Animammel - First Grow Journal - Indoor Closet DWC Hydro - Purple Haze

Animammel

Hey all

This will technically be my first grow. Purple Haze grown in Indoor Hydro DWC and Greenhouse Organic.

Brief History or the so called boring bit before the pictures.
Pretty much new to growing with about just over a years worth of experience or should I say play.
Started overly keen and I have run into just about every problem however this has benefited with me spending that necessary time researching the problem and knowing how to fix it.

I think I partly fell in love with it for the DIY aspect other than the curiosity of growing it. From the most basic bit of growing to a bit more modernized with actual thought put into design. Money was of course a major set back.

I've decided to see what I can grow properly to say the least and compare growth at the same time between the same strain. For the most part I've been playing around with trying to grow cannabis without ever taking it serious until now. I guess you can say I've tried most things with outdoor seeds. For this I ordered seeds, finally deciding to spend money on growing a proper strain.

The shortened history. Noob start to growing, in a small cupboard at home, hopped over to a larger closet in the garage then had my own place.

Back in time picture recap

The very beginning
IMAG2019.jpg

The top of a cupboard in soil. Small pc fan through activated carbon to dispose of odour
IMAG20571.jpg

Getting into cloning - a friends cutting
IMAG21561.jpg

IMAG21582.jpg

Moved into the garage
IMAG21751.jpg

Even soil in a bathroom window
IMAG22141.jpg

First ever clone taken from my plants
IMAG2320_1.jpg

Learning how important nutes, ph and ppm are
IMAG23411.jpg

Not so pretty pictures
IMAG28662.jpg

IMAG28683.jpg

IMAG28712.jpg

Switch over to first small cupboard hydro
IMAG30151.jpg

IMAG31651.jpg

Making pollen babies using colloidal silver of a Skunk Strain
IMAG30471.jpg

Outgrew the small cupboard
IMAG3074.jpg

3rd bit of cloning
IMAG30831.jpg

My attempt at growing buds
IMAG3337_1.jpg

IMAG33851.jpg

IMAG34162.jpg

Macro Photography
IMAG33961.jpg

macro8.jpg

General leaf health in flowering
Leaf_health.jpg

Some Results - Kali Mist Strain - Almost Pure Sativa - Creeping Cerebral Buzz
bud_kali_mist.jpg

Now its time for the new chapter to begin

IMG_7183_smaller.jpg

IMG_7187_smaller.jpg

Until Next time and many shorter posts :)

Short update before the weekend

Germinated the two fem purple haze seeds and planted into one 5l bucket at 80ppm into rockwool.
Soaked seeds on Thursday night until Friday night. Took a while to crack and had me nervous but happened eventually. Prepared the bucket on Tuesday and Planted each seed on Wednesday.

Basic set up for the next week or two until they have their own bucket and pump.
IMG_73842.JPG

IMG_73862.JPG

IMG_74002.JPG

IMG_74021.JPG

Heated to 22'C
IMG_74032.JPG

You can just see her poking out
IMG_74053.JPG

Until the weekend :)

Re: Animammel - Technically My First Grow + Journal - Indoor Hydro + Greenhouse Organ

Subbed

Update on the two hazes.

Sitting pretty happy in their own space now. Lower old leaves were a bit yellowed and somewhat darker like a more mature leaf, I suspect due to a lower PPM (100ppm to start out with). New leaves are looking healthy. Transplanted them into separate buckets of 180 PPM. Watching them grow for now :)

Some more macro
hi_def_1.jpg

hd_2.jpg

hd_3.jpg

Enjoy :)

Hey guys

It's been 1 month and progress looks great. Used too much kelpak so the leaves had a bit of abnormal growth.
PPM is sitting around 470 and plants seem to really be taking off. Placed the 12/12 cycle on 3 days ago and FIMmed.

31702.jpg

14004.jpg

FIMmed
21958.jpg

41327.jpg

Will do a water change tomorrow with an extra amount of kelpak for the roots as opposed to the foliar spray.

:)

Been a short while since the last update.

Both plants have been growing really well, really happy. PPM sitting at 600. Going to keep her there for about 3 - 4 weeks as she is drinking a lot of water so keeping a close eye on her.
Got a clone going as well and she took off pretty quickly. Kelpak is something else and I urge all of you to get something similar if you can and fairly inexpensive.

They are both females with tiny pistols just emerging.

Here's a few pics that Ive just snapped up quickly. Some LST'ing to get the canopy fairly flat and almost at the point where I'm happy with it. Will probably go SoG in the next 2 weeks.

Two Purple Hazes sitting happy
IMG_8737.JPG

Close up of LST'ing
IMG_8733.JPG

If you look closely you can spot the white pistol. It's where's wally for the stoners :D
IMG_87271.JPG

Here's the new space for the clones. Built a hexagon wooden structure with 6 18w CFl's able to be fitted and 1 10w LED Light
IMG_87391.JPG

Here's the first successful clone - Homemade humidity dome works like a charm
IMG_87471.JPG

Until next time :)

Hey guys

Into week six with fair bud sights developing but not as great as I was hoping but it is still early. I've ordered my LED components to build a 120w array. Looking at another 4 more weeks so hopefully will get it up with some time to test it out.

So a little run down at the moment:

5 litre buckets which i fill up with 4 litres (bit small as I have to top her up Every few days)

E.C. 1.5 running just over 1000 PPM
4ml kelpak (seaweed growth hormone)
2.5ml epsom salt

Defoliated both plants, really banking on both being fairly healthy to hold up to it.

Here are some before and after pictures.

before25.jpg

after24.jpg

1_before_wide.JPG

1_after_wide.JPG

IMG_9503.JPG

IMG_95071.JPG

IMG_94822.JPG

IMG_94814.JPG

IMG_95061.JPG

until next time :)

Well Good news. Defoliating them both is paying off. Lower bud sites increased to something worth a toke and the tops definitely increased in size noticeably a few days after.

Here's a few more pictures of further defoliating. Ive seen in the pictures that the pistils are beginning to tinge amber. Not the greatest yield but I knew that going into this and im sure I will be happy with the personal stash of soaring sativa :)

I have ordered white widow seeds and that will be grown for extracts and maybe a few puffs here and there ;)

A sequence of this mornings hackathon
IMG_95591.JPG

IMG_95663.JPG

A bit of macro for you guys
IMG_95683.JPG

Halfway through week 7

Started a low nutrient flush - Haze on the right really felt it but has subsided now - Haze on the left is still pretty happy. I think the excessive bit of defoliation really impacted the shift on nutrients.

Switched to a 13 hour off and 11 hour on cycle - A week and a half until its emo time :)

Here are a few snaps

The Haze on the right - Larger colas than the left Haze
right_far_shot.jpg

One of the colas on the left Haze
left_cola.jpg

Overhead
IMG_029423.jpg

The pistils seem to have caught something perhaps and growing towards it
IMG_027135.jpg

Cropped Macro shot
super_macro.jpg

Almost drying time - Sprouted the white widow for the next journal. Have some exciting things in the pipeline.

Until next time :D

It has all come to an end but a new beginning ;)

Harvested the two Hazes with the left haze catching up really well in the end. Pity about the right Haze but its part of learning. I have started with the one White Widow to grow in the cabinet but still waiting for my LED light components.

Here's a few pics 3 days into drying

The right Haze
IMG_079829.jpg

IMG_079933.jpg

The left Haze
IMG_081335.jpg

IMG_081428.jpg

I will dry this and give it a short cure before sampling this and giving my feedback and what not.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom