4x4 Tent Grow: Grape Ape, Strawberry Cough and Snow Dog

Thanks everyone!

They are looking good. Have they started to stretch yet?

I'm actually very surprised (and pleased) at how little stretching they've done. The two taller plants maybe put on another two inches or so over the past week or two, but the rest haven't really done much at all. We'll see if that trend continues in the upcoming weeks.

Update: Day 11 of 12/12

After keeping the metal halide up for the first week or so of 12/12 (to help minimize stretch), I switched over to the HPS a couple days ago. Most of them have started forming little baby buds already, and it's quickly starting to get stinky in there. The "overachiever" plant's buds are continuing to grow larger and larger, at a rate much quicker than any of the others... they are surprisingly large for only 11 days of 12/12. Again, I have no qualms with this :)

The clones are also coming up quite nicely. I also was given two new additions to the clone room courtesy of sublime42x89 and his grapefruit grow. Big thanks to him for the gifts!

Thanks again for all the positive comments and big thanks to everyone following along!

IMG_02794.JPG

IMG_02804.JPG

IMG_02864.JPG

IMG_02814.JPG

IMG_02842.JPG

And here are some bud shots from the overachiever:

IMG_02745.jpg

IMG_02723.JPG

And the clones:

IMG_02777.JPG

Update: Day 18 of 12/12

The ladies are moving right along in their bud development. Most of the plants' buds are about dime size right now, except of course for the one overachiever, with its buds continuing to grow significantly faster than the rest, and are starting to get nice and crystaly :)

I finally got around to filling my Co2 tank a couple days ago, and setup the injection kit. I think I've already notice a little increase in the plants' growth rates from it already.

The clones have been putting on some size, and are will need to be transplanted into larger pots very soon. I wasn't originally planning on setting up a separate vegging room, but I'm starting to think that I'll go ahead and get another one of the T5 4-bulb fluorescent fixtures and keeping a separate veg area. I'm trying to avoid putting up the Metal Halide I previously used for vegging in order to keep energy bills down, but having two of those T5 lamps might not be significantly cheaper anyway, so we'll see.

Small Issues:

- While watering today, I noticed one of the plants had starting going hermie and had developed 3 fat pollen sacs one node below one of the main colas. So, rather than attempting to surgically remove the three sacs without rupturing them, I just snipped that whole stem right under the node with the sacs. Luckily I FIMed this plant and there are 2 other main colas to pick up the slack. I checked all the other branches, but it looks like this was an isolated incident. I'll keep my eye on her just in case she wants to grow some more balls.

- A couple of the plants' fan leaves have been changing color, shriveling up and then dying. After pruning a disheartening amount of these dying leaves from one of the plants, I researched what the issue is, and it looks like they are getting too high of a dose of nutrients. All of the other plants have been fine, so I'm going to flush the sick ones with plain water during the next watering, and then lessen their nute dosage.

IMG_03564.JPG

IMG_03466.JPG

IMG_03588.JPG

IMG_03502.JPG

IMG_03513.JPG

IMG_03625.JPG

The clones:

IMG_03634.JPG

The hoses for the Co2 injection kit:

IMG_03294.JPG

comin along beautifully pedestrian :slide:

you're gonna have a great harvest :yummy:

dro :popcorn:

Update: Day 24 of 12/12

For the most part, all the plants are continuing to chug away growing some nugs. However, I did encounter 2 issues... well one issue, and one very large oversight:

-The first issue was too low of humidity causing some of the leaves of two of the plants to wither and die. It took me several days to notice and diagnose the problem, but I got a humidifier in there now that seems to be doing the trick.

- The second problem was just a stupid error on my part. The flower nutrients I use list the recommended ml per gallon to be used. Well, I mix the water/nutrients in a 5 gallon jug, but only included the recommended dose of nutrients for just one gallon. So, for the past 3 weeks since they've started flowering, I've been giving them 1/5th the nutrients they require. Luckily that has been enough so far to keep them alive and pretty healthy, but I had been noticing that two of the plants are a much paler shade of green than the others (indicating low nutrients), and that several of the plants are producing buds/crystals much slower than the rest. I finally gave them their full dose of nutrients during today's watering, and I can't wait to see what these girls will do now that they are being fed properly. I'm glad I caught this stupid mistake only 3 weeks into flowering, so at least they'll be getting their full dose during the more important stages of flowering.

Other than that, everyone has been just doing their thing. I'm especially excited about the "overachiever" plant that continues to grow nugs significantly faster than the rest. It's already pretty caked in crystals, and has such a marvelous aroma.

I also have one plant that I lovingly call "Bonsai Bud" (and the runt), as for some reason it is only about 10 inches tall, even though it has been grown in the exact same conditions as the others. It is just as mature and has just as many nodes as the other plants, but it's just much smaller, and has been like this since it sprouted. Anyone have any idea why this might be?

As for the clones, I went ahead and decided to make a permanent separate vegging area for when I continue to grow new clones/seedlings. I bought a 400MH/HPS switchable light/ballast/hood from Sun Systems for the job. I have some refining to do to the setup before it's complete, but it's fine for now.

IMG_04014.JPG

IMG_03722.JPG

IMG_04065.jpg

IMG_04086.jpg

IMG_03762.JPG

IMG_04054.JPG

IMG_03814.JPG

And here is a pic of the "Bonsai" runt:

IMG_03833.jpg

And the little veg setup:

IMG_03953.jpg

Update: Flower day 27 bud shots

Here are just some pics of some of the buds on day 27 of flower. With how many crystals they are already forming, I can't wait to see what the next 3-4 weeks will bring!

IMG_04143.jpg

IMG_04274.jpg

IMG_04243.JPG

IMG_04184.jpg

IMG_04162.JPG

IMG_04153.JPG

IMG_04105.JPG

damn Ped, they are looking great! keep it up man.

Update: Day 40 of flower

It's been a little while since my last update, and there have been a few significant developments since :)

First, I ended up harvesting two of the plants a little over a week ago. Despite only being about a month into flowering, both the "Bonsai" runt and the overachiever were a lot closer to the finish line than most other plants are at that stage. Although the runt definitely could have used more time to fill out more, I decided to chop her down so I could clear up some much needed space in the tent, seeing as it wasn't going to yield much anyway (I was right, yielded 3.7 grams dry). The overachiever, however, I harvested early for a much different reason. After I noticed one of the other plants had one or two seeds forming, I found that the overachiever was the culprit. It apparently starting turning hermie fairly late into flowering, and I didn't notice until very late because the largish buds hid the pollen sacs from view. So, I decided to giver her/him the chop to spare the rest of the plants. Luckily it was only about another week or two from being ready to harvest anyway, so I didn't loose too too much yield and potency harvesting early. After drying and curing for about a week, total yield came out to 32 grams. I must say, despite the issues, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the smoke. It hits fast and hard with a warm and fuzzy head high, yet still has an earthy body high undertone.

Everyone else in the tent is bulking and crystaling up nice and steady, and it is getting marvelously stanky in there. I think another 2 weeks or so and these lovely ladies will finally be ready for harvest... which couldn't have come at a better time. I've been vegging my clones in the separate veg setup while the others flower, but the clones are getting big and need to start flowering soon. After harvesting the two plants I mentioned above, I had enough room to toss in the biggest clone (taken from the overachiever). I have been messing around with LST on the clones, and I'm really liking the results so far. Once I harvest and put the big clones into the tent for flower, I have some Alaskan Thunderfuck, Wonderwoman and Jack Herrer sprouts ready to hop in the veg chamber. My aim is to have a perpetual harvest setup where I harvest about once a month or so.

IMG_05004.JPG

IMG_05024.JPG

IMG_05253.jpg

IMG_05123.JPG

IMG_05402.JPG

And here are pics from harvesting the runt:

h18.jpg

h25.jpg

h35.jpg

h45.JPG

IMG_05591.JPG

IMG_05612.jpg

IMG_05651.JPG

And here are pics from the overachiever's harvest:

IMG_04894.JPG

Some of the larger buds hanging...

IMG_04933.JPG

IMG_04953.JPG

Dried and Curing

IMG_05451.JPG

IMG_05482.JPG

IMG_05492.jpg

question: if you toss that over achiever clone in, are you worried about it seeding the other plants when it goes hermie in late flowering?

That's one of the main things I am worried about with those clones. I am hoping that the plant turned hermie due to stress related issues caused by me, rather than genetics. But I am definitely keeping a close close eye on them to make sure that they don't.

Back
Top Bottom