AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

Re: AK47 Serious Seeds, First Grow, CFL, Soil

doublejointed

Hey glad to see you're interested in the grow.

I would have liked to use some sort of open frame but these aren't your average CFLs, they are like a foot long each and 5 together weighs an awful lot, the board seemed to work best as it was the most stable and the fact that the board acts as a reflector :)

Yeah no problem,

These lights were bought as an emergency as i was having some temperature problems and this one was quite cooler than the other blue/veg light.

DSC_09785.JPG

DSC_09795.JPG

The original ( hotter /but/ higher lumen output ) will be using again once ventilation is fixed

DSC_09823.JPG

DSC_09835.JPG

The red/flowering version

DSC_09805.JPG

DSC_09814.JPG

Hope this helps :) if you have any questions just ask

:peace:

Just a quick update.

I added two 120mm/5in computer fans on the light board to extract heat directly away from the bulbs, it seems to be working.

Vent to the outside was installed today, quite some work but a nice tidy job. (will post pics)

All I need now is this inline fan and ill actually have some beautiful air flow :) so excited

Here are a few progress pics

DSC_09704.JPG

DSC_09714.JPG

DSC_09723.JPG

DSC_09734.JPG

DSC_09742.JPG

DSC_09762.JPG

thanks for posting the pics ....great job on ur light frame, i'm sure the fan will keep things cool enough....plants look great, lots of luck with them

Biobizz fish mix is pretty good stuff for vegging helps promote benifical microbes 'n' what not in the soil :love: & even used it in flowering.

Bio heaven & top max are worth looking at also :thumb:

Like the set up & look fowards to your results under the cfls :peace:

Today was the first day i fed the little guys nutes

I gave them Fish Mix the recommended dose is 5ml to every litre so I only used 1ml per litre so we will see how they feel after it :)

Peace :peace:[/QUOTE
i hope u ment to say little girls and not guys

Today was the first day i fed the little guys nutes

I gave them Fish Mix the recommended dose is 5ml to every litre so I only used 1ml per litre so we will see how they feel after it :)

Peace :peace:[/QUOTE
i hope u ment to say little girls and not guys

Well the seeds aren't feminised so I'm using guys as a general term for everybody until they hit puberty :) ha ha

Just Another update.

Things are looking good, we have the beginning of a lot of side branching now on most of them :)

Temps got out of control for a day and the plants weren't happy, we had some minor burning on some of them where water droplets on the leaves evaporated really quickly and left some little brown dried out spots, there was some slight leaf curling and drying too but nothing to worry about.

The temps and humidity are stable at the moment so everything should bounce back pretty well :)

Thank god these things are happening in veg rather than flower, at least everything can be sorted out before the changeover.

Here are some pics from today of the plants and some of the set up of the box, enjoy :)

DSC_1022.JPG

Below: A more Sativa looking phenotype. (This plant was the last to germinate and its now the biggest)

DSC_1018.JPG

Below: The sativa phenotypes branch development.

DSC_1019.JPG

Below: A more Indica looking phenotype.

DSC_1020.JPG

Below: These are the 2 computer case fans that were installed into the light board to extract the heat directly away from the lights.
The heat was being trapped underneath the board and now it can be moved into the higher section of the box towards the extraction

DSC_1023.JPG

Below: This is the double extraction fan and the light board pulleys

DSC_1024.JPG

Happy to hear any Comments, Opinions or Suggestions :)

Thank you

nice looking plants! plus reps

:goodjob:

nice looking plants! When are you going to go to 12/12? hopefully soon with the amount of light available. Not trying to be negative but when those plants start to take off in flower they will double in size and eat light up like crazy just something to consider. + reps for the great start!

nice work they look great.
staking the fans was a good idea.
i would agree with gittergreen maybe not right now but pretty soon. i grow with 125 watt cfls to.(only for veg) and they really eat up the light.
they just don't penetrate very well once they get big.
looking great

nice looking plants! When are you going to go to 12/12? hopefully soon with the amount of light available. Not trying to be negative but when those plants start to take off in flower they will double in size and eat light up like crazy just something to consider. + reps for the great start!

Thanks for the rep Gittergreen :)

Well the inline fan is going to be bought on tuesday , only problem is that I don't think it comes pre wired and I don't know where or what wires to get :p but until its installed I won't be able to run all the lights that I want to for flower because even with 2 lights the temps sometimes reach over 32c (89f) which is ridiculous as you know :p

I'm also going to take cuttings off all of them soon so that in a separate box they will be flowered so all the males in the main box will be revealed and can be removed :)

I know we're looking at another 2 or 3 weeks but the plants will be extensively trained by then so it shouldn't be too much of a problem its going to be as even a canopy as possible :)

Thanks for joining in

nice work they look great.
staking the fans was a good idea.
i would agree with gittergreen maybe not right now but pretty soon. i grow with 125 watt cfls to.(only for veg) and they really eat up the light.
they just don't penetrate very well once they get big.
looking great

Nice to see you joining in Papalolo420

Thanks, the extra fan didn't actually increase the CFM or anything but it really helped give a much smoother efficient air flow :)

Yeah it's disappointing about the low light penetration but I'm going to try and get a nicely spread even canopy to try and utilise as much of the light as possible.

Back
Top Bottom