Ak-47 - LED - DWC

20140915_165004.jpg
20140915_165207.jpg
20140915_165229.jpg

Some pics about 10 minutes before lights on. ..

Notice the purple stem beginning. I hope is natural from the strain or as a result of the polar vortex we had this weekend

20140915_165241.jpg

Just curious here but when do most of you switch to bloom nutrients.

I was going to wait until she finished stretching but maybe she needs a different npk balance already since she's throwing pistils everywhere?

As it stands I have about 10 branches some bigger than others but all with the potential for some buds. She's changed so much in such little time. if I look at a week old pic its quite a difference.

Everything looks healthy and green minus the slight purpling so I should be decent for now, but when growing autos there's no time to waste doing things wrong so I'd rather ask a dumb question than have a dumb plant

Thanks for the support so far I'm sure I wouldn't be this far ahead without you folks

So I probably should have switched by now or at least transitioned I guess. Seems to be growing pretty just not flowering at the top yet still getting taller growing nodes. I assume it will start sooner or later and I also assume that's the end of stretch?

Still throwing pistils everywhere. Some of them seem to be dying is this supposed to happen? The smell is pretty wonderful. It's like a pleasant skunk. Got another pic before lights came on. Not really good at all.

20140917_162358.jpg

yes, in my opinion you should add some boost nutes as she needs them from the moment she shows pistils.

have you changed light hours to 12/12 yet?, this will help her to build the hormone responsible for flowering, as a matter of fact my last grow with autos i did it with GLR & Diminishing Light Schedule to save electricity and had also better yield that way, seems that plants have less stress and look even healthier. you should give it a try mate

No haven't changed to 12 was under the impression 18 6 was for the full grow.

Just did a batch of half and half grow and bloom but I only did it half strength. Akela was drinking more water than nutes so since I have a tds pen I can monitor it now and just wondering if I can just add nutes as she drinks or if I should make a whole new batch if she's eating too much.

She's looking pretty beastly for what I thought I was getting with an auto she's at 9 inches of height now which is pretty much perfect. I think flower had begun up top I'll keep you posted.

hey there mate, i'm impressed with the size of your girl, hopefully you will get an above average yield out of her :goodluck:

you can go ahead with 18/6 for the rest of your grow, i have done that with no issues, but inoticed it was just a waste of money in electric bills, and waste of lifespan of grow lights too, your plant doesn't need 18 hours of light in flowering phase

Ppms dropped quite a bit in the morning. Understandable as I only fed half strength. Added 2 more ml of flora Nova bloom and grow and that brings it up to about 3 quarter strength.

Ppms have remained stable since the am but ph has raised 2 points to 6.0

I'm thinking is the calcium buffer again and I'll probably try to drop it using some florablend if possible if not a drop of ph down will bring me to 5.8 but I'd rather add something the plants and microbes can use rather than ph down.

I may just leave it at 6.0 until tomorrow morning for a 24 hour view of how my ppm and ph is fluctuating. If it goes up any more by then with otherwise stable ppms I'll just adjust ph, but I've a feeling she wants a couple more ml of n Nute strength

Otherwise everything is looking great for now thanks to all of you and the information on this forum

Thanks for watching

I knew she was going to need lots of calmag due to led but I've already had to add some today even though I added the recommended dose.

Ppm have been remaining stable but ph slowly dropping. I attributed that to the calcium being absorbed faster than the grow nutes so when I added the calcium my ph was 5.8

Hope I'm doing it right. She's just exploding with growth. I think she's at the 11 inch height so a foot tall seems realistic now. Maybe more. I have 5 feet of headroom so even a 3 footer would be cool in the tent.

I'm really anxious about tackling a photo plant. I'd love to veg and shape my plant to my liking to achieve the tastiest nugs with the space I have to work with.

The breakthroughs recently in the led field have been astounding. My little reflector panel is doing a great job but I've been unfaithful. I've had my eye on 2 different led grow lights with very different takes on led technology. The spider and the Platinum led 150.

I'd like to see what two p150s in my tent would do. But I think the spider cob may have deeper penetration. Two 150 would have a wider spread and reduce dark shadow areas. They'd also cost me less during Veg with the selective switch. They cost more up front though. And cob is the newer technology. I'm so conflicted. I'll concentrate on getting a nice harvest on the 48x3w TopLED reflector right now and decide near the end what my next step is.

My ph is still dropping

I see no signs of root rot and don't understand it. Took out 2 cups of nutes and added straight rain water and brought it to about 1000 ppm and ph 6.0. I'll watch it tonight and tomorrow morning and decide what to do. If it continues to be weird I'll just clean everything and start a new batch. Probably do 6 ml flora Nova bloom per gal with my additives.

Other than this ph dropping issue the growth seems great. Haven't measured but I'm pretty sure Akela broke 12 inches today.

Back
Top Bottom