Akisunni Outdoor NorCal Winter/Spring 2015 Grow

Aki, the heated soil combined with the domes makes a lot of sense. You may have to plan for some air circulation to avoid a stagnate, humid and warm climate build up. Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into the project, I can't wait to see where it goes!

Agree completely (air circulation). I want to add some CO2 Augmentation to the outdoor winter grow dome top assembly next winter. Also, for now I am keeping the domes about 75% closed with 25% open to allow natural wind flow to cycle the CO2 and moisture away from the plants. I am trying 75%, 85% and nearly 100% to see which seems to work best in current conditions. Obviously I will need a few years of doing this to have any level of confidence in any estimated scenario in the future.

One of the things I love about this art we call growing MJ plants is the ability to replicate and estimate average results with same clones. Its rare in natural life to get this ability. We can take an equiv plant and stress it 10 different ways and use control clones for base lining results.

The heated soil, with a closed loop (no wasted water) and a run time measured in minutes per hour during sun light only, begs to be turned into a solar powered one, with battery backup. I personally love the idea of a winter grow zone, full heated by spare sunlight in full winter.

I need to find a 32 gallon container that is clear, they would make the perfect grow dome for next winter. The plants would have 3-4ft they could grow in that was weather protected with a warm rising heat from the ground to the top of the dome approach. Hmm

Aki

Outdoor Update Time

The Deed has been done in the Love Shack

Due to Mr Baggy doing his thing, this update will only include an outdoor series of pics. I need to decontaminate before going inside near Ms Cherry Bomb who is in late stages of bud development.

IMG_31924.JPG
IMG_31936.JPG
IMG_31946.JPG

I popped the tent on the love shack, and could see expended husks from Mr Baggy. I looked over at Ms Jerry and she appears to have started to focus on life changes her self. I do believe we are in the seed way.

IMG_31905.JPG
IMG_31915.JPG

I pulled Mr Baggy, chopped his head off, placed that inside of a plastic bag, inside of a plastic bag for double the layers, and now in the back of the deep freezer. The rest of Mr Baggy has been placed in a plastic garbage bag and placed in the bottom of our bin.

IMG_32195.JPG
IMG_32206.JPG
IMG_32186.JPG
IMG_32175.JPG

If all goes to plan, only Ms Jerry will get seeds, but she will have a LOT of them for her size. I should have some working pollon if I want to cross any more plants for seeds. Next step is to do a self pollination, but I will wait until I have a new supply of clones. Most likely Blue Dreams.

Big Girl

Is starting to show signs of revegging outdoors in Winter. She is starting to get fresh green growth and breaking apart a bud or two. I will prob need to chop off the sugar buds I want to keep, and let her go to veg mode with the rest.

IMG_31978.JPG
IMG_31965.JPG
IMG_31954.JPG
IMG_31985.JPG
IMG_32017.JPG
IMG_32027.JPG

Twins

Are doing great in their grow spaces. I added two types of worms (red worms and nightcrawlers) a couple of days ago to all three spaces outdoors. The two twins are getting a couple of hours of 80 degree temps inside of their grow domes per day. Lows are around 45-50 but starting to rise already.

IMG_32045.JPG
IMG_32059.JPG
IMG_32064.JPG
IMG_32084.JPG
IMG_32092.JPG
IMG_32107.JPG
IMG_32118.JPG
IMG_32129.JPG

we use a lot of green onions here
I avoid parsley /cilantro with a passion tho :rofl:

We (the better half and I), love to grow. We have had gardens at our last 4 homes (at least), even if only a pot garden on the balcony. This house came with amazing raised beds and the twin grow spaces in the back corner I have taken over. cough cough

Garden has pea's, onions, carrots, spinach, lettuce currently. I added more pea's and radishes this weekend. Tomorrow I will get real busy and see if I cant get in 4-5 more strains of early spring garden stuff. I have lots of the grow (moving) domes, so will try to get the garden in before the monster rain storm hits this weekend.

1-10 inches of rain with a max of 20 inches of rain in some coastal mountain areas. We can use the rain so no complaints.

Aki

I grew some Tokyo turnips the first batch turned out great the second attempt the bugs got to it so fast it didn't even have a chance to grow as soon as it sprouted it got eaten tried one more time same result then I gave up my outdoor garden
except for green oinions everytime she buys some and uses it I plant it lol
its sitting to a big rosemary plant that started out the same time I grew my first turnips now its fairly huge if it was in the ground it would be spreading out for sure :thumb:

We had a couple of basil plants that lived indoors in pots and lasted for multi years. They grew bark and honestly would be alive now if I hadnt killed them in a move. We just planted a bunch of new herbs and stuff for spring. I hope to get a year around spice zone going in the 24/0 doors.

im on the main island where everything comes first where all the best hospitals are and where most of the military is
im sure you can fathom a guess one of the most famous landmarks of Hawaii sits on our south shore :thumb:

Aki, some of those photos show great examples of why cannabis is called weed, sometimes it can survive through some crazy happenings, and then at other times, what appears to be minor problems kills them deader than a door nail. Both outdoor gardens are looking great!

Hey Guys,

Its wet weather here. Not much to see. Ms Baggy is growing seeds intently under her dome, Twins are doing very little so far but getting bushier under their domes, Big Girl's third crop rotted on the vine.

I will just allow her to grow through them. They have lots of little black dots on them. I am pondering chopping them off, not sure what to do with her at this point. I was thinking a grafting different strains on her. However I don't want to move her back indoors at this point as I don't have a place and she is now an outdoor plant.

So what would you do with a mature healthy plant that is starting to grow fresh new leaves, but wont be ready for a new crop for MONTHS... if ever...

While its raining, I have been thinking of a growers coop. Are there any known 420 mag sources I should consider? If you wanted to start a grow coop in California, who should you turn to? I have enough RX's available to consider the issue of starting a non profit coop in Cali...

I spent today building new hardware builds with different LCD sizes. My plant grow tech is starting to hit a stage where we move from raw to semi polished prototypes.

Aki

Outdoor Post Storm Update

Twins and Grow Zone

Hey guys been a week while we had rain and what not. More on the what not at the end of this post.

The outdoor area is coming along nicely. Here is my happy grow corner. Due to the placement of tree's and homes, this corner is the best space to grow in my backyard with out making it obvious to the whole world. The twins are doing great. I have removed their grow domes and allowing them to enjoy full sun/nights at this point.

IMG_32465.JPG

IMG_32355.JPG
IMG_32367.JPG
IMG_32374.JPG
IMG_32384.JPG
IMG_32397.JPG

First hairs are visible now...

IMG_32416.JPG
IMG_32404.JPG

Big Girls slow growth

She is starting to grow some new leaves. They dont appear to be interested in forming buds at this time, but we will what happens. I need to remove some top buds on areas that show no signs of green life.

IMG_32448.JPG
IMG_32424.JPG
IMG_32435.JPG

Jerry the Door Girl from indoor Grow

IMG_324810.JPG
IMG_32508.JPG
IMG_32495.JPG

If those purple bumps are what I think they are... we are growing seeds here. I think I will call this strain... StinkyBags... after its parents.

The outdoor plants are doing great. Weather here is mid 60's and warming up. I have an update to go write on the indoor thread too, but suffice it to say I am a little bit distracted.

My second oldest daugher (21 in a few months), informed me that I am going to be an unplanned Grampa... I am extremely excited to have a new member of the family. I am saddened her life will be burdened with starting a family so young. I have nothing to say, as my oldest daughter was born when I was the same age. :goodjob: shakes head... :thumb: oh well, in the end, we are blessed to have a new one in the hopper... :love:

I am still a bit confused at the idea of being a grandparent someday soon though... My immortal era is slipping away to middle aged grand parentdom...

Here is to a future healthy happy baby... :circle-of-love:
:Namaste:

Grandchildren are a gift of love from the universe. Looking into the living eyes of your future is a heady experience. You'll be a wonderful grandpa. :love:

Outside Quick Update:

I spent today sitting next to the Big Girl, cutting away the dead leaves that have built up. While she is pretty bald at the moment, there was a surprising amount of small fresh green growth under most of the buds. I think she will survive. I have a funny feeling she is close to putting on a major burst of reveg growth, at least I hope so, I want new clones from her.

Grandchildren are a gift of love from the universe. Looking into the living eyes of your future is a heady experience. You'll be a wonderful grandpa. :love:

Thank You Sue, today I saw a picture of the first sonogram... A heart beats... :love:

Outside Quick Update:

Thank You Sue, today I saw a picture of the first sonogram... A heart beats... :love:

That made me tear up. We weren't privy to most of those delightfully wondrous moments. I'm so glad you'll get to be involved. Did you feel the universe shift? :love:

Quick Update:

The Twins are doing great. However, Big Girl wasnt happy with winter vegging, and I decided to pull her today. I would rather have a healthy clone growing right now, then a large cranky plant not growing.

Jerry is doing great under her dome, she has started to put out fresh white hairs after the last batch turned into future seeds. I am going to guess we get 100 plus seeds from her...

The next three plants to come outside, due around March 1st will have clones taken from them inside before leaving. I should have 6-10 good clones from these plants before they go outside for Spring Season.

Aki

It's going to be fun, watching you explore breeding. :blushsmile::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom