Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

Thanks Spring.

We're now starting week 5 since 12/12 week 4 since flower. The led was quite close to a couple of tops and there's some signs of light stress on a couple of the fans:

IMG_197611.JPG

I've adjusted the light and I'm now at the max height I can raise it to. I've done a little lst to pull them down a bit and everything should be fine now, I don't expect them to go up much more, and I can always lst / bend etc if absolutely necessary. I will definitely have to flip sooner on stretchier starins in the future though.

Everything's otherwise nice and healthy and going well. The lower buds are developing really nicely and are similar sizes to the ones nearer the tops of the plant so the led's definitely penetrating nicely. She's also starting to frost and smell more.

IMG_197713.JPG

IMG_197810.JPG

IMG_197912.JPG

IMG_19819.JPG

IMG_19829.JPG

IMG_198410.JPG

IMG_19856.JPG

Thanks everyone. And thank you for the reps spring, much appreciated mate.

Yeah, she's stretched a lot, lot more than her clone did under the cfl. I reckon I got 6 inches of stretch under cfl, and I've had 1.5-2ft of stretch under the led. The light is now as high as it could possibly go (without taking out the the carbon scrubber and extractor fan) so I'm at my height limit which I need to bear in mind for future grows.

What's nice is it's not the flimsy, weak, lack of light stretch - they've shot up with stems like tree trunks. Following the defol the lower buds are also developing nicely so I'm hopeful that all the inter-nodal spaces will fill out with bud - she's already way beyond my expectations and has another 4 weeks or so left I reckon. Next weekend she'll get double strength Boost and pk13/14 for a week to give her a kick. I hope it'll be top to bottom Tweed - it would be great if they fill out into decent colas, they were a bit pitiful under the cfl last time round.

@Hank: I think you may just have got a different phenotype mate - your berry bomb looks like it's got more sativa in it than mine; the leaf blades are much thinner and more sativa-like so it might just be different genetics. I think the conditions also make a big difference - the last grow was a clone of this plant and under essentially the same conditions. She's a completely different plant this time around with the led so tweaking the environmental conditions can make a huge difference. I have to admit I never imagined the differences would be as big as they are with adding just 75w of extra power. Had I gone from a 125w cfl to a 400w hps or something I'd be less surprised as I'd be more than tripling the power, but I never thought for a minute that a 200w led would deliver what it has so far. Just goes to show how much more efficient it is in terms of penetration and useable light.

I think my biggest issue over coming weeks is making sure I keep the RH down and ensuring the buds aren't leaning on each other, I do not want bud rot. I did another mini-defol last night and will continue nipping the larger fan leaves as they develop to keep as much light, space and airflow around the developing buds as possible.

wow shes really coming along! looking fantastic! :high-five:

Thanks mate, she's doing well - I'm much happier with her this time round

great journal man!

which led are you using? i'm thinking about adding another led light to my setup, but not sure which yet.

Cheers drift, nice to have you along. The led I've got is now known as the Bulldog 6 spot (formerly an Apollo 6). It's made in China by the Crazy Schezuan Chinese Lighting Company or some bonkers name like that. I got it through a European lighting distributor called Fero and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. Shits on a 125w cfl anyways, and is only 75w more power

Tomorrow will be the start of Week 6 so when I do the res change tomorrow or Sunday I'm going to add the pk13/14 and I reckon double the Boost. My new Rhino filter arrived and I've installed that. She'd started to smell outside the cupboard. Classic false economy - I boght a cheap scrubber, spent £30 and then I'm changing it in 9m. Spend £45 on a Rhino and it's got a 2y lifespan apparently if you change the pre-filter occasionally.

I've been defoliating as the fans develop and shade stuff out - basically if the leaf stem's long enough to pinch off easily it goes:
IMG_199910.JPG

IMG_19876.JPG

She's starting to fill out a bit. There are a couple of tops which I think might fill out completely if she keeps going as she has.
The smell this time round is a lot more 'berry' too, it's really noticeable compared to the last time
IMG_199610.JPG

IMG_19927.JPG

IMG_19916.JPG

IMG_199710.JPG

IMG_19987.JPG

And the last round under cfl at exactly the same point:
IMG_149514.JPG

IMG_15009.JPG

IMG_14999.JPG

@hank: I think you may just have got a different phenotype mate - your berry bomb looks like it's got more sativa in it than mine; the leaf blades are much thinner and more sativa-like so it might just be different genetics. I think the conditions also make a big difference - the last grow was a clone of this plant and under essentially the same conditions. She's a completely different plant this time around with the led so tweaking the environmental conditions can make a huge difference. I have to admit I never imagined the differences would be as big as they are with adding just 75w of extra power. Had I gone from a 125w cfl to a 400w hps or something I'd be less surprised as I'd be more than tripling the power, but I never thought for a minute that a 200w led would deliver what it has so far. Just goes to show how much more efficient it is in terms of penetration and useable light.

I think my biggest issue over coming weeks is making sure I keep the RH down and ensuring the buds aren't leaning on each other, I do not want bud rot. I did another mini-defol last night and will continue nipping the larger fan leaves as they develop to keep as much light, space and airflow around the developing buds as possible.

I think this to be true however I gave one away too and it was even more sativa based. Crazy long thing blades. So I am starting to think I could of gotten screwed.
Did you ever or now getting a STRONG citrus smell when the buds are rubbed?

I'm not very good on smells, but I'm noticing the berry smell a lot, it's really nice. Not sure I'd say it was citrusy, but it is a bit if that makes sense?
I wouldn't worry too much about the differences. Is your berry bomb from bomb seeds?

Thank you for the reps mate, much appreciated

It must just be a different phenotype then, unless there was a mix up with the seed. I'm sure it will still give you some top notch bud. I'd love to get the purple pheno, that would be cool

I think I have one with my BC Early BB. Would love to have purple bud.
Its crazy how yours have frosted up so much so fast. I think your plant is a stronger phenotype.

Yeah, she frosted up quite a bit last time too - she definitely packs on the crystal which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom