Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

Good work buddy! Did you get a wet weight?

Looks like prime trimming as well. How long did it take you?

+reps

Thanks hank - trimming took me 3 or 4 hours I reckon, give or take a few vaporisers! I didn't bother with a wet weight but will post dry weight in 4-5 days or so.

very frosty and gratz on another completed run, im starting to feel that defol is a touchy thing its necessary in situations like yours but im undecided, it seems like the plants i leave more leaves on get much fatter colas when i did heavy defol and supercropping i got my worst final weight, im landing in the middle on the topic some seems to help but to much seems to hurt so i just take light and bud blockers and it works out better for me anyway, , good grow here gk :bravo:

Thanks bid. I still want to do the comparison I originally set out to do, but I'm not sure that scrog is the best way to do it. I'm tempted to do it with this super lemon haze I've just germed; just top and train it rather than doing a scrog, and do one grow with defol and one without.

So, we've got some results for you. She comes in at 100g, so just over 3.5oz. Significantly better than last time, but it's definitely possible to pull a lot more from this space and with this light.

(The jar weighs 912g)
IMG_21205.JPG

IMG_21196.JPG

Last grow I got 30g, so it's more than 3 times final weight for 75w more power.
Working out the g per watt, the 200w led on 12h day for 55 days gives 132kwh so it comes in at 0.75g/w.
The cfl was 125w on 12h day for 61 days so came in at 0.32g/w, so the led worked out twice as efficient basically on gram for watt basis.

My space is 0.25m sq so it works out 400g/m2 which is below the seed co's stated 500-600g/m2. Not sure whether defoliation reduced the yield because I did it on both this grow and the last grow. The scrog may also affect things of course, and to what extent you fill the screen before flipping etc. I'm probably not going to grow BB again (I'm a bit bored (and tolerant) of smoking it now) and now I'm happy with the light and the set up overall I'll do a couple of grows with the Super Lemon Haze and defoliate one and not the other. The question I'm debating at the moment is whether to scrog it or not?

I might be a bit bored of it but it is still a lovely smoke!
IMG_21249.JPG

IMG_2124_-_Copy.JPG

3,5 oz not bad man great journal I hope u will start another one keep up the great job and the bb looks tasty ill find out how it taste this summer!

3,5 oz not bad man great journal I hope u will start another one keep up the great job and the bb looks tasty ill find out how it taste this summer!

Thanks mate. 3.5oz will keep me going for a bit anyway. I reckon it's possible to get more, we'll see! New journal will start soon, may get it up today.

The camera ran out of batteries last time, so here are a few more shots of the bb. Not great quality I'm sorry, struggled with the focus!
IMG_21279.JPG

IMG_21285.JPG

IMG_212910.JPG

IMG_21316.JPG

Looks really clean man. Pretty. Tight.

Look forward to your other grow logs. Would like to see how you play around with grows.

Cheers hank. Here's the Super Lemon Haze which will be the next round. Still thinking about what to do in the next grow, whether to scrog SLH or not.

IMG_21335.JPG

IMG_21346.JPG

Congrats on the harvest GK!
and bravo on the final weights.:clap:
I know what you mean about sometimes getting a bit bored with the strain you're running..
Even though it's fun trying to dial the plant in over a few grows.
There's just too many other amazing strains out there that deserve a chance in the garden too!
I'm thinking of making some colidial silver to have on hand.
Then I can spray and isolate one plant near the end of harvest, and have fem seeds stored for future grows.
Rather than taking up space keeping mothers around..

Good luck with the SLH.
I'm sure you'll do her justice!
IMO I'd be scrogging any plant that went in that small of a space.
Or at least some kind of a cage type system.
I'm guessing this is your first time with SLH?
From what I've heard they like to stretch.
And without knowing how much it's going to stretch in your space, I'd be wanting as many tie down options around as possible, just in case she decides to shoot for the moon? you could harness her down or supercrop.

Congrats on the harvest GK!
and bravo on the final weights.:clap:
I know what you mean about sometimes getting a bit bored with the strain you're running..
Even though it's fun trying to dial the plant in over a few grows.
There's just too many other amazing strains out there that deserve a chance in the garden too!
I'm thinking of making some colidial silver to have on hand.
Then I can spray and isolate one plant near the end of harvest, and have fem seeds stored for future grows.
Rather than taking up space keeping mothers around..

Good luck with the SLH.
I'm sure you'll do her justice!
IMO I'd be scrogging any plant that went in that small of a space.
Or at least some kind of a cage type system.
I'm guessing this is your first time with SLH?
From what I've heard they like to stretch.
And without knowing how much it's going to stretch in your space, I'd be wanting as many tie down options around as possible, just in case she decides to shoot for the moon? you could harness her down or supercrop.

Thanks Vick. I'd love to have more space so I could grow a few strains at a time to always have some variety. But I have to be selective too - there are too many strains I want to grow, it'd take me years one at a time, so I have to prioritise!

I'm looking forward to the SLH but yes, expecting some stretch. Very good point about the advantage of sticking with the scrog and the benefit of all tie down points if they're needed. Not using the screen and then having to tie anything down at a future date will be a proper ball ache - I'll be looking at the unused screen, cursing for days!!!

Lost the SLH. Stem rot. Noticed it and picked the pot up and she collapsed. Oh well, shit happens. I've ordered new seeds and will go again; an SLH and an og kush for the grow after.

Back
Top Bottom