Alex's 850Watt -23 Plant S.O.G 5 Strain Mix

alex801

hi everyone and welcome to my new grow, iv had one sucessfull grow (its all smoked now) and 2 failed attempts, there will be plenty of pictures and daily updates. il start by giving you the low down on what iv got so far

STRAIN
18 big bang (greenhouse seeds)
2x Amnesia lemmon (barneys farm)
1x sour cream (DNA)
1x rock lock (DNA)
1x shark breath (DNA)

ROOM
1.2msq home made grow room

LIGHTING
1x 600watt hps dual spectrum
2x 125watt cfl red spectrum
850 watt total

FANS
1x 12" fan aimed at the hps
1x extractor fan leading to home made carbon
filter, it realy works & il happyly give a
walkthrough if anyone asks, less than £10 to make
1x small desk fan to cool my lighting ballast

SOIL
Canna terra pro (5.5 litre square pots to fit nicely)

TESTING
1x P.H tester kit

GROWING METHOD
With this grow im going 12/12 from seed, hoping to
my girls nice and short between 30-70 cm. i no il
yield no were near the plants potential flowering from
seed but its the only way to fit all the plants in the small
area, iv heard good things about SOG so figured id give
it ago for my self and see which method works best for me
(also i no SOG) works better from clones for obvious reasons
but i dont have a mother plant and clones went bad for me
before

So there you have it everyone, im on day 8 now, i germinated 24 seeds and all 24 sprouted within 48 hours, potted them all and i lost one plant due to my carelessness, i gave them there first watering and 1 seed came to the surface and frazzled. so theres 23 all rooted and growing. not a great deal to see at the moment but things will come on quik and there will be plenty to see. Im about to upload my first pictures. Feel free to ask anything, comment on anything, all input is wanted, good or bad,
Thanks for dropping by :) Alex

Re: Alex's 850watt--23 plant S.O.G 5 strain mix

Hey Alex! Glad to see you are treating us to another journal. Looking forward to following.....:)

11102010_003_.jpg

one of the 2 new cfl's iv bought, they cant do any harm
11102010_005_.jpg

heyyy hogdady, hows it goin? yeah just got this one started, pleased your along for the ride :) do you not have a journal? i remember you saying you were giving up growing

Not growing at the moment. What the future holds is anyone's guess!

it would be great to see another journal from you hog but i guess uv gotta do whats best for you :)

little update on temps, my temps have been kept to a static 78during hours of light, but drop to 60-65 through hours of darkness, i think this is ok but if its not some1 plz let me no and il have a heater on through the darkness, iv made 2 verrrrry basic reflectors out of silver trophy plates i had kicking around for my 2 new cfl's. il post piks of the grow room later today with the added lighting

also a kwik Q for anyone that noes.... with my grow being 12/12 from start to finish im obviously trying to induce floweringat the earlyest possiable time, so i bought the flowering spectrum cfl's to go with my hps, am i doing the right thing with adding the cfl's before flowering has started or should i wait untill plants start to flower? pretty sure im doing it right but opinions are appriciated, i hope my spelling dont offend any1 i didnt pass out top of my class in english litriture lol

hps lights been lowered to 18 inches and the cfl is about 12 inch off plants, hoped to have both cfls installed but my hydro shop only had one e40 light holder in stock, DAY 10 now, they deffo aint as big as my last grow at day 10 but i understand they grow slowly at first if started on 12/12

SP_A02591.jpg

weres the love 420

I know what you mean, I asked a question on the "Do it your self" section of the forums and know one answered back... lol but ill be watching your grow since am still in the learning process and need a few good ideas. I'll be posting my first grow journal up later this week as soon as my MJ seeds arrive. But anyway :goodluck: and ill be :wood: drop in from time to time to check your babies out.

I know what you mean, I asked a question on the "Do it your self" section of the forums and know one answered back... lol but ill be watching your grow since am still in the learning process and need a few good ideas. I'll be posting my first grow journal up later this week as soon as my MJ seeds arrive. But anyway :goodluck: and ill be :wood: drop in from time to time to check your babies out.

hey, cheers for droppin by, if you attatch your journals link wen uve got it up and running il pop by yours too :) what strains are you getting? what question did you ask in the DO IT YOURSELF section, il help if i can and if your still looking for an answer

hey, cheers for droppin by, if you attatch your journals link wen uve got it up and running il pop by yours too :) what strains are you getting? what question did you ask in the DO IT YOURSELF section, il help if i can and if your still looking for an answer

Thanks! I will attach my journal link as soon as my seeds arrive (am so anxious to get them already!), I want all the help I can get since am more of a smoker than a grower:hookah:
But to answer your question.. am going to start of with White widow seeds Feminized. And yes I've already answered my question from the "do it your self" section. It was a light problem.... well, you can say it was more of an electrical problem, but :thanks: anyway

And alex you mentioned your filter was less then 10? can you please tell me the materials you used/bought and is it easy to make/build?... and will I need tools?... sorry for the questions.. I just never build anything in my life lol.

later lates :)

HOGDADY.... yipp thats my dog, hes 3 now, english staffordshire bull terrier hes great. do you have a dog?

TenaciousKiM.... you would need
chicken wire i used half inch
a largish container, similar to a baby milk tub or the big tubs of nescafe coffe
some activated carbon (ebay, same stuff as used in fish tank filters)
duck tape
some of the the cheapest possiable dish cloths, maybe 3-4 of these
steel foil ducting

£0 container (must av 1 kikin about)
£2.50per kg carbon off ebay, 1 killo needed
£1 ductape- poundland
£1 dish cloths
£5 steel foil style ducting 3 meters off ebay
Total £9.50

tools
Scissors
needle and thread
flimsy wire or cable cutters

realy easy job maybe an hour at most following instructions

Also white widows a good smoke from personal experiance, few year ago in amsterdam me anda buddy had a couple afternoons in a coffee shop smokin good stuff, last day we were there we went to the coffee shop and asked for the strogest type they stocked, he giggled and sold us 2 white widow joints, we were trashed after half lol n il offer as much help as i can, my knolege is limited compared to a lot of people on 420 but your deffo on the right ste if your wanting help with your grow :)

also feel free to ask as much as u like pal

Hogg....Theres a bigger pik of the dog if you jump onto my profile, had him to the vets the other day, i was out walkin him and whlist he was runnin he cought one of his nails and half ripped it cleanoff. vets seddated him and pulled it out the resta way so hes one claw down and limpy lol

Also update for the grow..... DAY 13 im down to 22 plants now one was not lookin good from the start, it had not grown at all since popping the surface and it hadnt been using any water. so thats gone.... think there maybe one more that mite not make it that el put me down to 21 but part from that all look healthy as can be
might post more piks later today but theres realy not a lot too see so i dunno lol, ery1 wants big fat buds n that but these will be babys for a lil bit longer

Beautiful dog Alex! If you go to the Off Topic Forum in the 420 Lounge, there is a thread of members pets. My dogs are in there and lots of others. I would give you a link, but we can't link to off-topic threads. If you have trouble, pm me and I'll set you up!

Back
Top Bottom