All pistils but no buds, feminized

TheGuyRemo

420 Member
Hello, my name is mase and I have a question about this og kush variety (Barney pink kush) I am growing. I have been taking good care of her and the plant seems to be healthy, but after about 5-6 weeks into flowering I still see no buds. My guess was the plant was root bound so I went ahead and repotted it.... do you think the plant will still produce some lushes fruits or is it a goner ? Thanks best wishes 🍻

2D79BE60-E002-41F5-95C3-4165AA5E8B79.jpeg
9BBD1C92-4394-44CB-A4D1-A93078413F2E.jpeg

Looks like it is on its way. As the others have mentioned it will fill out and surprise you with what it can do.

I had this sucker inside since December, but since the growing season is here I moved it outdoors
Out of curiosity was the plant already showing pistils when you put it outside?

And, how long ago did you take it outside?

Looks like it is on its way. As the others have mentioned it will fill out and surprise you with what it can do.

Out of curiosity was the plant already showing pistils when you put it outside?

And, how long ago did you take it outside?
I put it out when it was really small with no pistils showing I would say about 1-2 months into veg what’s concerning is the amount of time it’s taken to get here and the root ball I had it in a 3 gallon and moved it to a 5 gallon thinking it needed room to expand and flower I wonder if the plant is stunted

I put it out when it was really small with no pistils showing I would say about 1-2 months into veg what’s concerning is the amount of time it’s taken to get here and the root ball I had it in a 3 gallon and moved it to a 5 gallon thinking it needed room to expand and flower I wonder if the plant is stunted
Doesn’t look stunted at all, looks very good.

The daylight period is still quite long, depending on where in the Northern hemisphere you are located. If you are in a hurry to harvest bud, or are worried that the plants natural outdoor harvest date might be some time in November(doesn't look like a 100% sativa, so December seems unlikely) and are concerned about cold/wet weather late in the flowering phase, you could cover it in such a way that it receives a period of uninterrupted darkness each day (night) that equals its natural flowing requirement. 12 hours would do it, but slightly less would likely work. Then, when the night length at your latitude is the same length, simply stop covering the plant each night.

It's a pain in the @ss to do, but you can... I started to state "shorten the flowering phase time," but it's more that you'd be initiating it early. Although it'd likely be shorter, too, if you used a 12-hour length for your artificial night.

The daylight period is still quite long, depending on where in the Northern hemisphere you are located. If you are in a hurry to harvest bud, or are worried that the plants natural outdoor harvest date might be some time in November(doesn't look like a 100% sativa, so December seems unlikely) and are concerned about cold/wet weather late in the flowering phase, you could cover it in such a way that it receives a period of uninterrupted darkness each day (night) that equals its natural flowing requirement. 12 hours would do it, but slightly less would likely work. Then, when the night length at your latitude is the same length, simply stop covering the plant each night.

It's a pain in the @ss to do, but you can... I started to state "shorten the flowering phase time," but it's more that you'd be initiating it early. Although it'd likely be shorter, too, if you used a 12-hour length for your artificial night.
Or maybe it is just a case of a plant that is going through some phase where it shows pre-flowers and the plant is producing the nodes with barely any stem in between. Maybe the plant is not in a true flowering stage yet and is still waiting for the longer nights.

I had this sucker inside since December, but since the growing season is here I moved it outdoors
How much light was it getting indoors? There's a chance that if it was getting 16 hours or so of light indoors, then it got moved outdoors into say, 13-14 hours of light, it may have started to flower, then as the days outdoors got longer it is re-vegging.

I can see a couple hairs hidden in there but those are just sexing pistols. Once the plant is mature it will show a few pistols just to let you know she is a mature female. She can grow like that indefinitely with no ill side effect. She will have massive growth for the next month preparing for flowering with longer nights. She will stretch up another 50% bigger. You need around a gallon of soil per foot.

How much light was it getting indoors? There's a chance that if it was getting 16 hours or so of light indoors, then it got moved outdoors into say, 13-14 hours of light, it may have started to flower, then as the days outdoors got longer it is re-vegging.
I did this myself this year...I'm not a outdoor grower at all but outdoor makes tasty hash so I said lets do it...put some of my indoors..outdoors before the spring equinox...not thinking anything because it's nice and warm..BOOM flowering in May...no way I was going thru a reveg so I just pulled them...No outdoor rosin this year 😪

She will stretch up another 50% bigger.

One of the Nevil's Haze mothers that I used to have, its clones would stretch for 57 days (20.5-week flowering period). That wasn't a middle-of-the-road hybrid, though. It looked like a landrace sativa. Smoked like one, too, lol.

Anyway, some plants can be floated at 12" and still end up nearly 6' tall. It depends on the length of the flowering stretch, and actual growth rate during same.

Anyway, some plants can be floated at 12" and still end up nearly 6' tall. It depends on the length of the flowering stretch, and actual growth rate during same.
That was my point. If you think it is too big for it's pot now, It's bought to show you what too big is! When I flower a mature 2' the harvest is at 6.5'. When I veg until it shows pistols the plant explodes in size during flower.

This is a 7 week old Jamaican clone under 18/6, Jack Herer preflowers at 6 weeks18/6, Mowi Wowi preflowers at 7.5 weeks of 18/6, and so on. These are the times till maturity for my genetics and grow room. The environment changes the number of weeks to "preflower". My last experimental run of Jack had pistols at 4.5 weeks under 18/6. You can force flower before this point but the plant is showing you she is impatiently ready for fall. A mature plant will have the energy to stretch it's flowers out as far as possible to catch pollen.

20220218_170525.jpg

Hello, my name is mase and I have a question about this og kush variety (Barney pink kush) I am growing. I have been taking good care of her and the plant seems to be healthy, but after about 5-6 weeks into flowering I still see no buds. My guess was the plant was root bound so I went ahead and repotted it.... do you think the plant will still produce some lushes fruits or is it a goner ? Thanks best wishes 🍻

2D79BE60-E002-41F5-95C3-4165AA5E8B79.jpeg
9BBD1C92-4394-44CB-A4D1-A93078413F2E.jpeg
I am growing some AK47 & looks the same 1st time ever growing auto. I was thinking it was the heat as I have heat issues this time of year. All I can do to keep room at 82 degrees.

I am growing some AK47 & looks the same 1st time ever growing auto. I was thinking it was the heat as I have heat issues this time of year. All I can do to keep room at 82 degrees.
Are you saying your auto showed pistols then just stalled? If it has not progressed for several weeks you may have a photo type. Uncommon but not unheard of for an auto to be generically flipped to photo cycle. The auto comes from a ruderals heritage. If the maternal grandfather (mothers side) has ruderals, it can take after it's paternal (fathers) line of photo. Shift the lighting and see if it responds. 82deg is not hot enough to stall flowering.

Back
Top Bottom