AeroGarden1stTimer

W!CK

Hello All--

I know everyone's probably sick of all the aero-babble of late, but, I have to Admit, it was seeing it on the cover of HT last month that finally peeked my curiosity and forced me off of my ass and into my very first attempt at cultivating........So for those who are interested----

I decided to get the AeroGardenDeluxe with the extended light arm-2ft Max.

Since I live in the wonderful state of CA, I was able to take a short cut and start with 3 clones right off the bat. They were rooted in rock wool cubes so I simply compressed them with my fingers and forced them into the holes in the AG.

I bypassed the in box nutrients and opted for the good ol General Hydroponics threesome. I started the nutrients at 1/4 TSP/GAL and kept them on a 24 on Light Cycle. In retrospect, I kept them on the weaker solution to long. For those who will journey ahead, I would recommend the 1/4 solution for the 1st Gallon of nutrients consumed, after that it's probably safe to bump them to a 1-1-1.

Today marks day 23 since clone transplant.

I vegged them on 24 hr for 9 days. (This was way to long). Anyone attempting this method should watch for the roots to start spiking out from the rock wool; Once you see this healthy push--then 12/12 those babies.....

So today marks the completion of day 14 of flowering----Started with 3, still have 3 happy and budding girlies. Assuming everything holds, I should be able to taste the fruits of my labor around the 1st or 2nd week in October, we'll see.

I've changed the nutrient mix to the following for the remainder:

FloraMicro 2tsp/gal

FloraGrow 1/2tsp/gal

FloraBloom 3tsp/gal

They like it. My only other concern is that they have another growth spurt and outgrow the hood thing.They really stopped cold once the budding began and i reduced the growth component,so, I've already decided to finish them off with some high output/full spectrum/red-blue flourescents.

Regarding the Aero Garden, it really is a great 1st timers device. I've learned much and am excited about future growings. (A bit more specialzed of course ;>)

I'll follow up with some pics from various stages........

Peace-

W!CK
:smokin:

blrybud1.jpg

I've removed the AeroGarden Lamp/Hood and Have replaced it with a 4 Tube T5 unit-3 Red and 1 Token Blue.................Oh yeah-----the Tubes are 24":yummy:

Awesome! Finally an Aerogarden Grow Journal!
I saw them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $194! They were selling them at Macy's for $265!

I was gonna tell you to remove the light and add your own, but looks like youve already done that. Aeroponics is the shit, the aerogarden though is just to small, the plants always grow taller than the light.

Eeeeeeee's nice---

Yes, they missed the sweet spot at 2' on the AeroDeluxe---After mine quit the flowering burst, they stopped about 3 inches from the light (with no more room to go). Had I flowered them after 2 or 3 days, it would've worked out about right with the 2ft max. Live and learn; I knew the 1st time would be educational; hell, the fact that I'm going to be able to harvest anything on a 1st attempt is bueno.(assuming things remain constant ;>)

It will be interesting to see how the reds affect de' buddin...........

My cheap phone cam doesn't like the light to much, perhaps I'll snag a friends for some future bud pics that you can actually see.............

W!CK :rollit:

By the Way-----I picked up the AG Deluxe off of Amazon for $177. That also came with the "Master Gardner" kit. I haven't used it yet but those pods will come in handy for seeds in the future. In one of the above photos you'll see the small plant with the dome over it. The plant in the middle started sprouting another shoot from the base, so as soon as it had 1 set of leaves I cut it and put clone gell on it and kept it in its own little pod with the dome. It had roots within 3 days, unfortunately this coincided with the 12/12 cycle and obviously I had to make a decision and being to lazy to go find a dirt store and pot and what not, I opted to transplant the little guy outside, the next day it (she) was gone, probably a possum......But the fact that you can get root action in that short a time is excellent, and that was with pretty potent nutrient mix....

L8:roorrip:

awesome i got one of the older models going and gonna go again with it i wish i had the one u had tho it would make things so much better

Here's a current photo-----there's to much light interference for a clear pick....

Looking good though-----

:rollit:

current.jpg

Yes, they probably would be.

My plants seem to be loving the red t5s.....I'll snap a new photo on Monday, that'll mark week 3 of flowerwitz................

:bong:

Here are some pics of the sprouting budz, once again, the cam phone kinda sux but it's all me gotz right now.....................

Crystals starting to show up along with some nice aroma............

dos.jpg

tres.jpg

uno.jpg

:rollit:

Nice plants & great job.

I think Santa needs to bring U a dogital camera for Xmas though, one with a macro setting...

I inherited a aeroponic clone machine (it look like it colors easter eggs..lol) from a friend. Hopefully someday I will B in a position to tell U all how it werx.

Topdeeni

Back
Top Bottom