90w 2x2 scrog on wheels

Tiny little flies live in the soil and die when they land on cfls. They look like the normal fly variety, leaves arent being eaten. Any ideas out there?
wct

They are most likely fungus gnats. The adults don't eat the leaves but the larva in the soil will eat organic matter. They aren't a problem unless you have a lot of them but they can cause root damage if numerous.

1/2" to an inch of washed screened sand on the soil will keep the adults from laying. I used unsalted garlic powder on the soil surface to drive them out and yellow Sticky Stiks from Walmart to trap the adults. A saucer of fruit jiuce is said to trap adults. I tried that with plastic wrap stretched over the saucer, a few holes poked in the plastic with a toothpick or needle. If you try the garlic powder do it before you use the sand and give things a couple of days then put the sand in place.
It's effective to allow your plants to dry thoroughly to keep gnats from breeding. They are on a 2 week breeding cycle so you may have more show up in a couple of weeks. Just repeat your treatments and you should be able to knock them down.
Neem oil is said to be effective as well but I don't like the feel of the leaves when using neem.

Cool thanks Mmmmick i'm off to walmart to get some sticky sticks. Going to give it a week. If it doesnt work,then im going to drop some sand on top.

Thanks again Mmmmick

wct

btw i just bought a crap load of worms, going to make my own tea, maybe my own nutes as well. This hobby sure is fun, and rewarding
With some garlic on your soil and the sticky stiks in place you'll likely be fine. Don't forget the 2 week breeding cycle. You might knock them down then see a few more a couple of weeks later.
You will smell the garlic for a few days, so be prepared for that.

Mmmmick have you heard of Dont Bug Me by Fox Farms. Just wondering if its safe. Going to try the garlic powder method first.

I'm not familiar with that product but it should state somewhere on the label if it's ok around edibles.
The garlic seemed quite effective for me, as far as moving the critters out of the soil was concerned. I've also read that potato slices laid on the soil will attract the larva but I didn't see any benefit when I tried that.

good luck wct

I went ahead and bought the fox farm product, read some really good reviews. Can use up to day of harvest, Three squirts up in the air and no more little flyers. Going to wait and see how the next 2 weeks go. Hope to get some picks going tomorrow, The Bud right under the led is huge after 3 weeks.

Their products are generally well received. Hope it works well, I may buy some myself.
Looking forward to your update.

Hi wct, just wanted to take a minute to say Happy Holidays to you and yours. I hope you have a safe and happy Christmas.

Thanks wct, Christmas went well and I'm expecting New Years to be a little quiet but smooth. Best in the New Year to you.

Thanks for stopping in warbux, im cameraless until my child brings back from her vacation. I really neeed to continue my journal,i have some really nice nugs going right under the 90w ufo. Im excited about the lemon kush, With about 2 weeks to go, is there any recommedations out there to finish these nugs off (nutes wise). I have a credit at the hydro store, and want to spend it,

thanks
wct

Alright Mmmick got the camera back
IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7855.JPG

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

these are the lemon kush, 5 1/2 weeks flower. Just got a sample of Mad Farmer's Mother Of All Blooms (MOAB) to finish off.

very nice buds shaping up there wct. They look like they have trichs right to the end of the leaves, nice sugar showing up.
Do you have a scope or some way to view your trichs close up? My last plant seems to be going long and I'm not so sure the 90w will finish on time. You might fins your planhts go a little long also. Trichs are the best way to know when to chop.
+reps if I can, you're doing a great job.

:goodjob:

Thanks Mmmmick, I have a mini-microscope to check trichs. Havent done yet but will try at 7 weeks, really excited to see how MOAB finsh product works. Hope it adds some real weight to the ladies. Good luck with your ladies

wct

you've got things under control I see. Good luck with the MOAB, they might fatten up on that.

WOW they are shaping up really nice. I seen the envirotech lighting and they look pretty interesting. I was hoping to find some journals that use the technology but they are still few and far between.

Thanks for stopping in WARBUX. I asked Setting Sun to donate his time and money to do the competition. He apparently has some other competition going on.
wct

Back
Top Bottom