A Modest Attempt At A 101 Growers Guide

Much of the 101 series will be applicable both indoors and out. I will be more focused on scenarios I run across indoors but I do also dabble in the outdoors

20200704_194616.jpg
Knee "High" by July?.. Oh wait that's for corn, never mind :rofl:

The last few days I have been working on the environment. Mainly, dialing in temp and humidity. I have some new fans I want to hook up and eventually my hands off watering system.

After tinkering, I am going to look into an intake fan to blow cool air in. I put a little bus driver fan in one of the tent holes as a test and it dropped 2degrees F fairly quick and held.

20200712_170037.jpg
20200712_165538.jpg

I was able to turn the kind LED up 20% to max setting on all 3 channels and it's down in temp at least 3 degrees on average so far.

I was always a passive intake guy but this could eliminate any heat concerns for me. I might need to try the other exhaust fan for the veg tenr as an intake for a day and see how that works. They actually should be able to connect to the same thermostat so that would be nice to have it set for like 77. And 65% humidity

Actually, this is working so well, I might just leave it.

20200712_171725.jpg

sweet set up and plants looking good! Cool that yur figuring it out and keeping it simple. Looking ahead to Fall and Winter its usually very dry so you'll have to adjust and tweak a little..

Thanks a lot @Anthony Suszko speaking of keeping it simple......I will be judged for this but I have been having minor issues with my garage smelling a bit dank. Well, I mowed today and I bag and remove the clippings typically. I kept about a half bag of clippings in the mower in the garage and it smells like grass not "grass" anyways, solved my problem for now Haha

Thanks a lot @Anthony Suszko speaking of keeping it simple......I will be judged for this but I have been having minor issues with my garage smelling a bit dank. Well, I mowed today and I bag and remove the clippings typically. I kept about a half bag of clippings in the mower in the garage and it smells like grass not "grass" anyways, solved my problem for now Haha
was supposed to mow today as well.. grass is looking shaggy but not dank lol..( just joking.). but seriously, id go for the fabric softener crystals in an open jar or a few boxes of baking soda on a shelf and call it a day :rofl:

was supposed to mow today as well.. grass is looking shaggy but not dank lol..( just joking.). but seriously, id go for the fabric softener crystals in an open jar or a few boxes of baking soda on a shelf and call it a day :rofl:
Yeah, I need a more permanent fix but unsure if I'll be moving soon so long story short I've been doing other fixes and what not. I do use the Crystal's and a few plug ins during high traffic or risk times. I like the idea of fabric softeners.

Big fan of noob tubes in dorms. I want to through some in my exhaust. I have my exhaust blowing over a jar of those perals or whatever currently.

Yeah, I need a more permanent fix but unsure if I'll be moving soon so long story short I've been doing other fixes and what not. I do use the Crystal's and a few plug ins during high traffic or risk times. I like the idea of fabric softeners.

Big fan of noob tubes in dorms. I want to through some in my exhaust. I have my exhaust blowing over a jar of those perals or whatever currently.
Id spring for the $20 food vaccume sealer or a cheap fabric softener fix before spending the money on lumber screws and s**t... Construction materials are pricey now..

Maybe cure a bit in turkey bags like I am now so you can burp and then switch to vacuum sealed?

I feel like there are bags you could still burp and re vacuum. They have them for like clothes?

The vacuum seal is super appealing. Thanks for reminding me of that.

For humidity I have a mini in tent humidifier if needed and a dehumidifier that sits in the outer room.
yeh you might need it, Just see what the plants are telling you.. Everything looks sweet right now but you know me, I'm always trouble shooting for down the road.. Just play it by ear when you get there....

Maybe cure a bit in turkey bags like I am now so you can burp and then switch to vacuum sealed?

I feel like there are bags you could still burp and re vacuum. They have them for like clothes?
It depends how much of the bag you cut away, if your frugal you can probably burp a bag a few times before you cant open and reseal again.. There are roll systems that use a continuous open tube so the length can be whatever you want.. You create the amount of space inside the bag by sealing both top and bottom. You can leave as much space as you need for burping.

Here's a pic of the rubber gasket on the buckets.

20200712_180657.jpg
If you can slide the gasket down and run a single wrap around of thicker heavy duty duck tape and then slide the gasket back up over it this may create a better seal and less space for air infiltration? If it's a good seal, you'll feel that its more difficult when trying to pry the lid off..
The thing with this type of gasket is they can become stretchy or stretch out.. If you have a deep enought soaker tub or rain barrel you can test the seal for air bubble leaks.

Vegging out after up potting the babies. Gave them their 1st gram per gallon of nutes. Want them to acquire a taste for the nutes and grow to be trees!

Kind of dumb to throw them in 3 gallons because I will be putting them in bigger pots but I'll let them rock out in these for now.
20200713_000009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom