A Little Help Please AK 48

Grow17

I read an old post from another forum and also saw something on YouTube.
It said that the tri's on this strain are translucent.
I'm in week 3 of flower.
DSC0030011.JPG
DSC0029914.JPG

Some of the lower buds have red hairs, but the top colas do not.
Just want to harvest at the right time.

I read an old post from another forum and also saw something on YouTube.
It said that the tri's on this strain are translucent.
I'm in week 3 of flower.
DSC0030011.JPG
DSC0029914.JPG

Some of the lower buds have red hairs, but the top colas do not.
Just want to harvest at the right time.

Serious seeds says there AK goes up to 63 days, you will want to harvest when 80 to 90% of the trichs are cloudy.
Too early and the plant will not be ready and will not give you the full punch. Too late, and the THC begins to degradate. This is how I harvest anyway.
Good luck on your grow. Do as much reading/research as you can.
GR

I'm just finishing a run of AK 48 and I'll be harvesting on about day 60 of 12/12. I'm basing it on trichs though. They don't stay clear if that's what you're asking. They turn cloudy in time.
Thanks, it's been a while since I've grown, and nothing like the current available strains.
It's feeding time and I was not sure if I need to flush or not.

I looked at your journal, but there are so many pages. Do you have any pictures of before harvest ?

I haven't harvested yet, probably this weekend. That's why I said about day 60, which will be Sunday. I just started my flush.

These are the pics from 6/15, the last time I took pics of the plant. Pay no attention to the burnt tips.

IMG_113926.JPG
IMG_114131.JPG
IMG_114027.JPG
IMG_114330.JPG

These are of the trichomes as of 6/20.
IMG_114731.JPG

IMG_114829.JPG

Hope that's helpful. I'm a total n00b but if you have any questions ask and if nothing else maybe I can point towards someone who knows a lot more. This is a great resource here.

Thanks a lot. That really helps.
I just checked again this morning before they went to sleep.
I see that they are just starting to cloud.
Looks like at least one more feeding.
I bought a Z Orb Digital Microscope , but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get good images.

Back
Top Bottom