Akisunni Outdoor NorCal Winter/Spring 2015 Grow

I think its time to harvest the Blue Dream with the brown leaves, and snip the primary cola off of the Twins, to free up light to hit the rest of the plants. This should give me two different flavors by next weekend to nibble on.

IMG_37934.JPG
IMG_37926.JPG
IMG_37916.JPG
IMG_37904.JPG
IMG_37897.JPG
IMG_37888.JPG

Harvest Day struck:

I pulled the Blue Dream, its about two weeks early both in bud size and in time, but it basically has used up all of its fan leaves. They were toast. I've cut and put it to dry in the garage on the string. I hope to get 10 grams from it, once dry. It will be my lowest yielding plant. It never liked the new Organic soil I transplanted it into. I wont be using that stuff, for 100% of a plants container again.

I gave the twins a hard haircut. If it was purple leaves, it was cut. They are now about the size of what they were when I planted them outside in January. I have no idea if the stuff I cut off will ever be smokable. Its really really sticky, small purple hairs but with out any real bud growth around the plants. Its like they just never grew up.

I am hoping the twins will respond to the hair cut with fresh growth now that the days are longer and its nice and warm outside.

I have two new plants, from seeds indoors in the 24/0 area to grow as rapidly as possible with a high CO2 levels, before I put them outside.

I am waiting on some seeds in the mail from the genetics company so am down to 6 total active plants now. 3 outside, 3 inside. I am growing for more then myself, so could have easily 2x that if not more... I might have to go get more clones while I wait for beans to pop.

The pressure of growing for others. A blessing to be able to do so, but the strain of keeping up ..... Eventually I'll be ahead of the game and for now I have enough. In a freer world we could share and none of us would run out. What a sweet dream, eh?

I'm glad you harvested. You know nothing you purchase will satisfy you the same way. Nothing is as good as what you can grow yourself. If you don't think you can smoke the trimmings from the twins why not make canna butter or oil with them? That way you're sure to get quality from them. Edibles hit harder and deeper and last longer.

Hey Sue,

I agree they will make GREAT butter if not a killer shake like product. I hear you on the editables. I am chewing on a really nice caramel one right now. They cost $3 each or 2 for $5... I like them a lot.

I sometimes laugh at my internal THC and equiv blood levels. If I donated blood (I dont), my blood would be a medical pain relief level as an additive for someone else.

Some good news, my mom has a hospital scare today, they did some tests and then released her today. She is home again.

Good to hear aki. :love:

First Smoke of the "New Clone" that was cut this weekend...

So, the Blue Dream was so scrawny, Its supply of bud will be extremely limited... BUT WOW...

ya, WOW... like Maui Wowie like. Its so young, it has a head rush feeling. total creaper bud that then springs a front of the brain explosion of warmth and feeling of thinking. Nothing has hit the body yet, no sign of heart racing effects, but music has a soft 3D feeling and the top of my head feels 3x heavier then the eyes or below.

I am realizing, I need to grow more plants... if only so I can harvest some young and scrawny for their Wow factor. My brain feels slightly tingly while I just want to sit and smile. I can pick out every note that is in and out of tune in the song, 3 rooms away.

Aki the Happily Stoned Grower

Excellent, and so happy for you Aki. Nothing better than homegrown. Blue Dream huh? Should this be on my wish list?

Excellent, and so happy for you Aki. Nothing better than homegrown. Blue Dream huh? Should this be on my wish list?

Yes, Blue Dream is a staple on the west coast. Amazing for for ability to survive stupid growers, its high THC and its ability to grow in volume if you get good genetics. West Coast currently its a required plant in rotation.

Yes, Blue Dream is a staple on the west coast. Amazing for for ability to survive stupid growers,

I'll be laughing about this one all day tomorrow. Thanks for that. :love:

To be clear, I was meaning me, and the two plants I have grown of its type so far. I have so abused those plants proper growth cycles... 36/12 and wood chips.

I figured that out aki. Not before I hit "Submit Reply" mind you. More reason to laugh.

Update

I harvest the last of the three clones I put outside in the organic wood chips. It gave me one more weeks worth, and then it was done. No signs of new growth. I gave it a quick shower (upside down rinsing) and its now on a drying line. I dumped its soil into my garden beds where it should be of value in a year or two...

I moved one of the tall seedling outside today, planted it in generic potting soil and moved it to the corner with the old twins. Who appear to still be in shock from their haircut. No clue if they will explode with growth outside this summer or just stay stunted for their complete lives.

I am smoking their haircut and its very potent, so the sugar leaves are the bomb, even if the buds never really formed.

Aki the Sugar Shake Smoker

How do the sugars taste? I've had to smoke sugar leaves, and they always tasted like a lawn, but did get me medicated.

My sugar leaves smell and taste quite nice. A little grassy, but not overbearing. The trichomes on the sugar leaves are every bit as incredible as the ones on the buds.

Good for you Aki. Nice to enjoy the homegrown, eh?

How do the sugars taste? I've had to smoke sugar leaves, and they always tasted like a lawn, but did get me medicated.

Its not as bad as it sounds. I have 4 plants dried. Two have buds. Two of them had the sugar leaves for buds... in reality, under the leaves are extremely small hard nuggets of bud. So the Sugar leaves have real density to them (most of the time). They have dried long enough that there isnt a grassy taste as much as a stony odd taste. The grassy taste, when it happens to me, is when I am smoking fresh plants. To soon.

This has an odd dry taste with a ton of lets take a nap now on the side.

Aki the Metaphysical Smoke Reviewer.

Yeppers! Sugar leaves can be down right potent at times. There have been times I was out of smoke and reduced to doing a little early sugar leaf trimming, when I was impatient, it was like smoking the lawn, but when I had some degree of self control and patience they actually had a decent flavor, not like buds, but not bad at all.

Sugar Sugar!! Man Aki if you were close enough I would let you test review my Pineapple and Plat Bubba as well as the So Cal Damn OG.. If you are ever in the Los Crapolis area lemme know.. I have been turning all my Sugar into Bubble Hash using a little washing machine with amazing results as well.. The BH came out so strong it will seriously knock me out..

Hey Bro, I need to check out your Hash production style. I would love to take a bunch of the leaves I have saved up and find a better use then throwing them away. I have lots and lots. Ok, not that much. a couple of oz for sure.

Its been almost a decade since I was in LA, sadly. But if I make a bonzi run down for some reason, I will let you know. The genetics company that wants access to my 80's seed bank, has places down there.

Aki the future seed guy

*Update* (if it posts this time)

I moved this plant outside earlier this week, and its already looking drained. Its under gone a major growth spurt. Does it need a boost of N?

I replanted it from a 1 gal to a 16 gal container this week. So its still in a bit of shock. The dirt is generic potting and garden soil, fresh from lowes with nutrients added. I have also given it a dose of the great white dirt bacteria and myco boost stuff. So the poor plant is in shock most likely.

Aki the plant shocker

IMG_38968.JPG
IMG_38975.JPG
IMG_38986.JPG
IMG_39018.JPG
IMG_39009.JPG

Probably just a tad bit of shock.. My plants in the veg tent look a little similar as I just boosted nutes on them a bit.. I would snap a pic but they are sleeping for another 3 hours.. The hash machine I have is like the bubble magic one but its not made by them.. It looks the same and works the same but was almost 80 bux cheaper.. But I did try it the cheap way using a blender first and the 5 bag set.. But after trying the machine I will never go back.. I use my RO water and I just run down to the Ice House and get 12lbs of Filtered cubed Ice.. Come back and fill up the 220 washing machine bag with Ice and product and set the timer for 15 mins. Then once it runs I drain it into the Gro1 5 bag set "its inexpensive compared to the 8 bag sets"... That video I posted in Sues thread is exactly how I do it.. Works great and nothing ever goes to waste..

The last batch I used all fresh really good material and it came out like pure ice melt.. I took one dab and was on the floor, as it was a mix of 3 different strains all in the same batch all with differing effects lol.. It is crazy good..

Back
Top Bottom