Ak-47 - LED - DWC

Nice grow Nine44! I am doing an all LED hydro grow as well. I had no idea calmag was eating up under LED faster than recommended dosage. I was told a week ago or so that adding calmag to the res during the week wont help much because calmag wont mix well after other nutrients are in the water and that may be your PH problem and why adding stuff to the ress isn't working. I had the PH droping problem last week and nothing I did stopped it so I just ended up changing the water and soaking/flushing the hydroton. New batch of nuts and water and it seems the problem is gone, but I did go heavy on aquashield+orca to make sure that there are no root issues.

Well there's definitely a problem. PH is 5.6 now about 24 hours later. That's 4 pts lower.

My roots seem very strong and not slimey. The res doesn't smell bad. Kind of wish my nutes didn't stain the roots tan so I could know for sure if there was root rot but it's a little late for that lol.

So today I'll be mixing a new batch of nutes. Going to buy 2 gallons of distilled water to rule out any problem with my rain water. The rain water tests at ph 7.0 and 23 ppm so I don't see it being a problem though.

Any other ideas? Luckily the plant doesn't seem phased and is continuing to grow pistils in clusters. The lower branches flowers seem to be denser than the top Cola for now but I'm sure it will start to bulk up some more up top with some time.

Whoops missed that there was another page and an informative post.

Anyone with any info on the order in which one should add nutrients and additives.

The only one I knew before now was silica must be added directly to the water first but now I can add calmag to that list.

I was also always adding florablend last as I think I had read that somewhere.

But when should you add all the other stuff. Or does it not matter.

Just using some gh products. Diamond nectar, floralicious plus, koolbloom, and of course now it will be base nute gh floranova bloom.

I'm using flora nova it's a one part base nute.

Just mixed up a new batch with mixing calmag first. It's 1230 ppm which seems a little high but I did add 150 percent of the calmag listed on the bottle.

PH is at 5.6 right now which is fine if it climbs but bad if it drops. I will watch closely and adjust as necessary but I hope it goes back to normal.

Filled a bucket with rainwater and enzymes and gave my roots a bubble bath of that while I mixed up my nutrients. Confirmed that my roots are nice and white for the most part although there's a cluster of roots that almost look knotted together or something that was more tan but it could be the nutes stained it darker there... at least I'm hoping.

So for those keeping count in about 8l of 23 ppm rain water I dropped

24 ml of calmag
10 ml of silica blast
12 ml of flora Nova bloom
10 ml diamond nectar
5 ml liquid koolbloom
10 ml florablend
2ml floralicious plus

With 16 ml voodoo juice and 8 drops of enzyme.

I'll keep ya posted on the health of my little girl. She's officially 12.5 inches tall today. Currently 14 inches away from the light. When she grows to 12 inches away I will try to maintain that level daily throughout flower.

Hopefully someone down the road reads what I'm going through and it helps them out

20140923_191047.jpg
Looks like I'm growing a little flower up top. How does it look?

Not quite an orchid or rose but I wouldn't turn it down on valentine's

Nice job!! I've been doing some reading on mixing. It seems in this order do calmag, silica, aquashield (or similar products) then Beneficial's last go micro grow bloom (if using 3part). O ic u r using 1 part nutrient solution. Try adding that absolutely last

I added the bloom close to last but I added floralicious plus after it because it makes the solution really dark as soon as you add that.

PH stabilized to 5.8 after about half hour of bubbling and has held there so far tonight.

Got my fingers crossed

Hydrofun your grow is looking great as well I can't wait to try a photo period plant some time in the near future. I'll keep an eye on yours as well good luck

When your ppm drop and your pH rises your plants are drinking more nutrients then water and you can slightly increase your nutrient strength. When your ppm rises and your pH drops your plants are drinking more water then nutrients and the nutrient strength should be reduced. I use the add back method where I add pH adjusted water back to the reservoir between water changes.

Whoops missed that there was another page and an informative post.

Anyone with any info on the order in which one should add nutrients and additives.

The only one I knew before now was silica must be added directly to the water first but now I can add calmag to that list.

I was also always adding florablend last as I think I had read that somewhere.

But when should you add all the other stuff. Or does it not matter.

Just using some gh products. Diamond nectar, floralicious plus, koolbloom, and of course now it will be base nute gh floranova bloom.

I would consult General Hydroponics on the order to add your nutrient supplements.

Here is General Hydroponics contact page

High out there

Things are looking decent. At least now things are corresponding with what should be happening. PH dropped .1 in 24 hours while ppm went up by 70 ppm. I'm not concerned as growth looks great right now so I'm going to wait until she drops to 5.6 and add 7.0 rain water as needed. To get her to 5.8. And ppm to around 1130 or so.

Getting hard to take pics of her she's getting quite wide and tall. 13.5 inches today and 13 inches from the light. Going to have to start moving it on up regularly probably starting tomorrow by the looks of it

Pics for the people's

IMG_20140924_182021.jpg
IMG_20140924_182121.jpg

Very nice. How do you guys keep the leaves spread out so nicely. I have to defoliate in veg to keep some air flow I don't get the vertical growth and get stuck with a hedge bush. Your plants are perfect height and width. So nice!

I can't be sure but my nodes were way tighter before I started using dutch masters saturator and liquid light, but it could have been flower stretch.

Ppm dropped to 1000 now as it kept slowly creeping up. PH 6.0 after removing nute solution and adding fresh water. Hopefully I've got it closer to being dialed in now

This plant has grown so nicely I should have done some colloidal silver and made myself some seeds.

I was given 4 rapid rooter squares. Not the plugs but cut out of the mat I guess. Are these good for starting seeds as well or mostly for cloning.

Thanks for the compliments I honestly can't say what made the spacing the way it is. I had the led about 2 feet above the canopy for Veg and just allowed it to grow into the light for the most part

My nodes were quite tight maybe about a half inch apart but like o said earlier the foliar spray gave me some extra height and branch length I think.

So this morning about 1 hour before lights out the top most leaves are a bit droopy. Does this men the plant is tired and I should start diminishing the hours of light?

I'm still a bit high at 1000 ppm I think this strain of auto should be at 900 or so to max out.

I've been trying to find some hydroguard but it's extremely unavailable on the great white North apparently. Something about it being held up at the border?

Funny how teenage gangsters can get access to fully automatic weapons but I can't get a product to help me grow my meds.

Back
Top Bottom