79 Xmas Bud IBL

Day 60. Flowering them tonight!!! cant wait to flip the switch and find out in a week or so whats what!
DSC08667.JPG
DSC08668.JPG
DSC08669.JPG
DSC08671.JPG
DSC08670.JPG

Day 62. Everything is going pretty good. Hot as can be out we have hit 90 plus in the shade for four days straight now. But the peach tree is doing good the peaches have doubled in size in two days. Cant wait to see which are males and which are females. I really want to do a breeding and get some free seeds. Well anyways here are the daily pics!
DSC08677.JPG
DSC08679.JPG
DSC08680.JPG
DSC08682.JPG
DSC08681.JPG

The tent flap thing happened a couple times, once was left open and another time it just wasn't closed properly. I think my main light leak was from the back of the tent up against the wall where there's a vent open on the 4x4 side.

I'm honestly not sure on that one. You'd think it would be possible though since females can turn.

Sorry I haven't been around much, this new job is kicking my ass lol most days I've been leaving at about 5am and not home til around supper time or sometimes later. Time to do a bunch of catching up and journal updates this weekend. Hope all is well with ya!
Hope everything is going well with the new job and your not working to hard. When you get a chance i had a couple questions about breeding my plants. But till then take care man!

Hope everything is going well with the new job and your not working to hard. When you get a chance i had a couple questions about breeding my plants. But till then take care man!
Hey man, always working hard doing something if not at work lol.

Shoot away my friend. I haven't done any breeding myself but have done a fair amount of reading on the subject.

If you ever need something and I haven't been around feel free to private message me, it will send me an email. Been rough trying to get on here and caught up during the week, but I should have some time to get caught up here tomorrow and also get back to what questions you may have.

Hey man, always working hard doing something if not at work lol.

Shoot away my friend. I haven't done any breeding myself but have done a fair amount of reading on the subject.

If you ever need something and I haven't been around feel free to private message me, it will send me an email. Been rough trying to get on here and caught up during the week, but I should have some time to get caught up here tomorrow and also get back to what questions you may have.
Ok so im hoping to have at least two females. assuming this is the case i want to breed one for the seeds. But the other one i want to keep a virgin. I was planning on putting any males outside and keeping the females in the grow tent. I would prefer to take maybe a q tip to rub on the pollen sac from outside and then rub it on the flower in the grow tent. I don't really want the whole plant fertilized, just three or four mid sized buds to get hopefully around a hundred seeds or so. Do you think this would work? or should i just stick one female outside with the males and let the bees pollinate the whole thing. Cause i really don't need an entire plant worth of seeds. and would like to keep as much virgin weed as possible.

Ok so im hoping to have at least two females. assuming this is the case i want to breed one for the seeds. But the other one i want to keep a virgin. I was planning on putting any males outside and keeping the females in the grow tent. I would prefer to take maybe a q tip to rub on the pollen sac from outside and then rub it on the flower in the grow tent. I don't really want the whole plant fertilized, just three or four mid sized buds to get hopefully around a hundred seeds or so. Do you think this would work? or should i just stick one female outside with the males and let the bees pollinate the whole thing. Cause i really don't need an entire plant worth of seeds. and would like to keep as much virgin weed as possible.
I would collect the pollen sacs from the male plants as soon as you see a couple of sacs on the males breaking open. You could use a sandwich bag, or even a clean pill container.

Then, once you have some collected you can either use a small art paint brush and brush the pollen onto the bud sites of the female, or if using a baggie, you can zip it over a branch and just shake it around a few times.

Be careful doing any of this though. Find a spot away from the grow space and other female, with no wind to carry out the process. Might even be a good idea to wash your hands and change clothes before going back into the grow space to avoid accidental pollination.

Otherwise, if you want a few hundred seeds, put one outside beside the male. The bees will help, but a good slap with some cut off pollen branches would for sure do the trick as well lol. Hope this helps man.

I would collect the pollen sacs from the male plants as soon as you see a couple of sacs on the males breaking open. You could use a sandwich bag, or even a clean pill container.

Then, once you have some collected you can either use a small art paint brush and brush the pollen onto the bud sites of the female, or if using a baggie, you can zip it over a branch and just shake it around a few times.

Be careful doing any of this though. Find a spot away from the grow space and other female, with no wind to carry out the process. Might even be a good idea to wash your hands and change clothes before going back into the grow space to avoid accidental pollination.

Otherwise, if you want a few hundred seeds, put one outside beside the male. The bees will help, but a good slap with some cut off pollen branches would for sure do the trick as well lol. Hope this helps man.
Thanks for the info, i appreciate it! never even thought of hand washing and a change of clothes, makes sense though. Wont be to much longer before it's time to do this, can hardly wait!

Day 64. everybody is still doing good! The weatherman is calling for about a half inch of rain tommorow. I hope he's right, it would save me from watering #4 a little while longer. Damn deer are coming into my yard to graze again, last year they ate all my peaches and chowed down on my cherry trees to, i threw a five gallon pail by it to scare it off, didn't work...
DSC08692.JPG
DSC08693.JPG
DSC08694.JPG
DSC08697.JPG
DSC08696.JPG

well they are all starting to look like hermaphrodites, Does anyone have any idea what to do with them? Im guessing just throw them away. Wow this is extremely dissapointing. I don't know how they could have done this, they were all managed well. Im wondering if it isn't a problem with where i bought them from..

upon closer inspection, and after letting them grow a little longer, I no longer believe that they are hermies and were all just male plants, what i thought to be bud forming turned out to be nothing but pollen sacs. So i cut down # 1,2,and 3 this morning. What a waste... #4 is still growing outside, and maybe it's not a male but im not going to hold my breath. so I put 1 purple haze and 1 blueberry seed germinating today. Better luck this time i guess.

upon closer inspection, and after letting them grow a little longer, I no longer believe that they are hermies and were all just male plants, what i thought to be bud forming turned out to be nothing but pollen sacs. So i cut down # 1,2,and 3 this morning. What a waste... #4 is still growing outside, and maybe it's not a male but im not going to hold my breath. so I put 1 purple haze and 1 blueberry seed germinating today. Better luck this time i guess.
Good luck with the blueberry
It is always my flavor favorite!

Back
Top Bottom