I used to have some Grape Ape clones and LOVED em, tastes like fruity pebbles.....mmmm yummy. Anyways just wanted to say hi, and wish you luck on blooming em out.

Does your tent have 2 doors, from the looks of it it does? Can't wait to see how full it gets.

Yeah, the tent has an entrance on the front and on the back. The front entrance consists of two flaps that actually make up the entire front wall of the tent. The back entrance is a smaller roll-up flap that is about half the width of the tent. It really makes life easier being able to get in from both sides.

Looks like the ladies are cruising right along!
I have one concern though, thats the grape ape. Did you or a buddy x-breed these yourselves? As far as I know its a clone only plant, and was wondering where the seeds come from (cause I want some lol). I used to have some Grape Ape clones and LOVED em, tastes like fruity pebbles.....mmmm yummy. Anyways just wanted to say hi, and wish you luck on blooming em out.

Oh, I was unaware that it is a clone-only plant. A buddy of mine got his hands on a batch of grape ape grown outdoors, and out of about 10 ounces, there were 2 or 3 nugs that happened to have seeds. It is more than possible that there were some other strains growing outdoors in or near the plot where the grape ape was being grown, and could have been lightly pollinated by one of them. If true grape ape is now a clone only plant, then I would guess this is the case. Either way, I'm happy to have any of the grape ape's genetics, and am excited to see how it turns out with the mystery DNA!

hey dude. just stopped. great strains. great equipment. very clean. definately +rep.

that 3 leaf was very strange. i don't supose you kept any pollen (if there even was any yet) or a clone. that mutation is something i'd love to try and breed into a strain. very interesting. keep up the good work. i'm here for the long haul.

Back
Top Bottom