90w 2x2 scrog on wheels

i think i got it

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7739.JPG

heres underneath

IMG_7741.JPG

its a mess with 6 under there

Yes it might get crowded under there, time will tell. Strains all grow differently so maybe not too bad. The holes in your screen might be a little small, you undoubtedly will have to pull some branches back through the grid to position them. It may be difficult to keep the leaves in good shape. If you need to enlarge the holes you shouldn't have any problem cutting some of the chicken wire to make better clearance. The plants appear to be doing well. Maybe early yet, but have they started tio stretch?

Hi WCT,

Just viewed your journal today for the first time. Plants are looking pretty good.

I would have to agree with Mmmmick, anything smaller than 2" x 2" holes is going to give you trouble. I'd replace that chicken wire screen asap, or try to modify it and increase the size of those holes. Otherwise you'll end up with some very shredded and unhappy plants if you try to train them through that. Thankfully the plants aren't too committed yet. Good luck!

Regards,

-TL

thanks Mmmmick

They have been under 12/12 for almost a week. The stretching has started. The og kush plants are a little shorter than the lemon kush. im going to put them on the left side of the scrog, in case they need extra time. Ive already started making the holes bigger. The leaves are getting alittle cramped under there.

Ive seen other scrogs and the underbrush is trimmed clean. When can i start that process?

Thanks for checking in Lurker

Im definetly going to cut the holes bigger. Just waiting for the leaves to reach the top

Thanks
wct

thanks Mmmmick

They have been under 12/12 for almost a week. The stretching has started. The og kush plants are a little shorter than the lemon kush. im going to put them on the left side of the scrog, in case they need extra time. Ive already started making the holes bigger. The leaves are getting alittle cramped under there.

Ive seen other scrogs and the underbrush is trimmed clean. When can i start that process?

Thanks for checking in Lurker

Im definetly going to cut the holes bigger. Just waiting for the leaves to reach the top

Thanks
wct

You're welcome wct. When you cut the holes you'll probably want to bend the wire back or even tape it back so there are no loose ends. You'll have a lot less scar tissue when you finish the grow and your leaves will be better off also. I see why you are waiting to cut as you only need to cut the holes that are involved. Don't worry about the looks of your screen, it doesn't need to be pretty just effective.
I'm sure you'll have changes in mind for your next round to streamline the process. I've got a list for my next trip. Learn as we go.

Came by to see if anything new was going on and I noticed that I didn't answer your question about trimming the undergrowth, sorry about that. I think you can trim away anytime now but try not to take too much from a plant at one time. Do a little trim then give 4 or 5 days for recovery, then trim some more.
I didn't clean mine up as much as I should have due to the low screen and difficult access. Probably took away from the tops but I just physically couldn't take the pain from the awkward position. I'm using your idea to put wheels under the next screen, to make maintenance easier to deal with.

Came by to see if anything new was going on and I noticed that I didn't answer your question about trimming the undergrowth, sorry about that. I think you can trim away anytime now but try not to take too much from a plant at one time. Do a little trim then give 4 or 5 days for recovery, then trim some more.
I didn't clean mine up as much as I should have due to the low screen and difficult access. Probably took away from the tops but I just physically couldn't take the pain from the awkward position. I'm using your idea to put wheels under the next screen, to make maintenance easier to deal with.

Thanks for checking in Mmmmick

next time im looking for more room, closet is just too small. The wheels on the scrog is the ticket. I just had to abort it, its way too small. hopefullly this crop will produce enough to keep my wife medicated for awhile. I really want to try outside green house. Free light millions of watts. I hear theres more issues with bugs. But the yield is large.

My plants seem to be doing ok. I vegged them a week after I picked up at dispensary. So I didnt transplant and kept in one gallon pot. Will they get root bound? The guy at the shop said no worries leave as is, if i flower soon.

thanks again Mmmmick

Thanks for checking in Mmmmick

next time im looking for more room, closet is just too small. The wheels on the scrog is the ticket. I just had to abort it, its way too small. hopefullly this crop will produce enough to keep my wife medicated for awhile. I really want to try outside green house. Free light millions of watts. I hear theres more issues with bugs. But the yield is large.

My plants seem to be doing ok. I vegged them a week after I picked up at dispensary. So I didnt transplant and kept in one gallon pot. Will they get root bound? The guy at the shop said no worries leave as is, if i flower soon.

thanks again Mmmmick

you're welcome wct.
I'm finding the closet pretty restrictive also. Definitely need easier access. I can't bend at some of the angles needed for maintenance, with walls all around the screen.

You should be able to pull enough to keep your wife going for a while.
A greenhouse would be the best solution, no question. Lots of O2, Co2, sunshine, protection if needed.
With a short veg like that you're probably fine in small pots. Your hydro guy probably knows his stuff.

My co2 set up is just sticking in the air right now. The co2 is being generated by the yeast method in a 2 liter bottle. Does anyone know if the end of the tube where the co2 is released, has to be in a small thing of water? I was told that if wasnt in the vacume created by the water, the co2 molecule chages to something else. Making the 2 liter process usless.

heres some pics

IMG_7752.JPG

heres the co2 tube stickin up
IMG_7753.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_7749.JPG

My co2 set up is just sticking in the air right now. The co2 is being generated by the yeast method in a 2 liter bottle. Does anyone know if the end of the tube where the co2 is released, has to be in a small thing of water? I was told that if wasnt in the vacume created by the water, the co2 molecule chages to something else. Making the 2 liter process usless.

screen is coming along nicely wct. good job.
The water valve(outlet under water) is probably to keep Oxygen from getting back into the system. Thats just my best guess, there's probably info on google.
googled it and it seems the water is meant to act as valve to keep oxygen out of the brewing chamber. Some use a check valve but if you make sure your generator is higher than the Co2 outlet you should be fine with a saucer or cup of water at the outlet. I think a small bend in the outlet hose with a low loop would allow a water bubble to sit in the loop and act as a check valve unless you had vacuum in the generator, which is probably unlikely in a functioning generator, unless there are significant temperature swings in your grow.

:goodjob:

One of my six ladies has yellow leaves. Others have spotted leaves. Should i panic? The plant with the yellow leaves is in the back of the scrog but seems to get plenty of light and air. Could my problem be due to bounded roots?

wct

sorry, I read right past this one. Any way to get a pic of the yellowed leaves? Are they overall yellow, just the edges or intraveinal? If it's only one plant I would expect the others to show also if it was a bound root issue. Are the yellowing leaves the older fan leaves or elsewhere on the plant? It's not unusual for lower leaves to yellow and drop, especially if they are in shadow.
The spots could be a number of things. Pics or a description of the spots would help be more specific.
Without seeing the spots, I would recommend checking for insects thoroughly, just to eliminate that as an issue.
If your hydro guy thought the pots would be good for the entire grow I doubt you would have bound roots already. I don't think that would show as yellowing first in any event.
I'll take a scan back through your grow and add to this if I see anything that might be a problem.

Mmmmick heres the co2 water jar.
IMG_7754.JPG

Its a nug jug from the dispensary. Can you see how clear the water is? The reason why I ask is because, this water is distilled. The first water was from the tap, and the jug was filled with silt on the bottom after one day. The co2 was reacting with the tap water and creating a solid. Just thought that was really gross.

heres a bud site

IMG_7755.JPG

I was able to take the sick plant out of the scrog. Put it under a 65w hps flood light. first time using it.

thanks for all your help Mmmmick

wct

hi wct, sorry for the slow response, I've had computer trouble for 4 days. I think I have it stabilized now.

Nice bud forming, good job on that.
Yeah the water looks fine in that bottle. I suppose the Co2 must have reacted with the chlorine or flouride in the tap water to form solids. that could look nasty pretty quickly.
Good thinking to use distilled water.
That 65w might be a great supplement to the LED. Did you have to modify the enclosure to keep it from heating up indoors?

hi wct, sorry for the slow response, I've had computer trouble for 4 days. I think I have it stabilized now.

Nice bud forming, good job on that.
Yeah the water looks fine in that bottle. I suppose the Co2 must have reacted with the chlorine or flouride in the tap water to form solids. that could look nasty pretty quickly.
Good thinking to use distilled water.
That 65w might be a great supplement to the LED. Did you have to modify the enclosure to keep it from heating up indoors?

Heat is an issue to the touch, its solid metal so i believe its safe. But I have it rigged up, so alittle paranoid. The hps isnt over the scrog, there was too many ladies under that screen. So i took the sick one out and one of the og kush out. Now my clothes have no where to hang lol.:Rasta:

thanks again Mmmmick

wct

Question, If the flower room has the smallest amount of light penetrating,

Can the plants turn into a hermie?
Grower buddy of mine told me this

wct

I've read that mj can handle as much light as a full moon. The rationale is that they do that naturally so it should be fine. I'ts possible that some strains have become more light sensitive through crossbreeding. A small amount of light for brief periods shouldn't cause any problems. If you can close your grow from inside and not see light then you don't have to worry. I would block any faint light just to be safe.
Plants may or may not hermie but the flower cycle could be disturbed. Do you have any info on your strain being particulary likely to hermie?
lol you could leave your clothes in the closet if you don't mind the strange looks you'll get at the mall.

When i heard about light causing hermies, i was a little skeptical. He said single point of light caused a pollen pod. i think im safe now.

Thanks again Mmmmick.

wct

Its conceivable that light issues could cause hermies, I believe. But to fine tune it to a single point of light causing a pollen pod is kinda pushing the envelope. I suppose a point of light that was close to one bud might cause a reaction in that bud.
Maybe this grower just isn't good with words. He might have a point but fail to expand on it enough. I prefer to play it safe and assume that any light leak will be a problem, whether it's hermies, messed up flowering, you name it. I don't have enough experience to know for sure. I just try to read plenty, someday I'll actually know through experience. For now I hope the posts ad articles I read are correct, heheh.

I tossed a quick edit into my previous point to make my answer even more ambigous, lol. Not purposely, I just ramble, sometimes need an edit or two to say what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom