ACE Killer A5 Haze

Alright alright.... anyone else still bored in quarantine!? So I’m going to post up more veg stuff.... Lol

Day 18 and we just hit the fourth node so its time to top her. I upped the light intensity a bit a few days ago and she definitely enjoyed it. Also, I watered her a bit heavier than normal this morning and after I noticed she was dropping a bit. Not terribly but a little. Since it was an obvious reaction to the watering I’m going to let her dry out a bit more between waterings. She seems to like dry feet .... more than some others do. I haven’t seen her praying for the light yet so that tells me I don’t have things dialed in 100% just yet, I’m guessing letting her dry out until she grows more root mass and colonizes the pot a bit more is what needs to be done ✅

FF4F1DE0-CD08-436D-8769-41D2B9615090.jpeg

35554480-C318-4313-8DB3-A4470FF0E598.jpeg

5CEA75E2-9E40-40E4-BD0A-06E1C6541373.jpeg

4A648252-142F-4FE8-A898-BD344D6041BF.jpeg

Also, I made some butter out of the trim from my last two grows. I put 60-65 grams of trim, about an ounce each from my panama and OGxGDP grows into about 8 Oz of butter.

The sh%t is absolutely nuclear. Just a small amount, a little less than a teaspoon (each), sent both my fiancé and I into outer space for a good 7 hours.

I didn’t think it would be that strong since it was only trim but my god, I’ll have to be careful with it from here on out. Thank god I didn’t make an actual recipe with it
laughing.gif

57873390-5C7C-4A6F-8369-58EA9A9D32CC.jpeg

Well, yesterday I had a friend call me and offer to buy my micro armoir. I guess quarantine has got him itching for a new hobby and his wife only would allow him to grow if “he had something like what OZZ has and you can’t tell what it is”.

Long story short, he offered me a fair amount more than it cost me to build, so I sold my little micro cab! What a turn of events aye? HA!

He’s a trusted friend so we left our door open, took our new puppy to the park for a few hours and let him come pick it up and take it home.

Since we are still in this condo, and I still need to have a micro grow I went ahead and ordered a whole new micro setup. I have on the way a DR60, an SF1000 light, a new AC infinity T4 fan/filter combo (same as before).

It’s ironic because a day ago I bumped up my solsheet to full power, and if you look at the new growth you can see some twisting of the leaves. It looks like heat stress, but temps were only 78 degrees in the cab. I think it was light stress due to the light being too close.

So it’s a win-win all the way around! With the DR 60 I will have much more height to work with, it’s 24”x24”x67” High .... so I can keep the light higher above the plant, and ultimately grow the plant much larger/taller. Also, I have two lights to experiment with. This solsheet has a 120w driver, is 3500k @ around 30-35,000 lumens about equivalent to a 400w hps.

The SF1000 is only 100w so about 20% less, but has a significantly better light spectrum. It has a large spike in the blue spectrum, great red spectrum strength as well as far red and IR diodes too... but is less in overall power compared to the solsheet by about 20%.

Im not sure which light I’ll use just yet, but I can return the other if need be.

So for now I have this girl vegging in the corner all ghetto like. Hopefully she will outgrow the light stress on her crinkled leaves and continue on as normal.

As soon as the new equipment comes in I’ll update everything, in the meantime I’ll keep training her appropriately. Looking forward to having more space to work with! I might even up pot her to a 5 gallon grow bag.
woohoo.gif

8F9DA5CD-1E1F-453B-887C-3E1EC31FA517.jpeg

564BFCE4-7660-4538-97F9-7F7E60478380.jpeg

B317CA5E-014E-43FF-88E6-7F507CCC02E3.jpeg

And remember super cropping is a good tool to have ready

Absolutely. :)

So the new tent is in, setup and *almost* ready to roll. I can’t seem to get a carbon scrubber shipped to me to save my life and she’s starting to stink. Amazon just sits with my orders backlogged and they have no live customer service number. Thanks Corona.
moon.gif

Since I have more additional height, I decided to go to a no till situation with organic amended super soil in a 15 gallon smart pot.

I wanted to attempt to make a super soil using the stuff I already had on hand, so the base mix came out to (very loosely estimated) about 50% promix HP, 20% happy frog, 20% home made worm castings with a small 10% addition of extra perilite. It’s right at 15 gallons/approx 2 cubic foot of soil.

To that I added three cups of an amendment mix of equal parts crab meal, neem meal, kelp meal and Dr earths tomato and veggie granular (it’s fish bone meal, fish meal, feather meal, alfalfa meal,kelp and some other things like humid acid, bennies, and mycos).

For minerals I added 2 cups of azomite and for liming agents I added about 3/4-1 cup lime, 1 cup oyster shell flour and about 1/2 cup of gypsum.

Lastly I put about 10-15 red wigglers in the smart pot to do their thing.

I’m going to grab some alfalfa or Timothy hay from a pet store today to mulch the top and see about getting some blumats installed for keeping moisture levels intact.

Looking back I’m a little concerned I might have added to much lime/gypsum/oyster shell. What do you guys think?? Do you think I’ll be ok? Also I’m wondering if I might be a little light on overall amendments, maybe another cup is needed.

At any rate she looks happy this morning so I guess we will see. I’m going to give her another week to get her roots stretched out in the new medium just a bit then flip her to 12/12. I don’t need her out growing my space with all that root room so I need to flip her soon but I need that scrubber .... bad.

10D9948C-17AF-44DC-8061-7B8DCFF8F7C6.jpeg

6FB30108-8BFB-464A-92C4-C976C92D4E1E.jpeg

BC156D09-5657-4209-9C2B-3A8AE11A19E0.jpeg

Your liming will be fine. Dont want to add anything that adds in Mg as the Lime you added has plenty.

The worry with lime amendments is soil pH. Too much lime and your soil pH will go up (in pots). The soil pH will naturally go up over time (several runs) as the humus breaks down (again in pots).

Going forward Gypsum and fish/crab meal are your friends when adding a Ca source as an amendment. Do not add any lime. Mg is there in spades and will be for the long haul.

I add in a cup or so of ground malted barley ground fine in a coffee grinder - can get that at a brew store. You can scratch some in at any time. Think about fulvic acid (ful-power) as a foliar with you IPM when you start that regimen. These all go hand in hand. Team work gets the job done. Help the microbes.

Vermi-compost - get that right. Quality in quality out. Your plants will thank you. Can add Ca to your worm bin and then thats another Ca source down the road. Just cant add Ca to a container.

Your liming will be fine. Dont want to add anything that adds in Mg as the Lime you added has plenty.

The worry with lime amendments is soil pH. Too much lime and your soil pH will go up (in pots). The soil pH will naturally go up over time (several runs) as the humus breaks down (again in pots).

Going forward Gypsum and fish/crab meal are your friends when adding a Ca source as an amendment. Do not add any lime. Mg is there in spades and will be for the long haul.

I add in a cup or so of ground malted barley ground fine in a coffee grinder - can get that at a brew store. You can scratch some in at any time. Think about fulvic acid (ful-power) as a foliar with you IPM when you start that regimen. These all go hand in hand. Team work gets the job done. Help the microbes.

Vermi-compost - get that right. Quality in quality out. Your plants will thank you. Can add Ca to your worm bin and then thats another Ca source down the road. Just cant add Ca to a container.

Thanks Bob. I saw that, after I added the lime I see that most now are saying the same thing. So that seems to be the general consensus which was the cause for my concern. About 5 years ago everyone was always saying to use lime, now it seems peeps are moving away from that in favor of oyster shell and gypsum for the reasons you stated.

Thanks again I’m looking forward to flipping her soon. I have no idea what to expect for stretch. She’s got haze and Malawi in her so early on I was prepared for crazy stretch but the way she is growing is very indica like. Slower Veg and less vigor that I was expecting from such a sativa don hybrid but that could all change in an instant as soon as I flip her. Will be a fun run regardless!

I’ll pick up some malted barely and scratch that I’m as suggested, also ...maybe Im on the short bus today but I’m not sure what you mean by IPM??

Back
Top Bottom