Advocate420 Soil Grow 2018

I do, he never said anything about my smoking nor joined me for over a decade. I felt like I was wronging them. It was after he had to go off the methadone he started to join in. I have always lived for my parents. Dad was diagnosed with throat and lung cancer this year. He is not a fighter either, wants out. I’m trying to come to grips. He has a surgery coming that is going to change how he looks, feels, talks, eats. Been flooding him with goodies. The edibles help him sleep.
Dedicated sons are the best! Best of luck going forward. I hope he gets the best medical care he can and doesn't throw in the towel. I can only imagine how hard it is to want to keep going, so keeping his spirits up is the best thing you can do.

Did I see Paris Hilton in that night vision shot ;).

Looking very nice Advocate. Great job.

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope all goes well.
Thank you Ditchweed. Appreciate the hope.
Praying for best possible outcome for your dad and for you. Hopefully they caught it early.:Namaste:
Thank you Dynamo1. We find out how the Chemo did soon.
Dedicated sons are the best! Best of luck going forward. I hope he gets the best medical care he can and doesn't throw in the towel. I can only imagine how hard it is to want to keep going, so keeping his spirits up is the best thing you can do.

Did I see Paris Hilton in that night vision shot ;).
True words Shed. You want someone to fight but sometimes it’s not the better option either. Not to mention my own apprehension towards life. I’d take a good women right now. Paris can come hang tho.

Hey Advocate.
How are you doing? I kinda lost you in the fray. I have a kindle and it doesn't alert me like it should.
Gotta say, I am loving the sheen your girls have on their leaves.
Will do ! I cure them till I run out of my last batch hehe.

Thank you. Just getting warmed up.

Thank you. Me too!

Dropped the net. Pruning to begin soon. The CBD plant is growing crazy fast and bushy. Should have expanded my net though.

Hey Shed, sorry for the delay. Here is the info on the dechlorinator
Wish I could just take a pic I can send you one in inbox if wanted.
By microbe hydroponics
Called Dechlorinator, water conditioner
They sold it to me saying it works for both chlorine and cloramine. I’ll have to do more detailed research as it’s not indicated on the bottle. Uses sodium thiosulfate, deionized water

Did you ever read up on sodium thiosulfate? It is used as an aquarium dechlorinator. I was surprised to see it was from a company called microbe hydroponics. The reason for my confusion is in my dealing with aquariums.

I was told that it is to be only used on ornamental fish. All of the people I know that are involved in Aquaponics steer clear of the stuff. I admit I have not read the MSDS on sodium thiosulfate. I will try to do that soon.

Instead they use crushed vitamin C tablets. It take a surprisingly small amount.

After all of this, here is the kicker. If you are not using soil microbes or worried about their cultivation, you don't have to worry about chlorine at all.

Plants and mammals don't absorb chlorine directly into the blood system (phloem for plants) unlike fish and other aquatics that take it in directly through gills or membranes. This is according to the EPA. So do with it what you will. I thought it was an interesting read.

Chlorine is also an essential nutrient for ALL life on earth.
And adding sodium thiosulfate is adding....sodium, which we generally try to stay away from or at least control the amounts.

Vitamin C on the other hand was found to also be an essential nutrient in plants. It is an antioxidant which helps plants deal with stress from drought,ozone and uv degradation. This is from the University of Exeter and the University of Shimane, Japan.
I can dig up the actual papers or articles concerning those papers , if you are curious.
So you can see my confusion about a hydro company using ST. Guess I need to hit the books on that one.
Ya know, I think that there is enough vitamin C in most molasses to be a dechlorinator. I will also try to remember to check on that too.

I hope you have a great day!

Sorry, I guess I can trend to ramble.

Hi Advocate420, I just caught up. This is a nice journal and great pictures, love the way you do your grow. Hopefully things will get better for you and your family bro keep your chin up. Feel free to drop by my journal anytime my friend.
Peppers
Thank you for all the love and wishes. Appreciate your time, I’ll definitely swing by.
Hey Advocate.
How are you doing? I kinda lost you in the fray. I have a kindle and it doesn't alert me like it should.
Gotta say, I am loving the sheen your girls have on their leaves.

Did you ever read up on sodium thiosulfate? It is used as an aquarium dechlorinator. I was surprised to see it was from a company called microbe hydroponics. The reason for my confusion is in my dealing with aquariums.

I was told that it is to be only used on ornamental fish. All of the people I know that are involved in Aquaponics steer clear of the stuff. I admit I have not read the MSDS on sodium thiosulfate. I will try to do that soon.

Instead they use crushed vitamin C tablets. It take a surprisingly small amount.

After all of this, here is the kicker. If you are not using soil microbes or worried about their cultivation, you don't have to worry about chlorine at all.

Plants and mammals don't absorb chlorine directly into the blood system (phloem for plants) unlike fish and other aquatics that take it in directly through gills or membranes. This is according to the EPA. So do with it what you will. I thought it was an interesting read.s

Chlorine is also an essential nutrient for ALL life on earth.
And adding sodium thiosulfate is adding....sodium, which we generally try to stay away from or at least control the amounts.

Vitamin C on the other hand was found to also be an essential nutrient in plants. It is an antioxidant which helps plants deal with stress from drought,ozone and uv degradation. This is from the University of Exeter and the University of Shimane, Japan.
I can dig up the actual papers or articles concerning those papers , if you are curious.
So you can see my confusion about a hydro company using ST. Guess I need to hit the books on that one.
Ya know, I think that there is enough vitamin C in most molasses to be a dechlorinator. I will also try to remember to check on that too.

I hope you have a great day!

Sorry, I guess I can trend to ramble.
Ohh I was noticing the sparkle the other night myself. I think this is the stickiest I’ve had around. I’m blaming canna nutrients I think.
This is great info and experience. I do in fact use lots of microbes and even some molasses. I love my microbes. I rely on them to help buffer my inadequacies. I didn’t know it was so useful though. Always viewed chlorine as evil.
I made a reservoir and was letting the chlorine come off over a few days. The PPM of my water is so high that I resorted to driving to a water fill station with some amazing water. I still heat and aerate it before use.
Honestly since that post about the product I havnt used it once. Salt is not on my menus for the plants.
Please ramble. I need it lol

Of course it is Canna.....I cannot afford them. Lol.
Isn't one of the root tonics $80? It's like that mammoth p. Too rich for my blood right now.

Maybe that is for further down the road for me. I need to shed my training wheels first.
I'm only on my second grow. Using the Fox farm trio. Nothing else for boosters etc. I've had to piecemeal my rig together. Soon I will get to the boosters and all the add-ons. For now it's saving up for pH meters and such. Just ordered one of those so next on the list is ppm/tds or an ec meter. I too am curious about the municipal water I have been using. I have no idea on the out of faucet ppms.

The msds on sodium thiosulfate is simple in it's warning.
"Acute toxicity, oral" "harmful if swallowed"
So glad you are no longer using it.;)

pro tip: Sodium thiosulfate can be used in the treatment of cyanide poisoning. Lol!

Of course it is Canna.....I cannot afford them. Lol.
Isn't one of the root tonics $80? It's like that mammoth p. Too rich for my blood right now.

Maybe that is for further down the road for me. I need to shed my training wheels first.
I'm only on my second grow. Using the Fox farm trio. Nothing else for boosters etc. I've had to piecemeal my rig together. Soon I will get to the boosters and all the add-ons. For now it's saving up for pH meters and such. Just ordered one of those so next on the list is ppm/tds or an ec meter. I too am curious about the municipal water I have been using. I have no idea on the out of faucet ppms.
The msds on sodium thiosulfate is simple in it's warning.
"Acute toxicity, oral" "harmful if swallowed"
So glad you are no longer using it.;)

pro tip: Sodium thiosulfate can be used in the treatment of cyanide poisoning. Lol!
It is expensive for sure. I’m on my second bottle of that nute too so far this grow. Yes I try to keep my cyanide intake to a minimum.
I've only heard of STS being used to make pollen on a female plant instead of CS!
Death to acronyms!

Death to acronyms!
I've only heard of STS being used to make pollen on a female plant instead of CS! =
I've only heard of sodium thiosulfate being used to make pollen on a female plant instead of colloidal silver. Is that better? How's the weekend going?:Namaste:

I've only heard of STS being used to make pollen on a female plant instead of CS! =
I've only heard of sodium thiosulfate being used to make pollen on a female plant instead of colloidal silver. Is that better? How's the weekend going?:Namaste:
That is better, now I know what to look up lol
Just popping by to check on your garden. Looks great but you probably have it all cured already.:ganjamon: Looking forward to the smoke report. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving with your Paw and great weekend. :ciao:
Will be some time on the smoke report. But I am smoking on the blueberry og and cookies Kush from last harvest now. I am going to take samples to be tested. Gives all the actual levels and sciences numbers related to harvesting at its peak.

:goodjob:Impressive Advocate, love the trichomes on the big fan leaf, I like the 680 jpeg, :welldone:so packed in there. great grow.:theband::Namaste:
I did play with a free editing ap, explain what you see and this means? All the fans are looking like that, I have hash in my future. Thank you!
Beautiful leaf sheen you have there.
Is this a nutrient thing you see ? Thank you!

Cola forest, again! You are damn consistent :thumb:. How long would you say that harvest is going to last you?

I’ve been getting more than several months worth each harvest. As more comes, more is stored for a bad day and technically chilling in their jars curing not disturbed. I honestly have never sold nor do I intend to sell a gram. If I have extra buds I make crazy potent edibles with flowers, I make hash with the trimmings. I smoke without worry to amounts. And I give it away to close family. I’m still making edibles from my outdoor harvest summer of 17 :) you see those girls Shed ?
I did weigh last harvest before curing but after drying and was about 26oz the blueberry og and cookies Kush. Almost exactly 13 oz a plant. Might be a little off because apparently I can’t count well when toking.
Taking the blueberry og and cookies Kush to be lab tested next month to see how I did on cannabinoids and a few other things. As long as I don’t lose this or next crop to any misfortune I will be able to survive a failure. I get very sick, fast without my meds.

Back
Top Bottom