Green Knight - OG Kush LED DWC

Man, this is really kool to read (i actually read all your previous journals last night)..

Learning alot from your growings, so thank you very much for sharing :thanks:

Do you use anything to generate extra co2 btw?

Thanks coffeeholic, glad your enjoying the journals, welcome along.

I don't do anything to supplement co2: I dont want any smell so I've got quite a big extract fan relative to the cupboard size (it's 175cfh) so the air in the cupboard gets changed a good few times an hour through a carbon scrubber so it's not really practical to supplement because it will be extracted out. It also brings fresh air in through the passive intakes so the co2 should stay around the same level as the rest of the house, so whilst I can't boost it, it shouldn't be limiting things either

PS Cheers for the reps too, much appreciated

IMG_24598.JPG

Looking fantastic GK :thumb:

How far above the canopy are your lights? I have seen advice to have them really close and it was suggested to me to have them at a distance, it's obviously working at the distance yours are at!

I personally start with my LED's about 2 or even 3 feet above the plants and try to keep it that way until the I can't raise the lights anymore. Once the lights are as high as they can go, I let the plants grow within a few inches of the lights. Its kinda like the plants get accustomed to the light as they grow but when they are young I keep the LED's a couple of feet away.

Looking good GK, I'm going to modify my space soon and make the switch to DWC, using AN pH Perfect, heard good things about it. I really liked the growth rates from DWC, but had some trouble with pH, and res temps, so I'm going to go the RDWC route with a chiller.

Looking fantastic GK :thumb:

How far above the canopy are your lights? I have seen advice to have them really close and it was suggested to me to have them at a distance, it's obviously working at the distance yours are at!

Thanks AJ. I have my light 18" or so above the screen, and then as the plant stretches I move it up until I run out of height, so exactly the same as stealth does it.

I personally start with my LED's about 2 or even 3 feet above the plants and try to keep it that way until the I can't raise the lights anymore. Once the lights are as high as they can go, I let the plants grow within a few inches of the lights. Its kinda like the plants get accustomed to the light as they grow but when they are young I keep the LED's a couple of feet away.

Looking good GK, I'm going to modify my space soon and make the switch to DWC, using AN pH Perfect, heard good things about it. I really liked the growth rates from DWC, but had some trouble with pH, and res temps, so I'm going to go the RDWC route with a chiller.

Excellent, I would highly recommend DWC. Admittedly I haven't grown weed in many other mediums, though have done hydro before, but DWC is really low maintenance in my opinion, as long as you can keep res temps under control! That's the only issue I've had with DWC until I got the led. RDWC with a chiller will be really nice and will help keep everything nicely in control

Seem to be having issues uploading photos - they've got stuck in the queue so they're not going to that second screen you get where you can do a final edit of the title etc before saving. Has anyone had this happen to them and have any suggestions on how to fix it?

I had a defol a couple of days ago and I've added the PK 13/14: I think things are entering the window and I'm not sure I've quite timed it right in previous grows, so I'm trying adding it a bit earlier. But can't upload the photos unfortunately!

Thanks AJ. I have my light 18" or so above the screen, and then as the plant stretches I move it up until I run out of height, so exactly the same as stealth does it.

Thank you both very much Gents, I'm sure I've asked you already GK, doubt and uncertainty abound in my garden, :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom