AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

Just a quick photo update

Below: A group shot of the 5 remaining girls :)

11597.JPG

:peace:

Update:

I couldn't wait any longer and decided to Re-Pot the Girls :)

This also meant that other girls had to be pulled :rip: but its not so bad because we still have all the clones.
But that Did Not Make the decision any easier ha ha

I pulled one girl because it was the same Phenotype as another one, except with less development so she had to go.

4 Plants were remaining, exactly the number I wanted to go into flower. These were all Un-Bound from their LST and Re-Potted into their 7 Litre ( 2 Gal ) Pots.

Then came the Laborious job of Re-LSTing all the plants, It took a good 2-3 hours to tie down all the branches properly but it was a job well done and I was happy with the results :)

I then tried to put all 4 plants into the box and realised that with the LST on all plants there was serious overcrowding so another girl had to go. This was an extremely difficult decision as I had gone through all the effort of fixing the branches properly and really wanted the 4 of them in there.

In my mind there were 2 finalists to be examined so I took them out to come to a decision on which to chop, Both plants looked beautiful and I didn't want to chop either of them but while moving the branches and leaves around checking the number of Tops etc. one plant gave off an unmistakeable Blast of Potent odour that we all know so well.

Remember this plant is still in Veg and smelled extremely strongly of a potent potent bag of stinky weed :) So she had to stay and the other one that didn't really smell like anything unfortunately had to go.

We are now left with 3 girls with beautiful characteristics :) Each somehow different than the other, it will be interesting to see the differences in the effects of the finished product.

They all got a good watering of plain 6.5 PH water to be gentle to the traumatised roots after Re-Potting

Here are some pictures of the work that was done on the girls today:

Below: Overhead view of the Open Canopy from LST on all 4 plants.

11599.JPG

Below: 4 Plants Level Canopy.

21209.JPG

Below: Overhead view of the 3 remaining Plant Canopy in the Grow Box.

4752.JPG

Below: 3 remaining chosen Plants Level Canopy in the Grow Box.

31074.JPG

Everything Looks a little Rough and Wild but that will only be until all the tops start reaching for the light.

I will post another update as soon as everything is reaching for the light again :)

Hope you Enjoyed this one.

Peace

You did a hell of a job with the lst to get an even canopy. Any pointers on this. My canopy isn't that even on my current grown and I want to do a better job with my next grow. Looking good as always tho. Happy growing!!

nice work man. must of been heartbreaking choosing between your girls but you done what needed done for the greater good. look forward to seeing the remaining 3 bounce back from repotting.how long till u go 12/12? :peace:

Thanks pac-mon, It actually was heartbreaking to see her go but as you said, it needed to be done for the greater good :)

Well I'm just waiting for all the tops to stretch a little bit more before I switch over but hopefully it should be in about a week or less if everything goes according to plan.

Happy to see you are enjoying the grow so far :)

Peace

You did a hell of a job with the lst to get an even canopy. Any pointers on this. My canopy isn't that even on my current grown and I want to do a better job with my next grow. Looking good as always tho. Happy growing!!

Thank you for the complements on the LST Easeedoesit :)

As for how I got the even canopy, it actually wasn't that hard, I will post some pictures for you with thorough instructions on how I done it, Tomorrow when I get the chance.

It should explain it fully for you :)

Peace

HELP NEEDED - URGENT

The plants are getting very big with all those Tops and I am beginning to think that I will only have room for 2 of them :(

Because the decision to chop the last girl was so difficult I would like the 420 community to help me with this one.

So lets put it to a Vote, Which Girl should get the chop ?

Below are 3 pictures of each of the remaining girls. I have given them nicknames based on traits I have observed in them and to give you a name to vote for.

The contenders are as follows:

1.) Ms. Sativa

2.) Ms. Purple

3.) Ms. Tropical

I will post a description along with each picture to help with your decision making.

Please leave a comment stating your opinion on which girl should be pulled and what your reasoning behind the decision is. :)

Below: Ms. Sativa. She was the Last plant to sprout ( No. 9 ) but was the fastest growing of them all and very quickly grew larger and faster than everyone else. Beautiful Sativa characteristics, everything except the stretchyness. She seems to be more tollerant to heat and drought than the rest. Very compact with profuse branching in every direction and small, slender sativa leaf fingers. It seems to have a natural bushyness which is strange for the plant that looks to be most Sativa like.
She is my Favourite of the 3

Sativa_9.JPG

Below: Ms. Purple. She was the First plant to sprout ( No. 1 ) It grew fast with the tightest but most inter-nodes of all and still managed to still stay shorter than the rest. It is one of the most compact of all the plants and has one of the highest densities of growth. This plant has Indica characteristics in the sense of having darker fatter leaf fingers and being quite a squat plant but Its leaves are almost miniature compared to the other plants ha ha i suppose this would mean good light penetration. It has one of the best branching structures of the lot. All of the leaf stems on this girl are completely Purple and all of the branches have purple veins running along them, the other plants do not have this to near the same extent.
This is how she got her name.

Purple_13.JPG

Below: Ms. Tropical. She was the Second Last plant to sprout ( No. 8 ) This plant was very fast growing but had a little more stretching than the others. This is the plant that has that potent potent weed stench when it is touched or even moved around a little, this is the only one that has this. The leaves on this plant are somewhat Sativa like, except that they seem to be very large over all in comparison to the others. This one did not respond as well as the others to the Topping, Fimming and LSTing , as you can see it has less but bigger bulkier branches. This plant seems a slight bit more sensitive to heat than the others but nothing that would cause any problems. Her Stench is what is making it so difficult in deciding weather to remove her because I don't know weather this means she could be more potent than the others.
She got her name because her leaves remind me of the leaves of a Palm Tree :)

Tropical_7.JPG

Please Vote and Post your Opinions and your Reasoning. The more Votes the Better. :)

I really need your help and would greatly appreciate it in making this decision.

Hopefully we might be able to get an interesting discussion going :)

heavy times man.so much time and care have gone into these plants it's a real shame they can't all make it to the finish line.Im wondering if you removed 2 of the lowest branches from each plant would u be able to keep all 3.or are you able to sit 1 outside your grow area and keep it veging under natural light until you have flowered the remaining 2 that way when they are done you are half way to a 2nd bonus crop?
I dare say you will see some stretching when you go 12/12 so maybe your decision should be the smallest 2.to me stinky ms tropical is a keeper and since ms sativa is your fav that's the 2 I'd pick to progress to the next round.all the best mate :peace:

plant it outside perhaps?

I vote to get rid of #3 ms tropical. It looks like #1 and #2 will offer you a good mix of indica and sativa traits. Just purely by looks #3 appears to be less healthy than the others. Also the fact that it is not as resistant to heat as the others finalizes my choice. Keep up the good work

I agree here! Hope this helps.

-TG

Back
Top Bottom