Alex's Second Grow, Eutopia Have Clones

alex801

hi there all, im alex and this is my second grow, thanks to all that followed my first grow :) set up is as follows

9x eutopia haze clones (will only be using 5/6)
100watt tubes x3 in clone stage
kept in a propergator dome
moving onto 600watt metal halide for vegging
moving onto 600watt hps for flowering
grow room is 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.2m home made
a few fans
exractor fan leading to carbon filter (home made)
various nutrients including bat guano to do away with yellowing fan leaves
7 litre pots to move into after cloning stage
14 litre pots to carry them all through flowering
best soil found localy

thats about it for now guys il put on some photos of the clones in the dome
im hoping for big things off this grow, thanks in advance to all that add to my journal :) all input is appriciated good and bad, thanks again

hi there all, im alex and this is my second grow, thanks to all that followed my first grow :) set up is as follows

100watt tubes x3 in clone stage
kept in a propergator dome
moving onto 600watt metal halide for vegging
moving onto 600watt hps for flowering
grow room is 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.2m home made
a few fans
exractor fan leading to carbon filter (home made)
various nutrients including bat guano to do away with yellowing fan leaves
7 litre pots to move into after cloning stage
14 litre pots to carry them all through flowering
best soil found localy

thats about it for now guys il put on some photos of the clones in the dome
im hoping for big things off this grow, thanks in advance to all that add to my journal :) all input is appriciated good and bad, thanks again

I'm in for the ride Alex!

If you are going to use Bat Guano in veg, you need to make sure that's it's Mexican Bat Guano or at least Guano that comes from bats that eat insects (as opposed to fruit), as this is what gives the nitrogen you are looking for.

As for your soil, consider amending it with Dolomite Lime as this will help stabilize the ph of your soil (very good thing).

:smokin:

Are they your clones or did you acquire them from someone?

im hoping for big things off this grow

How much do you think you'll end up with? And why that do you think you'll get that much?

Cool man i'll be along for the trip.

1... these clones i was given from a close friend, i did have seeds of this strain on order untill my mate offered them to me,
2... and im hoping for 7-10 oz from this grow, reason being, my first grow was a little bit of a dissapointment for me, yielded about 3.5 oz, was my first attempt, i was ill prepared for problems, didnt do things as to the book as i should of, i had root problems, heat problems, this time i think i have covered all angles, im better prepered, using better nutes, much bigger pots to cope for the growth and do away with root issues,

there are the answers to your questions my friend. your second question intimidated me somewat, almost felt like i was back at school answering the dreaded Mr lloyd lmaoooo

1... these clones i was given from a close friend, i did have seeds of this strain on order untill my mate offered them to me,
2... and im hoping for 7-10 oz from this grow, reason being, my first grow was a little bit of a dissapointment for me, yielded about 3.5 oz, was my first attempt, i was ill prepared for problems, didnt do things as to the book as i should of, i had root problems, heat problems, this time i think i have covered all angles, im better prepered, using better nutes, much bigger pots to cope for the growth and do away with root issues,

there are the answers to your questions my friend. your second question intimidated me somewat, almost felt like i was back at school answering the dreaded Mr lloyd lmaoooo

hey alex im in sounds like ur gonna have a good grow. If i read correctly you said that your gonna use 3 100watt florescent tubes for your clones. what kind of light fixtures are you using that can take a 100watt tube? did you do a journal for your last one?
what size pots did you grow in last time?
cant wait to see a 600watt yield :smokin:

hey falcore, the fixture im using for the 100watt tubes is actualy a modified sun bed, with its built in ballasts, i aquired this from my friend who has had great sucess, pleased your along for the ride man, also you papa green ,,,, the link to me last grow is here mate

Alex's First Grow- Blue Cheese & Himalayen Blue

I'm in for the ride Alex!

If you are going to use Bat Guano in veg, you need to make sure that's it's Mexican Bat Guano or at least Guano that comes from bats that eat insects (as opposed to fruit), as this is what gives the nitrogen you are looking for.

As for your soil, consider amending it with Dolomite Lime as this will help stabilize the ph of your soil (very good thing).

:smokin:

great stuff as always Hogdady.. how much dolomite lime do you use? (Also never knew that about the different bat guano..)

here are a couple of piks of the clones, like i said earlier pretty boring at the moment but things will pik up soon :) welcome aboard too herb zen, nice to have you here

in there dome
08072010126.JPG

dome lid off
08072010127.JPG

this is my first attempt with clones, hopefully it goes well or the journal could end quicker than expected lol, what iv done so far is.... fill the little pots with a mix of 3parts soil 2 parts perlite, soak it and make holes for the cuttings, the pots are the type that roots grow strate through, secondly take all the cuttings using a sterile stanley blade, dipped the bottoms 3/4inch into a powdered rooting hormone solution, inserted them into the soil and gently finger pat the soil around them. i wanted to use rock wool cubes but couldnt find them for love nor money around here and the clones were a here today gone tomorow kinda deal from my friend so had to mke do with lil pots yous can see, soon as they were in the soil i sprayed the clones, and sprayed inside of there propergator dome for humidity, and put the dome strate under the tubes,,,,,, feedback time lol any1 have any ideas on what i shoulda done different if anything? (best to no for next time) i plan on spraying the clones 2/3 times a day and the tubes can stay on 24hours. temp inside the dome is a static 76 degrees

this is my first attempt with clones, hopefully it goes well or the journal could end quicker than expected lol, what iv done so far is.... fill the little pots with a mix of 3parts soil 2 parts perlite, soak it and make holes for the cuttings, the pots are the type that roots grow strate through, secondly take all the cuttings using a sterile stanley blade, dipped the bottoms 3/4inch into a powdered rooting hormone solution, inserted them into the soil and gently finger pat the soil around them. i wanted to use rock wool cubes but couldnt find them for love nor money around here and the clones were a here today gone tomorow kinda deal from my friend so had to mke do with lil pots yous can see, soon as they were in the soil i sprayed the clones, and sprayed inside of there propergator dome for humidity, and put the dome strate under the tubes,,,,,, feedback time lol any1 have any ideas on what i shoulda done different if anything? (best to no for next time) i plan on spraying the clones 2/3 times a day and the tubes can stay on 24hours. temp inside the dome is a static 76 degrees

I think you did good. :) you worked with what you had, so perfect. :bravo:

only time will tell if they take, but they all look healthy. I don't mist mine too much, there is enough humidity in the dome I think. I also only use water in the nursery (with a dab of rhizotonic (root builder)).. I like to make the clones work a bit to get the nutes they need, so they grow roots to find it.. I have found in the past, when I give all the nutes needed,, roots take longer, I think it is because if you give them everything they need to grow, they will, and will not throw down extra roots looking for nutes, since it is all provided..

I hope I am making sense.. :)

Back
Top Bottom