Backpackin's Cherry Pie (Yummy) 2nd Grow!

Very nice looking plants and excellent setup. I just harvested my cherry pie and GSC and I can't wait to try them.. Cherry pie will grow some fat fat buds! I'm subbed for sure!! Great journal so far!

Thanks man! Yhea I have some GSC that I just took clones from about 4 days ago. They are going to be my next grow. These Cherry pie's are blowing up fast

Update: day 26 flower and they are looking delicious with plenty of more time to get even more delicious lol

My plant that was yellowing seems to be recovering I hit my rez with 5ml per liter of AN's Revive

anyways here are some pics. I am sorry about the angle of the photos. I am on my laptop using windows 8 which I am new too. And i edited and rotated the photo but they are still uploading like this. I dont like windows 8 much blah!!

20131011_2048211.jpg
20131011_2048271.jpg
20131011_2048331.jpg
20131011_2048421.jpg
20131011_2048531.jpg

Thanxx for the invite. Subbed :nicethread:

Hey, Backpackin, how'd you like your Tangerine Dream? It looked pretty in a couple journals, so I started one myself, but now I'm getting mixed reviews from others.

It looked like yours grew well. How did the buds turn out?

Hey, Backpackin, how'd you like your Tangerine Dream? It looked pretty in a couple journals, so I started one myself, but now I'm getting mixed reviews from others.

It looked like yours grew well. How did the buds turn out?

Not nearly as good as my Pineapple. Tangerine seemed very susceptible to PM. I had to battle it until he very end. Buds are not nearly as frosty as the pineapple and seems like it turned out blah. I am sure if it is grown properly it would turn out great. It does have a good fruity/citrus smell to it tho.

I grew it just like my pineapple the genetics I had were either weak or it had totally different feeding/growing needs then the pineapple, not sure.

It did produce huge cola's that were fairly dense too, but turned out to be like a b grade med

I really wish I saved a cutting of that pineapple chunk, never once did a spot of PM show up on thoes plants and they ate up nutes like it was going out of style. I do think I was feeding to much nutes which caused a nute lockout about 1/2 through flower which stunted the potential of both strains. Oh well live and learn I say.

Steppenwolf's didn't turn out all that well, either. He said the buds were wispy and he had it tested at 8.2% - kind of a dud from my point of view.

But apparently it's good to smoke. Maybe high brix will have a good effect on mine.

Steppenwolf's didn't turn out all that well, either. He said the buds were wispy and he had it tested at 8.2% - kind of a dud from my point of view.

But apparently it's good to smoke. Maybe high brix will have a good effect on mine.

I am sure it will turn out amazing with high brix! Yea mine definitely looks like its in the 8% THC department or somewhere around there.

Subbed!

I just picked up 2 Pineapples and 2 Tangerine seeds as well, then stumbled onto your other journal last night so of course I slowly perused through it. What was your final weight for the Pineapple? I know you harvested a little over a half pound wet, but I was curious what it dried down to? Also, b/c the tang had some sativa genes in it, I was thinking of timing it over the winter to bring some clones out into nature this spring and really let them stretch, what do you think? I gotta look up some decent soil recipes now.

Any advise for the Pineapples? Don't know what medium I want to plant in, but will definitely use a ScrOG. I will be doing THC bomb in Croutons probably starting in a week or two. Maybe the Pineapple would like some Heisenberg Tea as well and a nice crouton bed to finger through?

Any way, I am looking forward to your cherry pie grow and harvest!! +REPs man for screening these strains I got!

Hey man those were the dry weights. Think it was slightly over 8 ounces off the 3 pineapple plants and about the same off the tangerine plants.

Thoes Tangerine's stretch like freaking crazy. They stayed short and bushy until I hit 12/12 then grew like 3 feet. I am sure it would be beautiful outdoors, probably end up freaking huge!

I grew the pineapple in fox farm soil and have not had much experience with soil prior to that and now im doing rock wool cubes which I like alot better.

I loved the pineapple strain and I wish I still had a cut of it. I have about a half ounce of it left and it just gets freaking stinkier and tastier as the days go on.

Anyways I wanted to throw up a few pics of my cherry pies. Pics were from a couple days ago 30 days flower.

20131016_205852.jpg
20131016_205905.jpg
20131016_205909.jpg
20131016_205917.jpg
20131016_205923.jpg
20131016_205929.jpg

Great lookin grow man! Those little blocks hold in all that root mass well?

Great lookin grow man! Those little blocks hold in all that root mass well?

Thanks!! Yhea thoes blocks actually hold the plants great. the blocks are actually pretty big in size and they completely fill with roots. Once they are saturated with water they become pretty heavy and almost impossible to tip over. Once the roots come out at the bottom they are just air trimmed.

Alot of people place the blocks on rockwool slabs, but to be honest I dont really plan on vegging my plants in this tent and you usually have to veg them slightly longer to take advantage of the slabs so the roots can grow into them. I thought about trying it, but hey if it aint broke dont fix it.

What i meant was comparing to other grows both here and YouTube, I am able to see that a good root system really fills out the space well, but if all those roots were compacted into a block, would that hinder upper plant production?

What i meant was comparing to other grows both here and YouTube, I am able to see that a good root system really fills out the space well, but if all those roots were compacted into a block, would that hinder upper plant production?

Ahh I see what your saying now. I think as long as you keep your plants at a decent small/medium size It wont affect it too much. Now if you had a big plant that you vegged for like 6 weeks I would think you might get some root bound issues. I try to veg my plants for 3 weeks, but this cherry pie grow vegged slightly longer due to my tangerine dream taking like 10 weeks.

I am going to kind of steer away from sativa/ sativa dominate hybrids for the time being just because of this and hone my skills growing indicas that finish around 8 weeks.

Sub'd finally! Lol

So jealous of the hydro setup dude! Exactly what I'm hoping to do in the future. I want two hydro systems in my 4x8 running rock wool cubes just like yours lol. Hoping to take clones directly from my king cloner to the flower tent. Something like a hydro SOG or SCROG perpetual. Gotta save my pennies first. Still need a second hps light. Seems like the shopping list never gets smaller.

Keep up the great work! Definitely interested to see how big they get in those cubes :D

Back
Top Bottom