AFnOOb First Grow! Autoflower, Soil, Dwarf Low Flyer, LED

I don't give my 1st feeding until they are 4 weeks old, but I do not grow auto's. I am growing in HappyFrog soil.

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil so I didn't start giving nutrients until 5 1/2 weeks old. Prob could've gone a little bit longer because I never saw any nutrient deficiencies I just kinda felt like it was a good time to start. It was a really easy grow with the FFOF! i might get another of the same light or might get the 600w version or something else. Idk I haven't figured it out yet. The galaxy hydro seems to have one of the reddest spectrums of all the LEDs which is good for flowering but I want to add more wattage.
You got me feeling optimistic. Im brand new to growing. This is my 2nd run. My first one went horrible, so I ordered some autos and led's hoping it would get easier. I got 2 autos that I just put into the soil a week ago...im using fox farm happy frog soil...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't give my 1st feeding until they are 4 weeks old, but I do not grow auto's. I am growing in HappyFrog soil.

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

I might try the happy frog in the future. I still have enough OF for about 2 plants I think. It's almost too easy with this soil. I only had to feed about four weeks. I wanted it to be as easy as possible my first grow though so I could get a feel for the process without having a bunch of problems popping up. And most problems with growing seem to be nutrient oriented..

You got me feeling optimistic. Im brand new to growing. This is my 2nd run. My first one went horrible, so I ordered some autos and led's hoping it would get easier. I got 2 autos that I just put into the soil a week ago...im using fox farm happy frog soil...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'll stop by your journal and try to help if I can. Autos seem to be very easy, best advice would be to figure out your feeding schedule. Also test your runoff water after each watering. I got a little cocky and wasn't testing my runoff water and got nutrient lockout. My tap water is ph7 so I was adding ph down every watering and I guess it built up in the soil and made it really acidic.

I'll stop by your journal and try to help if I can. Autos seem to be very easy, best advice would be to figure out your feeding schedule. Also test your runoff water after each watering. I got a little cocky and wasn't testing my runoff water and got nutrient lockout. My tap water is ph7 so I was adding ph down every watering and I guess it built up in the soil and made it really acidic.
Yhe plant in the pic only had 1 1/2 oz's??? Looks like alot more.

Nice looking plant there afnoob.
I've got the same light as you and I'm about 13'' from the top of my plants without any sign of stress (yet) how close did you manage to get them?

I've got 2 autos running and the one light seems to be doing alright for both. I've got some DIY cobs on back order though :D

Nice looking plant there afnoob.
I've got the same light as you and I'm about 13'' from the top of my plants without any sign of stress (yet) how close did you manage to get them?

I've got 2 autos running and the one light seems to be doing alright for both. I've got some DIY cobs on back order though :D

I can't remember exactly how close I got but I know it was either 11" or 13" and the leaves started to yellow a little on the edges so I backed up to about 15". This was in late flower though and I was unaware that I had nutrient lockout at the time too which could've attributed to the discoloration. Yea I think you'll prob want more than one light for two plants for flower because the light doesn't spread out very far and you wanna keep it fairly close.

I can't remember exactly how close I got but I know it was either 11" or 13" and the leaves started to yellow a little on the edges so I backed up to about 15". This was in late flower though and I was unaware that I had nutrient lockout at the time too which could've attributed to the discoloration. Yea I think you'll prob want more than one light for two plants for flower because the light doesn't spread out very far and you wanna keep it fairly close.
420-magazine-mobile968757679.jpg

I have 2 MARS 300w leds, for 2 auto's. I bought 2 of these MARS hydro full spectrum lightbulbs (delivered yesterday) to put facing the side of each plant...hopefully to get maximum penetration.(I just want a big yield lol)...I still have to learn to top and LST them. I have my lights at 34" above my plants...they just popped out of the soil. Should I move them closer?

420-magazine-mobile968757679.jpg

I have 2 MARS 300w leds, for 2 auto's. I bought 2 of these MARS hydro full spectrum lightbulbs (delivered yesterday) to put facing the side of each plant...hopefully to get maximum penetration.(I just want a big yield lol)...I still have to learn to top and LST them. I have my lights at 34" above my plants...they just popped out of the soil. Should I move them closer?

I personally would move them closer. I think I started mine at about 25" and moved it a little closer every week. Just if you move it closer do it in small increments and keep an eye out for any damage in the following hours/days. I have galaxy hydro though not mars so yours could be a little different.

Yeah man, I've got a galaxyhydro 300w. My plants are at day 55.
I think I started around 26" from when they were really young. I then dropped about 2'' a day until the light is 18'' from the top. I then let the plant grow closer to the light, right now they're 12''.

It's my first grow so I'm keeping a close eye on them. As I'm doing more research on lighting it's apparent the cheaper diodes aren't as harsh so you can get them closer. It'll be a different story with 5w diodes.

Yeah man, I've got a galaxyhydro 300w. My plants are at day 55.
I think I started around 26" from when they were really young. I then dropped about 2'' a day until the light is 18'' from the top. I then let the plant grow closer to the light, right now they're 12''.

It's my first grow so I'm keeping a close eye on them. As I'm doing more research on lighting it's apparent the cheaper diodes aren't as harsh so you can get them closer. It'll be a different story with 5w diodes.
I have 5w diodes...the specs say 34" in germination stage so thats why I had em at that distance, but Id rather go with the experience of someone who has grew before over a standard spec...variations come into play ya know.

No need to get super close with the 5w's. Id Stick with the recommended heights when they're babies and then play around as they get older.

is it possible to grow in a tent like that with only lighting and maybe a small clip can, or do you need the exhaust and any other accessories? Thanks anyone

Yea I think it would definitely be possible. The main challenges would be keeping the temp down and smell. With my light my tent was generally around 78-82 degrees before I got my fan. Which is not too bad but my girl started to get stinky

Back
Top Bottom