Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

GPW is for dry weight.

Well, life and plans change... This grow journal should still have a few legs left in it. I went to the dispensary for the first in 6 weeks and noticed some new strains available... At prices I couldn't say no too.

I picked up:

1 x Mendo Purple

1 x Lightwalker (skywalker?) I need to go check the label again.

and

1 X Blue Dream to grow clones from for this Summers outdoor grow plans.

All three girls have been changed into new grow mediums and placed in the old 36/12 light space that Ms Stinky lived in. Its now converted to 24/0 with 300 watts of CFL for this Veg cycle. Once they have a month in Veg space, I will move them outdoors for the second leg of my plants for my Winter/Spring Grow.

I also checked on Ms Cherry Bomb, and she is building nice little budlets currently. So it appears I will have something to harvest late Feb or Early March, and stuff in April and May... Cant complain about flavor choices soon.

wish i could buy clones too i envy you mate LOL
in fact i wish i could go to a dispensary, totally illegal where i live

good luck and the best of green vibes to your new grow!
i will be harvesting in march too :)

After the current Mr Baggy & Jerry seed adventure, I am going to figure out the self pollination process, and start to build my own seed bank of name brand labels from clones available at my dispensary.

I like the idea of spending $10, vegging a known commercial grade female plant, making it a mother plant, with healthy daughter clones, taking one of those clones and self pollinating that.

Boom, your own supply of seeds of that flavor with a good idea of the plant charastics should already be. At least that is the idea. The next is to start grafting these clones onto old reveg plants and generate a true Mother Plant with multi strains on it. I want both. A living donor and the ability to generate seeds of great plants.

hey there aki :) how is the new project going? ;)

Hi, sorry for the lack of comments. The grow.. goes... lol

I pulled Mr Baggy and Ms Jerry is in the seed way. Its clear she is making seeds. I cant wait to have a collection of what is two high end strains crossed. I am going to call these plants "Stinky Bags"... and if it rocks, I will keep it around. I should have a ton of seeds.

I am in the middle of a multi day rain event. North of here its reported to be as high as 20 inches of rain, so say 50 CM of rain in a multi day event, after a drought for years. WE need the rain. We dont need it all at once. We average about -80 cm of rain over the last 3 years.

However in most places we only expect 5-10 cms of rain in the next few days...

Aki

All CMs are estimated based on a multi glasses of red wine...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in updates... Both grow spaces are rocking along. I have 3 clones and bunch of veggies in the old 36/12 space... Its in 24/0 mode currently. However...

Lets Start with Ms CherryBomb her self

The much maligned Cherry Bomb is nearing her end. She is starting to thicken up her buds now. I made some last moment changes and removed the last of the 5500 light in the area, and plugged in 2 x 2700 at 65 watts each. So, for the home stretch it will have max 2700 with a total of 5 x 65 watt CFLs in there.

I need to pull some leaves and get her ready for harvest. Once its done, I will fog the garage a few times and then place a bunch of clones in here for vegging for outdoor growing this Spring. My window of growing indoors with out air conditioning in my garage is ending. I live in a location where average temps go over 100 degrees on given any day between May and Oct...

IMG_32619.JPG
IMG_326011.JPG
IMG_32597.JPG
IMG_32589.JPG
IMG_32577.JPG

Clone Zone

Here is the kids in growth mode. I had 130 watts of 2700 in that I just removed, and added the 105 watts of 5500, plus 46 watts of 6500. The space is now hopefully a bit more bush friendly vs stretch friendly. I want these plants to start to bulk up in leaves now, before I place them in the pots that are waiting in my grow space here

Akisunni Outdoor NorCal Winter/Spring 2015 Grow

Now for the clone pics. They are about 2 weeks old now, and starting to grow rapidly. I might have stretched them a bit much, but since they are going outdoors in 2 weeks or so, I dont mind if they gain some length to grow into during their flower stage. Once these three are gone... I will prob back fill with 6 small clones and start growing them for outdoor placement this summer.

I like the idea of giving my winter/spring outdoor plants as much of a head start as I can. I am going to put plants out until mid march first, then grow everything else for Mid May summer planting. If I can put out a small bush vs a stick for summer growing I am that farther along when flower season starts.

IMG_32529.JPG
IMG_32518.JPG
IMG_32545.JPG

My wife has invaded the 24H grow space with some baby tomatos and basil, et al..

IMG_32568.JPG
IMG_32454.JPG

And the Big News... My second oldest daughter called me Sunday and said... "Daddy, about the flu I had last week..." It appears I am going to be a grandpa for the first time in my life. I am extremely happy to have a future new member of the family. I am worried about the unplanned nature of this one. I cant say much, I was pretty much her age, when I had her sister.

So, you can call me...

Grandpa Aki:circle-of-love::Namaste: about harvest time this fall...

*Failure in Beans to sprout*

My attempt to grow 10 beans from my 80's seed bank failed. I tried putting them into wet moss and putting that in a warm but dimly lit area. Unfortunately we went 0-10 in this batch. I believe I need to try scruffing the side next.

On this batch the soaked seeds showed no signs of germinating. No rotting either. Its like their skin is made of iron now. I needed to post an update on them.

I am looking forward to my only supply of seeds from Jerry the Door Girl. She and Mr Baggy made seeds under a dome this winter. He is gone, well most of him is gone. I took his head and placed it and a bunch of pollen sacks in two layers of ziplock bags in the deep freeze for any other tests I want to do.

Try soaking them in fulvic acid, if you have some (and you should get some for the value it brings to your soil community). I hear that works well. The growing seeds look exciting. Life thrives in your world aki.

Hey Ak, missed a bit. What are you doing about your spider mites? That's a SOLID outbreak. Sorry dude.

-J.

Yep, its nasty. I have to fob bomb the garage space, and basically call it a season in there. I have clones growing in veg state in the space next to Ms Cherry. I need to remove them, fog the garage a few times and sterilize the grow space.

I will be taking fresh clones from the new three Mom plants (Skywalker, Blue Dream, Mendo Purple) and moving those indoors to start vegging, I will do all of this when I harvest Ms Cherry and turn her buds into secondary product. They are growing like crazy. Extremely happy clones.

Also update:

I pulled the original Big girl today, from the outdoor space also. She just wasnt happy, and I would rather have a replacing clone growing like crazy instead.

the vinegar spray isnt helping at all?

Spider mites are like fungus gnats only worse. Even when you think you've killed them all, there's always one or two left over who start the infestation again and if you have actually got em all, there'l be eggs somewhere that hatch and kick it off once more.. I also found that the little bastards build immunities bloody fast, maybe between generations so a method of treatment will only work for a very short period.. Hate em. Realllly hate em. My last(1st proper) crop was decimated by the bastards..

-J.

i understand. immunity is a tough thing to deal with which is why i suggested treating at the highest dose possible at first then taper once its under control. vinegar wont kill the bugs but it will help repel them from wanting to live there. you can spray vinegar twice a day (or even more if you have the time) without any harmful side effects. i would definitely start using it along with your primary treatment if you arent already.

Indoor Veg Update:

The girls are doing amazing, the shift to more 5500-6500 has helped. Its shocking how quickly these plants can grow in three weeks or so. I took clones from each of these today. There are now 2 blue dream baby clones, and 1 skywalker and 1 mendo purb in my indoor office clone space in the desk.

IMG_33124.JPG

IMG_33157.JPG

IMG_33115.JPG
IMG_33107.JPG
IMG_33094.JPG
IMG_33085.JPG

The 3 plants might not last much longer before I have to push them outside, do to how fast they are growing up on me. Oh well, if the new clones take, we can put these girls out any time now.

This is the veg garden over here.

Wife has a bunch of very happy tomatoes started in here...
IMG_33134.JPG
IMG_33149.JPG

Ms CherryBomb

Otherwise known as the infested one... is nearing her last days. I may harvest her tomorrow in fact, and start the decontamination of her space. I will first mix up a cocktail of Clorox Bleach, Fresh Lemons and Vinegar diluted about 50% so its about as unfriendly as I can make it. I will then spray down the whole space, with the lights included...

Back
Top Bottom