Green Knight - Hydro CFL - Auto Bomb - First Grow Journal

for a big hitting auto that yields over 4oz per plant you need to get a big bang auto, 2 growers on here have grown some and both got over 4oz per auto, one got 4.5 oz per auto, so their are some big hitting autos out their, i average around 20g dry, but my last 2 autos gave me very little, id say around an 1/8th dry, bit of a joke but im not to fussed as its giving me some seeds from my breeding project

Thanks for the info guy! I will keep all that in mind. I have a few other autos coming with my order 1 Auto NL, 1 Auto Jack and 1 Auto THC Bomb. So I'm going to start with the auto bomb because I ordered 10 of those. I figure I have some room to learn before I try with the others. As for the Lucas formula it's...

G-M-B (Flora Grow-Flora Micro-Flora Bloom)
0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

Calculated EC/TDS levels:

EC microsiemen:
0-4-8: 946 µS
0-5-10: 1184 µS
0-8-16: 1894 µS

TDS @ 0.5 conversion:
0-4-8 = 473 ppm
0-5-10 = 592 ppm
0-8-16 = 947 ppm

TDS @ 0.7 conversion:
0-4-8 = 663 ppm
0-5-10 = 829 ppm
0-8-16 = 1326 ppm

I pulled that from the Lucas formula website. But that is mainly what I use on my ladies and they have all seemed to love it. I've had some nice yields (under cfls) with this system. But on the other hand I've never grown in soil, always in hydro. So I'm not to sure this would work with a soil grow.

As soon as I get my beans and start them I'll open a journal to give you guys/gals a look at my setup. It's not the best but it's cheap, stable and it gets the job done right everytime. :)

Can wait to see how Your Auto bomb turns out.

Cheers NotDead; I've seen it mentioned in other threads but wasn't aware of what it actually involved; quite neat to cut out a bottle of nutes!

I'm using Canna Hydro so can't adapt it to my grow but useful to know for the future thank you if I switch nutes.

I've never tried soil either; I did a couple of hydro grows about ten years ago and then went for hydro again - I love it. I find it really low maintenance, clean, and actually pretty easy - I think it sounds more complicated than it actually is with maintaing pH, and EC etc., but I find it pretty straightforward once you get used to it and you really get a feel for what the plant's doing and exactly how much nutes she's using.

Really looking forward to seeing your journal once up and running!

Looks delicious GK! :yummy:

Cheers iSmokes - I know, I just want to smoke her! Have to admit I've been taking the odd small rubbish bud from the very bottom when I fancy a spliff and drying it in the oven. Dirty and cheap, and not a wonderful taste given the nutes & chlorophyll, but a nice stone nevertheless. Can't wait to smoke the proper bu after they've been dried and cured properly, and have developed fully.

for a big hitting auto that yields over 4oz per plant you need to get a big bang auto, 2 growers on here have grown some and both got over 4oz per auto, one got 4.5 oz per auto, so their are some big hitting autos out their, i average around 20g dry, but my last 2 autos gave me very little, id say around an 1/8th dry, bit of a joke but im not to fussed as its giving me some seeds from my breeding project

Really not sure what I'm likely to get dp. Will know in a few weeks, but I'm thinking that if i get an oz or more from this then once I've got the scrog going with the next grow 4-5oz should be realistic and achievable - there's a lot of 'dead' space round the sides not being used which I could fill using a scrog and make it a much more effective use of space.

I'm also going to turn the cfl reflector round 180 degrees each week in the next grow - because it's a small space, the end of the reflector where the cfl screws in to the fitting doesn't get as much light, so the left side of this plant isn't as developed as the right as a result. With the scrog and reversing the reflector each week I'll be able to maximise the space and want to get a carpet of tops, rather than just the few with this grow

Thanks spring.

Just did the weekly nute changes on the auto and berry bombs and managed to break the glass on the probe of my pH meter whilst putting the lid back on. Muppet. Luckily had finished the changes on both grows so will be ok for a day or two but it's the one piece of kit you really can't live without. Checked after breaking it and it's way off so unusable. I've ordered another one which will be here on Tuesday so should be fine, but a little bit annoying!

Sorry about your PH meter. I'v had one break on me before and at that time they wasn't very cheap to buy almost $100 USD so instead of buying a new one I went out and bought the liquid ph test kit. Works good enough for me. But now ph meters are a lot cheaper I might go out and buy a new one.

I received my order yesterday. Started my germ last night. I put 1 bean in a small shot glass with RO distilled water and another in a wet towel. I have them in my bathroom under the sink. It stays warm and dark in there. If both pop I'll grow both. I think I should have enough room in my box for 2 autos. If not I have a back up area I can put one in. I'll post pics of my box later whenever I find my darn phone.

Sorry about your PH meter. I'v had one break on me before and at that time they wasn't very cheap to buy almost $100 USD so instead of buying a new one I went out and bought the liquid ph test kit. Works good enough for me. But now ph meters are a lot cheaper I might go out and buy a new one.

I received my order yesterday. Started my germ last night. I put 1 bean in a small shot glass with RO distilled water and another in a wet towel. I have them in my bathroom under the sink. It stays warm and dark in there. If both pop I'll grow both. I think I should have enough room in my box for 2 autos. If not I have a back up area I can put one in. I'll post pics of my box later whenever I find my darn phone.

They have come down a huge amount in price. I remember ten years ago when I did a grow it was a similar thing - £100! So I also went for the liquid tester instead.
The one I broke was a cheapo one, about a tenner - couldn't believe how much they'd come down over the years. I took the opportunity to upgrade this time so it was a bit more but still affordable compared to the old days.

Great news on the seeds mate- I look forward to your grow progressing.

So we're now at Day 66 and I've decided to start the flush; a few amber trichs are appearing, not many, but I figure with a 7-10 day flush it'll be just about right, and the little crappy buds I've been smoking from the bottom are nice and buzzy now so I reckon if I harvest next weekend everything will be sweet.

IMG_108614.JPG
IMG_110111.JPG
IMG_109314.JPG
IMG_108712.JPG
IMG_108816.JPG

Thanks Spring - I'm sure she will mate, and she'll probably be even better. After my initial teething troubles with pH lockout causing Mg def she's been quite low maintenance and easy so I've been happy with her, even though I've not grown any other autos to compare her against. Compared to the regular photo I'm now growing though they do grow bloody quick!

My learn early on was about pH, and nutes and sensitivity - she didn't like me pushing them up early so I've held the nutes around 1.2 EC, and the pH being a little too low (even though it was still within the accepted range) caused a deficiency very early. In soil it will be different but I don't think you need to feed too much; she takes what she takes and I haven't been able to really condition her to take more.

I've been stripping any leaves that shade bud sites (she's very bushy and quite a compact plant) from quite early in flowering. She's re-leafed less and less so I've hardly had to strip at all over the last 2-3 weeks. I think this may have slowed her down a bit (possibly added a week to the grow?) although it's hard to say as I think seed companies underestimate the grow time a bit anyway from what I've been reading, and I've not got a comparison. They say 65+ days and I reckon she'll be cut down some time around day 73-76.

What I have noticed is that even though I'm using a CFL (and only 125w) and some of the lower buds are a good 12-14 inches below the light they're developing nicely and will be reasonable. I think had I not taken some of the leaves out she would have been so bushy these buds would have done nothing at all.

I'm really not sure what yield I might get (I think the photos make her look bigger than she is) but I'm pretty sure I should get over an oz which I'll be happy with, and anything more than that is a bonus!!

DK,
The autos are fast indeed! I feel some fan leaves must come off. Especially in small spaces using CFL's. My girls have been great under CFL's this entire grow. Now I do get side penetration from 6 T8's. I just counted my CFL's. I have 18! Roughly all together I have over 600 true watts. Now I have gathered them over time.The lower buds started getting nice after I removed the leaf blockage! I really wanted to go to MH and HPS but I had to make some budget decisions with Christmas around the corner. So my kids get their goodies first. I told my family just get me Amazon cards! So I have the tent coming and an Inline fan + filter. Ill stick with CFL''s for now. I may have a line on some 125 watt true watts CFL's. 300 watt equivalent. Not sure yet.

Don't know why I addressed you as DK! Should have been GK!

My usual response to my numptiness is that I had a "brain fart". That's my reasoning for being a bit silly and I'm sticking to it! :)

Back
Top Bottom