Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

We're there now basically. It's day 53 and there are quite a few ambers on the top buds. Less so on the lower buds, but I'm going to chop her on fri/sat.
Not sure how much I'll get, but definitely a lot more than the last crop, and the buds seem really dense. When you squeeze the buds you get a really strong berry smell, it's quite amazing. Proper sickly berry, almost like a gummy fruit sweet. And very sticky.

Anyway, some final photos - next ones will be during the chop:
IMG_208610.JPG

IMG_208710.JPG

IMG_20889.JPG

IMG_209010.JPG

IMG_20926.JPG

IMG_209610.JPG

IMG_21009.JPG

IMG_20978.JPG

IMG_20846.JPG

IMG_208311.JPG

IMG_20828.JPG

IMG_2081_-_Copy_2_.JPG

IMG_2081_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_20816.JPG

IMG_2080_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_208011.JPG

IMG_20798.JPG

IMG_2078_-_Copy_2_.JPG

IMG_207811.JPG

Edit: Forgot to include the cfl comparison. Same plant (clone), same nute schedule, but a 125w cfl rather than a 200w led:
IMG_163010.JPG

IMG_16407.JPG

IMG_163311.JPG

IMG_162412.JPG

IMG_161711.JPG

IMG_16109.JPG

Its amazing how flowers grown under LED grow lights produce so much resin. Way to go and congrats on the harvest. Do you think the CFL bud is bigger? It's hard to tell but they look like they might be? Both look nice

Cheers hank. Here's the Super Lemon Haze which will be the next round. Still thinking about what to do in the next grow, whether to scrog SLH or not.

IMG_21335.JPG

IMG_21346.JPG

Leaf tuck. I only remove when they go good and yellow. If I lollypop i still leave the big leaves. They just add growth to the plant.
Over time they die out and give you a good idea of the age and plant health.
reps man.

LST. Good time to start now if you dont want her to get tall.
SOG you have to trim I think to much. LST rules. Start now.

damn..Sucks man. That must have been what happened to me a few weeks ago. Good attitude though! More beans..

sorry to hear :( better luck next time

Cheers guys, it's a bit annoying but not the end of the world. I was going to have to stall a bit anyway as I'm going on holiday soon and didn't think she'd go two weeks in the main flower cab without checking for that amount of time - she'd grow so quick under the led she might drain the res, but I can leave her 2 wks easily under the 30w cfl (if I don't get stem rot again!). I'll germ the new seed when it arrives this week and then should be ready for the main cab when I get back from holiday

Leaf tuck. I only remove when they go good and yellow. If I lollypop i still leave the big leaves. They just add growth to the plant.
Over time they die out and give you a good idea of the age and plant health.
reps man.

LST. Good time to start now if you dont want her to get tall.
SOG you have to trim I think to much. LST rules. Start now.

Thanks mate. Sadly we're back to sq one cos she got stem rot. I reckon I'm going to top her a few times when the next seed has germed and I'm leaning towards scrogging her as well because I can grow a much bigger plant with a scrog than without in the limited space I've got

Its amazing how flowers grown under LED grow lights produce so much resin. Way to go and congrats on the harvest. Do you think the CFL bud is bigger? It's hard to tell but they look like they might be? Both look nice

Yeah, the led buds were coated, but the cfl buds weren't bad for crystal either tbh. I think it's just the perspective in the photos - the led buds were definitely a lot bigger than the cfl buds, and much much denser. The cfl buds were pretty pathetic actually, except the ones directly under the bulb, and even they were quite insubstantial once dried. The led buds were bigger and more solid all the way down to the screen. The other difference was the tops under cfl were only 6" with a few bud sites, but the led ones were more like 1.5-2ft with loads of bud sites

Bummer about the rot GK.
But don't feel defeated.
Shit happens.
You'll come back from your vacay amped and ready to go.
Plus it'll give you enough time to plan everything out.

enjoy you're break!
We'll see ya in a few weeks!

Hey Jon, I'm good mate thank you. Was just catching up on your your journal actually - your outdoor plants are looking amazing, some huge colas! Hope all's well with you; the grows certainly look impressive and are coming along well.

I've been on holiday and frantic with work so been a bit quiet and haven't been on here much. I've got an SLH a couple of weeks into veg now - lost the first to stem rot, second seed didn't germ, so it was the third seed in the end. I've topped her once and she's doing well, and she was fine for the 10 days I left her - Canna Aqua, great stuff.
I'm not going to do a lot of training I reckon, I'll top her again, get the screen in and scrog her. Just need to get a journal up, which I will do shortly!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom